The best topic

Replies: 8531
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 01:49:44 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

ATTN: Renee

Started by Chuck Bronson, August 24, 2018, 05:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Chuck Bronson

OP edited for content.  Not suitable for The Blue Cashew.  Legit threads turned into a merged, mangled, shit-posted free-for-all.

Aryan

It's crazy to think a gluttonous blob like Renee is allowed to possess a firearm, I wonder how many cake shops she's held up while on one of her infamous calorie binges?

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"It's crazy to think a gluttonous blob like Renee is allowed to possess a firearm, I wonder how many cake shops she's held up while on one of her infamous calorie binges?

How clever and original. ac_boring  

A broken record, just like TD.

Aryan

The only thing broken here is your tiny manhood.

While on the subject of Twenty Shekels, I seem to recall you not long ago repeatedly telling us how much you like the guy and how he's misunderstood. It just goes to show how much of a shitty judge of character you are.  :laugh3:

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"The only thing broken here is your tiny manhood.

While on the subject of Twenty Shekels, I seem to recall you not long ago repeatedly telling us how much you like the guy and how he's misunderstood. It just goes to show how much of a shitty judge of character you are.  :laugh3:

I gave the old retard a chance too when he first arrived.

Renee

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Today I walked into Canadian Tire to buy some gun blue, and I noticed that they had a nice Marlin 1895 lever in 45-70 sitting in the cabinet.  The exact guide gun that you'd recommended.  Blued.

They only sell new, and want $1,000 CDN for it.

It's a nice gun, and I like the style, but here's my problem...  It's not a high powered chambering.  

I made a mental note of all 45-70 ammo available there, but let's take the two Remington loads into account...  One was a 405 gr 'suitable for all rifles'...   Muzzle energy was something like 1600 ft/lb.  The other was a 'high energy' 300 gr load, only for 'newer guns.'  Hot load, right?  No.  Muzzle energy for that round was something like 2,200 ft/lb.

The average .308 or 30-06 is already at around 3000 ft/lb.  MUCH more powerful.

What can I say here?  Even a 303 Brit has more powah!

Mel, I've been over this many times with you and you still refuse to get it. There is more to ballistics and killing power than muzzle energy....a lot more.

To make it relatively easy, here is a formula that is sometimes used to explain or predict bullet performance on game.

Energy (in foot pounds) x Sectional Density (taken from reloading manuals) x cross-sectional area of bullet (in square inches) = Killing Power Score. (Round off to one decimal place) the higher the number the better the chances of a clean kill.

E x SD x CS = KPS

Examples using numbers from my Hornady reloading manual 10th edition, Kindle..  ac_biggrin . These are all calculated using Hornady "Interlock" series of bonded bullets. I started with 130 grain .270 win for shits and giggles because that's my fav.

270 Winchester (130 grain at 3150 fps) - 35.0 KPS

.30-06 Springfield (180 grain at 2700 fps) - 49.2 KPS

AND....

.45-70 Government (405 grain at 1330 fps) - 55.0 KPS

Unfortunately this is only a theoretical guide....by far the determining factor in bringing down any kind of game is bullet placement. The second most important factor is probably bullet terminal performance which is dependant on velocity, bullet shape and construction. The third most important factor is probably the physical and mental state of the game animal in question at the moment it is shot. The formula above takes into account NONE of those factors. But overall the numbers you come up with do tend to mirror (more often than not) real world performance under typical conditions at 100 to 200 yards.

Now as for the Marlin guide gun...if it is a newer rifle, post 2009, I would seriously caution against buying it. It's  a "remlin" (Marlin/Remington) and could have some serious quality control issues. Find yourself a used older model, you'll be happier.

I know this might be a lot for your tiny brain to absorb and it requires you to do some research and math  :shock: ...but don't worry, it's the last time I'm going to go over it with you as well.

I also know that this post will elicit howls of protest,

and gnashing of dentures regarding what is or isnt appropriate topic material, from a certian regular here....But who really gives a fuck, I sure don't.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

If the whorepig wishes to demonstrate precisely why America's gun culture is an aberration, I'm fine with that.

She certainly, like many of her kind, know more about guns that human relationships.

Has anyone else noticed who the only member is that she engages with on the matter of firearms?

Birds of a feather, eh, whorepig.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Renee"Mel, I've been over this many times with you and you still refuse to get it.

Oh, I got it all right...  Right as he was applying a sale sticker on it!  Just saved $140 compared to yesterdays price.

You see, I do listen sometimes!  BEHOLD!  My brand new Mighty Marlin 1895 bush gun!  Hopefully it is 'Renee Approved'...  

As far as potential quality issues, I went over it thoroughly with a magnifying glass before purchase, as I am familiar with some complaints about the newer Remlins, but can find no flaws on this particular gun as of yet, and I'm pretty fucking thorough and do expect everything to be damn near 100% right.

Now I just have to get a case and a shoulder strap.

http://i65.tinypic.com/nejd34.jpg">

Bricktop

Wow!!

You the MAN, Mel.

You got GUNS.

I bet the whorepig will ask you to marry her now.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Bricktop"I bet the whorepig will ask you to marry her now.

I'm guessing she's still single after her husband ejected her from the home?

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Bricktop"Wow!!

You the MAN, Mel.

You got GUNS.

Don't be mad, no-guns...  If you're a good boy, I'll get you a Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas.  You can still own those in Oz, right?

Chuck Bronson

Here's something interesting that I just noticed...  Notice the barrel here by the rear sight?  Notice something missing?  This is where that shitty warning gets stamped into the barrel.  For some odd reason this barrel escaped getting defiled with the warning.  I will NOT complain about this error...

http://i68.tinypic.com/2uhu2xe.jpg">

Bricktop

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Wow!!

You the MAN, Mel.

You got GUNS.

Don't be mad, no-guns...  If you're a good boy, I'll get you a Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas.  You can still own those in Oz, right?

Son, I've carried and fired more guns than you will ever know, civilian and military.

I failed to see the appeal then, and I fail to see it now.

I especially fail to see why YOU need them.

Chuck Bronson

Keep it up, Brick, and there won't be no Red Ryder under the Christmas tree...

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Bricktop"I especially fail to see why YOU need them.

This particular firearm actually serves quite a narrow purpose.  It is really designed simply for one thing:  Defense from large predators that live in our wilds.

It doesn't excel at much else, and wouldn't typically be bought for any other purpose.

It's a bush gun.  Something you may take with you if you wanna get yer bush on.  You wouldn't need something like this in Australia, as you don't have there what we have here.