News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10608
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 01:17:18 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=404043 time=1614827234 user_id=3254
My husband and I were hoping to to go the Netherlands for Christmas, and see some of his relatives..

With Alberta's new four month rule between injections, I wonder if we will need to isolate for fourteen days with only one shot of the vaccine?

We want to take a trip this winter too. I hope no quarantine will be required.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=404049 time=1614828520 user_id=56
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=404043 time=1614827234 user_id=3254
My husband and I were hoping to to go the Netherlands for Christmas, and see some of his relatives..

With Alberta's new four month rule between injections, I wonder if we will need to isolate for fourteen days with only one shot of the vaccine?

We want to take a trip this winter too. I hope no quarantine will be required.

I hope one jab will be enough that I don't need to quarantine.

Anonymous

Albertans born in 1957 can book the Astra-Zeneca on March 10..

Those born between 1957 and 1971 can book that vaccine in the following days as long as supplies last..

All Albertans aged eighteen and over will be offered at least one does of COVID vaccine by the end of June.....provided Ottawa delivers supplies.

Odinson

The EU has stopped italian made Astra-Zeneca vaccines from being transported to Australia.

Saying that Australias need is lesser than ours.

cc

Incompetent Justine has placed us here  at the mercy of the EU

%%^&#$$
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

We'll be getting our Astra-Zeneca from India.

cc

True .. in fact it's already in Canada and will get to provinces this weekend

I was referring to the other ones .. which now look good, so long as EU doesn't play more  games with us

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=404138 time=1614906992 user_id=88
True .. in fact it's already in Canada and will get to provinces this weekend

I was referring to the other ones .. which now look good, so long as EU doesn't play more  games with us

My mother in law has her appointment booked for next week to get her first dose.

cc

Great ... is it RNA? Y

ou guys ar e using a different process .. at least to some extent - Here it's by ages for booking  starting monday (all above 65 will be RNA)

(90+)

Please call the week of March 8.

(85+)

Please call the week of March 15.

(80+)

Please call the week of March 22.

They will be giving locations out next week and other ages to follow in April

New is > In parallel, essential workers, paramedics, grocery workers  etc etc will get Astrazeneca

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=404028 time=1614820079 user_id=3254
Chief medical officer of health Dr. Deena Hinshaw said Wednesday that Alberta will be extending the period between first and second doses of COVID-19 vaccines to four months starting with appointments being booked March 10..

Dr Hinshaw also said that most Albertans aged eighteen and over should be able to get their first shot by early summer.

I read that. Health Minister Shandro says all Albertans that want the vaccine can get their first shot by June 30.

cc

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=404153 time=1614911412 user_id=56
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=404028 time=1614820079 user_id=3254
Chief medical officer of health Dr. Deena Hinshaw said Wednesday that Alberta will be extending the period between first and second doses of COVID-19 vaccines to four months starting with appointments being booked March 10..

Dr Hinshaw also said that most Albertans aged eighteen and over should be able to get their first shot by early summer.

I read that. Health Minister Shandro says all Albertans that want the vaccine can get their first shot by June 30.

Yes. That's what our Bonnie is telling us too

She has been explaining her logic combined with the science of vaccines for months (and how the longer time = stronger effect)  - decided to do it yesterday, Canada agreed and now likely everyone will do it this way

I have seen stuff on Astrazeneca (which is very good and has evidence to back it up) but would like to see something on the RNAs as to "far less severe effects" for those who do catch covid

I expect it's the case, that they  all greatly decrease severity,  but would like to hear about the evidence for the RNA ones .. other than they grow 3rd eyes in Oz

Anonymous

The Johnson and Johnson vaccine has been approved in Canada.

What you need to know about Johnson & Johnson's approved single-dose vaccine

Canada added a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine to its pandemic-fighting arsenal on Friday, approving Johnson & Johnson's product a week after it was authorized in the United States.

That gives Canada four distinct vaccines — along with Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and Oxford-AstraZeneca — and it adds flexibility to the country's plan to immunize the majority of its residents by September. Health Canada includes a fifth vaccine, Covishield, which is a separate brand name for doses of the AstraZeneca product made at the Serum Institute of India.

Canada has already secured up to 38 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine through previous negotiations with the company, however it's not expected that any will flow to Canada until at least April.

Here's what we know about the Johnson & Johnson vaccine:

HOW EFFECTIVE IS IT?

Johnson & Johnson announced promising results from its Phase 3 clinical trials at the end of January, suggesting its vaccine reduced severe COVID-19 disease by 85 per cent, and prevented 100 per cent of COVID-related hospitalization or death.

The vaccine had a 72 per cent efficacy in preventing COVID infections after 28 days in the company's U.S. trials. The efficacy dropped to 66 per cent when averaging in results from other global trials, including a South African study that factored in more transmissible variants of the COVID virus.

An FDA report last monthsaid the vaccine was 64 per cent effective in preventing infection in South Africa about a month after the vaccines were administered.

Pfizer and Moderna showed 95 per cent efficacy in their respective trials, but those were both tested against previous dominant strains of the virus and didn't account for the variants that have popped up since.

Pfizer, Moderna and AstraZeneca also had zero hospitalizations and deaths in their trials.

The FDA report said the Johnson & Johnson vaccine was similarly effective across age, race and people with comorbidities. The agency added that effectiveness appeared to be lower (42.3 per cent after one month) in people over 60 with comorbidities such as diabetes or heart disease.

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS VACCINE?

The potential ease of distribution offered by a one-and-done shot, and its ability to be stored in a regular fridge are among its biggest strengths.

Vaccines from Pfizer, Moderna and AstraZeneca all require two doses.

Johnson & Johnson's vaccine can be stored in a regular fridge for up to three months, the company says.

WHAT KIND OF VACCINE TECHNOLOGY IS USED?

Unlike the mRNA technology used in Pfizer and Moderna's products, Johnson & Johnson is a non-replicating viral vector vaccine similar to AstraZeneca's.

That means it uses a different harmless virus, which can't copy itself, as a vector to give our cells the instructions they need to make the coronavirus's spike protein.

The immune system recognizes the protein and makes antibodies, which then allow us to fend off attack from the same virus if exposed in the future.

WERE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS NOTED?

The FDA document said no specific safety concerns were identified in participants regardless of age, race and comorbidities.

The FDA added the most common reported side effects were headache and fatigue, followed by muscle aches, nausea and fever.

https://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/news/what-you-need-to-know-about-johnson-johnson-s-approved-single-dose-vaccine-1.24290699">https://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/news/w ... 1.24290699">https://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/news/what-you-need-to-know-about-johnson-johnson-s-approved-single-dose-vaccine-1.24290699

cc

We are finally developing an arsenal - what with 2 new ones (1 already here) and the RNA ones delivering what was promised finally

BTW. The Astrazeneca we got has to be used quickly - It will only stay fresh for about a month

So the scramble is on to decide who gets it, inform them and jab

We are using it for front lines - cops, firemen, ambulance etc   .. then grocery works, MDs etc etc .. with no change in RNA schedules for over 65 at least

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=404220 time=1614964991 user_id=88
We are finally developing an arsenal - what with 2 new ones (1 already here) and the RNA ones delivering what was promised finally

BTW. The Astrazeneca we got has to be used quickly - It will only stay fresh for about a month

So the scramble is on to decide who gets it, inform them and jab

We are using it for front lines - cops, firemen, ambulance etc   .. then grocery works, MDs etc etc .. with no change in RNA schedules for over 65 at least

BTW - efficiency is not the only important criteria - How much they lessen severity for those who get infected is also a vital criteria to weigh

Anybody aged fifty to sixty four can get the Astra-Zeneca vaccine can book an appointment for a first dose in Alberta starting March 10.

cc

BTW - efficiency is not the only important criteria

How much they lessen severity for those who get infected is also a vital criteria to weigh

If severity is consistently greatly reduced, then one could say it's virtually 100%

Which is why I'm trying to find that element for RNA vaccines .. Astra-Zeneca is virtually 100% in that category