The best topic

Replies: 10398
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Australia wildfires

Started by Vancouver, January 03, 2020, 10:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "caskur"Those temps are diabolical.

Taiwan is very humid in the summer..

But, I couldn't imagine what fifty degrees must feel like.

Not much different than 45c....

Taiwan doesn't get forty five degrees either..

Maybe thirty eight in the Southern part of the country.

Anonymous

I was watching a massive climate protest in Sydney. It was on the CBC, so they put their spin on it. According to the CBC, Australia's fires will continue to get worse because of Australia's rounding error contribution to C02 emissions. We pay $1.2 billion per year for that propaganda machine.

@realAzhyaAryola

Bricktop set Australia on fire. The bastard.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Bricktop set Australia on fire. The bastard.

His wife told him not to play with lighters.

Anonymous

Aussie PM wants bushfire inquiry

MELBOURNE — after weeks of criticism over the handling of the bushfires scorching australia, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said on Sunday he will propose a national review into the response to the disaster, as the fires claimed another firefighter's life.

The australian bush has been burning for nearly three months and the fires have killed 28 people, claimed 2,000 homes and consumed millions of acres of land and wildlife. The crisis is becoming increasingly political as the country looks at the causes and the government's response.

"There is obviously a need for a national review of the response," Morrison said in an interview with ABC television.

asked whether it should be a royal Commission, a powerful judicial inquiry, Morrison said, "I think that is what would be necessary and I will be taking a proposal through the cabinet to that end, but it must be done with consultations with the states and territories."

Morrison said that the inquiry would examine the response to the crisis, including the deployment of emergency services to battle the fires at a state and local level, the role of the federal government, and the impact of climate change.

https://i.prcdn.co/img?regionKey=v%2BC7hPGq7B2%2FH3Bfj%2BFRFA%3D%3D">

A wallaby enjoys a snack after NSW'S National Parks and Wildlife Service air-dropped carrots to the starving animals on Saturday.

Anonymous

Climate change is thrown in there just to appease the progs. The fires were started by arsonists, and I believe at least some were alarmists. Alarmists are the reason there is so much fuel on the ground and why there's no cleared paths to get around fires. They should be looking at the impact of prog alarmists. Better yet, they should jail every elected Green in the country.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"Aussie PM wants bushfire inquiry

MELBOURNE — after weeks of criticism over the handling of the bushfires scorching australia, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said on Sunday he will propose a national review into the response to the disaster, as the fires claimed another firefighter's life.

The australian bush has been burning for nearly three months and the fires have killed 28 people, claimed 2,000 homes and consumed millions of acres of land and wildlife. The crisis is becoming increasingly political as the country looks at the causes and the government's response.

"There is obviously a need for a national review of the response," Morrison said in an interview with ABC television.

asked whether it should be a royal Commission, a powerful judicial inquiry, Morrison said, "I think that is what would be necessary and I will be taking a proposal through the cabinet to that end, but it must be done with consultations with the states and territories."

Morrison said that the inquiry would examine the response to the crisis, including the deployment of emergency services to battle the fires at a state and local level, the role of the federal government, and the impact of climate change.

https://i.prcdn.co/img?regionKey=v%2BC7hPGq7B2%2FH3Bfj%2BFRFA%3D%3D">

A wallaby enjoys a snack after NSW'S National Parks and Wildlife Service air-dropped carrots to the starving animals on Saturday.

They look like giant carrots or a tiny wallaby.

Anonymous

Australia's koala population has taken such an extraordinary hit from the wildfires sweeping the country that the marsupial could be classified as endangered in some areas. I read NSW has lost thirty per cent of it's koala population.

https://i.prcdn.co/img?regionKey=dAaPnFMTXop%2BmtEYd5b0Fw%3D%3D">

Vancouver

Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
">

I saw that video....it's heartbreaking.

ac_crying

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
">

Thar has to include livestock.

Frood

We're getting hammered by thunderstorms at the moment... up to 50 mm in 30 minutes, 110 kph wind gusts, and flash flooding...

I expect the power to cut out soon. Generator and agm's are primed and ready...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"We're getting hammered by thunderstorms at the moment... up to 50 mm in 30 minutes, 110 kph wind gusts, and flash flooding...

That'll help the bushfires.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"We're getting hammered by thunderstorms at the moment... up to 50 mm in 30 minutes, 110 kph wind gusts, and flash flooding...

That'll help the bushfires.

Helps and hurts... mushy ground makes it harder to gain access sometimes...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Finally, some common sense.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7860635/Australian-bushfire-crisis-183-people-arrested-24-charged-starting-fires.html?fbclid=IwAR2d-I-kxZKmBtzZPLZYOcPAMsfJOYwtc248BUB5CorgJ-tDoJ4d9AcW9EU">https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... J4d9AcW9EU">https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7860635/Australian-bushfire-crisis-183-people-arrested-24-charged-starting-fires.html?fbclid=IwAR2d-I-kxZKmBtzZPLZYOcPAMsfJOYwtc248BUB5CorgJ-tDoJ4d9AcW9EU

Arson is not caused by climate change': Row breaks out over real cause of Australia's bushfires after it emerges more than 180 people have been arrested over blazes in the past year