The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

I told you this was going to happen...

Started by Anonymous, January 21, 2020, 09:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Quote from: "Shen Li"Here we go. DD has Fash on a Woman's Christian Temperance Union rant.

There's no arguing reason with that sort...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"

Nope.  Couldn't reason with them over 100 years ago, in the US at least, and nothing has changed.

Religion is one thing you can count on that will turn people into robots who cannot think logically for themselves, and will only recite what they have been taught from a fictional book.

I think we all agree that drinking and driving is not good.  That said, what somebody does in the privacy of their own home is their business.  The article I linked clearly shows just how easily civil liberties can be eroded by small, special interest groups.

Cases like these are currently working through their way to the Supreme Court of Canada, and I fucking hope when it comes judgement time that this bullshit is quashed fucking hard and fast.  

Three Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms acts have been violated in the story in my link, and usually it takes only one or two for shit to get corrected at the Supreme Court level.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Here we go. DD has Fash on a Woman's Christian Temperance Union rant.

Alcohol is poison, it destroys lives and I would like to see no alcohol produced ever again.

Blazor

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I'm tired of hearing about religions and politics.  I wish people could just be kind to eachother...but nooo its too hard to do...

Wanna party tonight Berry?  ac_dance
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Alcohol is poison, it destroys lives and I would like to see no alcohol produced ever again.

Please pray to Jesus, that next time he turns the water into pineapple juice  :laugh:

Alcohol is bad on the liver and such, if consumed too much. It also is bad for "some" folks, as it makes them mean. But, there are some folks, that when they drink "spirits", it uplifts them. Whats wrong with someone wanting to be happy and festive?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

Please pray to Jesus, that next time he turns the water into pineapple juice  :laugh:

Alcohol is bad on the liver and such, if consumed too much. It also is bad for "some" folks, as it makes them mean. But, there are some folks, that when they drink "spirits", it uplifts them. Whats wrong with someone wanting to be happy and festive?

As I said, my objection to the production and consumption of alcohol is not based on my faith....I know Jesus imbibed..

I think alcohol should be banned because it destroys lives and places a burden on public health care.

Blurt

Mel, don't drink and drive.

You fuck your own shit up if you do.

Sometimes I'll have a glass of red wine at dinner. I have it for the taste, not the alcohol.

Fash, the use of substances that affect the CNS was originally associated with religious praxis. This, from the dawn of recorded history. Considerations of health and safety won't overcome anything. Especially when the issue is never the use of drugs and alcohol, but rather their abuse.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"Mel, don't drink and drive.

You fuck your own shit up if you do.

Sometimes I'll have a glass of red wine at dinner. I have it for the taste, not the alcohol.

Fash, the use of substances that affect the CNS was originally associated with religious praxis. This, from the dawn of recorded history. Considerations of health and safety won't overcome anything. Especially when the issue is never the use of drugs and alcohol, but rather their abuse.

Are you saying liberation theology types were hitting the barrel wash. They should have exercised a little restraint like old Herman does. I only have a thimble or two of swish.

Frood

Same could be said of religion and communism....

Tell you what... you give up the poison of religion and I'll forsake the sacred nectar of the fallen apple... deal?  :laugh:
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Same could be said of religion and communism....

Tell you what... you give up the poison of religion and I'll forsake the sacred nectar of the fallen apple... deal?  :laugh:

This is how I feel Fash looks at some of us sometimes lolololol.......

https://media3.giphy.com/media/ainqHgYdVt33O/giphy.gif">

Anonymous

As I said, my objection to the production and consumption of alcohol is not based on my faith....I know Jesus imbibed..

I think alcohol should be banned because it destroys lives and places a burden on public health care.

Your thoughts are very simplistic in nature, and I have a hard time believing your disgust with alcoholic beverages isn't faith related...

That said, I will humour you.  If your preoccupation with banning spirits isn't faith based, then my only conclusion reasons that your husband drinks to excess.

Does your husband drink, Fash?  Or any other close family member?

On to part two:  Prohibition doesn't work.  It has been tried, and it failed.  Alcoholic beverages are easy for most anyone to make, so you cannot stop the supply.  Governments have learned long ago it's best to simply tax the shit out of the product, just as they do with tobacco.  Trust me...  Heavy drinkers and smokers, and least in Canada, have paid more in taxes than probably anyone else has.  We cover our own expenses.

caskur

The Bible doesn't prohibit alcohol consumption, it just tells people not to drink to excess.

Ignorant atheists make me laugh.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Berry Sweet

My choice not to drink alcohol isn't faith related...it's a lifestyle choice...I'm sure Fash has made the same choice...not everyone drinks or guzzles down a few.

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"The Bible doesn't prohibit alcohol consumption, it just tells people not to drink to excess.

Ignorant atheists make me laugh.

Are you on any prescription painkillers?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"My choice not to drink alcohol isn't faith related...it's a lifestyle choice...I'm sure Fash has made the same choice...not everyone drinks or guzzles down a few.

And good on you for that.  You have made personal decisions that seem to be working for you.

What Fash is parroting, time and time again, is that alcohol must be banned and prohibited...  A different mindset.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview