Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

my last work day until January 2/Christmas plans

Started by Anonymous, December 14, 2018, 03:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Gaon

I work until Friday. I get ten glorious days off.
The Russian Rock It

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I know of some individuals with a similar model who import scratch and dint consumer goods items from Asia and do quite well from it.

There's some truth to what you say, and sometimes the best selling products can be pretty unpredictable or no one ever gives a darn about, lol.

Well they get the goods at 1/6 to 1/10 of RRP, even with duties and container costs, then flog the cosmetically marked items pretty quickly at their warehouses and online. People don't care if they can pay 1/3 to 1/2 for what the chain stores are marking up.

They might only carry one to two dozen SKU's at any one time depending on what's going but it's not labour intensive and the turn over is pretty fast.

I think I know which stuff you're referring too, i've seen it too, but it might be only one side of the coin.

Dunno. One group originally only dealt with wiring, looms, cables, and other nickle and dime stuff but got out due to the flooding from other copycats and the slow turnaround once the box stores had too many desperates flogging for whatever they could get. I personally think it's better to keep the line items down and work on pull, if it's an option with the direct or middleman who has exclusive in Asia.

I guess the advantage of these business is you dun need much capital to import, but like you, Gaon and myself know competition, rent cost or mortgage/property tax, travel to source and other misc expense will cull these business pretty quick.
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I know of some individuals with a similar model who import scratch and dint consumer goods items from Asia and do quite well from it.

It's pretty cut throat in Israel. Too many people into it.

It's like anything really. People will exploit the system in packs. There are immigrant groups here who drive around on the weekends in our rural areas looking for elderly people having garage sales who just want to lighten their households before going to nursing homes and don't realize what these guys are doing when they bully them into nearly giving their stuff away only to put it in their secondhand shops back in the city at monstrous markups. Word spreads in these ethnic groups and pretty soon most of the valuable garage sale stuff is gone before it even starts.

Some of the older people have worked it out and now go to garage sales themselves to buy stuff to put in weekly or monthly garage sales of their own.

Business is a vacuum.

Lol imo that not real business, just a bunch of con artist that needs to be identified and get their asses kick.

Frood

It's like anything really. People will exploit the system in packs. There are immigrant groups here who drive around on the weekends in our rural areas looking for elderly people having garage sales who just want to lighten their households before going to nursing homes and don't realize what these guys are doing when they bully them into nearly giving their stuff away only to put it in their secondhand shops back in the city at monstrous markups. Word spreads in these ethnic groups and pretty soon most of the valuable garage sale stuff is gone before it even starts.

Some of the older people have worked it out and now go to garage sales themselves to buy stuff to put in weekly or monthly garage sales of their own.

Business is a vacuum.

Lol imo that not real business, just a bunch of con artist that needs to be identified and get their asses kick.

Oh, I dunno. There isn't much difference here. Just the scope. When the established businesses do it, relative mind you, it's delivering to shareholders. When sole proprietors do it, relative again, it's predatory behaviour which has no room in an ethics based society.

I don't see a major difference except it's easier to get angry at those you see doing it without the corporate curtain obscuring.
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Business is a vacuum.

Oh, I dunno. There isn't much difference here. Just the scope. When the established businesses do it, relative mind you, it's delivering to shareholders. When sole proprietors do it, relative again, it's predatory behaviour which has no room in an ethics based society.

I don't see a major difference except it's easier to get angry at those you see doing it without the corporate curtain obscuring.

The difference is one is productive to the society and highly needed is sustain the economy, meanwhile the other group is really better off disappeared without a trace.

Frood

Business is a vacuum.

The difference is one is productive to the society and highly needed is sustain the economy, meanwhile the other group is really better off disappeared without a trace.

Tell that to the supermarket price wars on milk here which has been bankrupting dairy farmers and causing a great number of suicides. Similar things have been happening with all kinds of produce. Farmers are barely breaking even in best case scenarios and the supermarkets are unapologetic.

There's similar things happening in our banking sector, an oligarchy of a handful of major banks.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

There's some truth to what you say, and sometimes the best selling products can be pretty unpredictable or no one ever gives a darn about, lol.

Well they get the goods at 1/6 to 1/10 of RRP, even with duties and container costs, then flog the cosmetically marked items pretty quickly at their warehouses and online. People don't care if they can pay 1/3 to 1/2 for what the chain stores are marking up.

They might only carry one to two dozen SKU's at any one time depending on what's going but it's not labour intensive and the turn over is pretty fast.

I think I know which stuff you're referring too, i've seen it too, but it might be only one side of the coin.

Dunno. One group originally only dealt with wiring, looms, cables, and other nickle and dime stuff but got out due to the flooding from other copycats and the slow turnaround once the box stores had too many desperates flogging for whatever they could get. I personally think it's better to keep the line items down and work on pull, if it's an option with the direct or middleman who has exclusive in Asia.

I guess the advantage of these business is you dun need much capital to import, but like you, Gaon and myself know competition, rent cost or mortgage/property tax, travel to source and other misc expense will cull these business pretty quick.

I know some Chinese in Calgary in the import business..

It doesn't seem that lucrative unless you have had to find products.

Zetsu

Business is a vacuum.

Tell that to the supermarket price wars on milk here which has been bankrupting dairy farmers and causing a great number of suicides. Similar things have been happening with all kinds of produce. Farmers are barely breaking even in best case scenarios and the supermarkets are unapologetic.

I'm not too familiar with the events in Oz but I can tell you this doesn't reflect the average company or corporation.  Let's face it, if you despise large business so much you might as well stop using everything you have.

Frood

Business is a vacuum.

I'm not too familiar with the events in Oz but I can tell you this doesn't reflect the average company or corporation.  Let's face it, if you despise large business so much you might as well stop using everything you have.

I've got no issue with business as long as it's operating in truly free market, which Australia isn't anywhere near achieving. We're overregulated and big business gets given protection from our big government. It's a mugs game.
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I know some Chinese in Calgary in the import business..

It doesn't seem that lucrative unless you have had to find products.

Now that i've tried it out, I wouldn't be surprised if the average store owner in Canada makes slightly below Ontario min wage, lol.  I assume most store owners still need to work full time to sustain a living, but at least they get to customize their own work hours.

Zetsu

Business is a vacuum.

I've got no issue with business as long as it's operating in truly free market, which Australia isn't anywhere near achieving. We're overregulated and big business gets given protection from our big government. It's a mugs game.

If that's the case then yea I do agree the government should stop interfering with business, whether it is providing them corporate welfare or over taxing them.  As long as people are providing a service or benefit to the society and not exploiting others or loop holes.

Blazor

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Zetsu"My brother and I have been kinda busy lately during the past few days, but we finally got nearly all the work done.

My sister in law and her mom will be coming over to Toronto during Christmas to see the aurora lights, though I won't be going with them.  Maybe it's time I should pay my best friend a visit this Xmas... only met up with him once every year since he moved to the US.  ac_unsure

Oooo, I would love to see the aurora lights some time in my life.

I feel ya, my brother was kinda like my best friend, and I only see him once a year, then he comes here once a year, which I think is in a few weeks. Which state he in?

He's working at New Jersey, he really like the life there, though stress at his work place has been creeping up to him lately, maybe it's time I should buy him something since I really haven't seen him in quite a while.

I'm not a big fan of the aurora, though I wouldn't mind going there in a tour group.  But if you're ever interested I believe there's some cheap tickets to visit northern Canada for a couple hundred USD and covers almost everything.  ac_cool

Right on on the lights!

Hell Jersey aint far from me at all lol. My son hated going through there, all the tolls.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Fashionista"How is your new enterprise doing Zetsu?

We're doing ok I guess, plus it's just me and my brother, we're still no were close to be called a large successful business lol.  Everyday is just my brother and I burning money for the business start up but still haven't earn a single penny.  All our friends assumed we're already super successful but they couldn't be any farther from the truth.  :001_tongue:

Have you had an uptick in sales for Christmas?

Currently I'm still figuring out how to get our webpage to show up from google's SEO, plus I doubt we'll be able to sell our first product before Christmas.  :001_tongue:

Im good at getting websites on the first page of a google search, usually near the top. If you need advice, just let me know  ac_smile

Anonymous

Is this a regular work week for you Blazor?

I'm on holidays until January 2..

I'm bored already, I think I'll clean my house again.

:laugh:

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"Is this a regular work week for you Blazor?

I'm on holidays until January 2..

I'm bored already, I think I'll clean my house again.

:laugh:

Yes mam, I posted my days off earlier in this thread lol (Saturday through Tuesday, 4 days)  ac_smile

I bet you're getting bored! I could use some help Christmas shopping and goodie making if you're bored  :laugh: