News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10349
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 19, 2024, 11:54:50 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

Will the free gibs lead to more freeloaders on welfare?

Started by Anonymous, April 30, 2020, 06:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "sasquatch"
Quote from: "Hastings"People are being paid EI to stay at home, for many this would be the first time they have claimed welfare, because many have shitty and stressful jobs I think many people won't go back to work

EI only pays 55% of your wage(up to a certain dollar amount) for a certain amount of time depending on how many hours you worked in a 52 week period. You only get it if you lose your job of no fault of your own.

I can survive on EI but then I live in social housing

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hastings"People are being paid EI to stay at home, for many this would be the first time they have claimed welfare, because many have shitty and stressful jobs I think many people won't go back to work

EI only pays 55% of your wage(up to a certain dollar amount) for a certain amount of time depending on how many hours you worked in a 52 week period. You only get it if you lose your job of no fault of your own.

The max is around $1000 every two weeks.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Yes you can live on that if you know how

Odinson

Anonymous

Quote from: "Kurt"

As long as you don't own a vehicle or have housing expenses.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I have subsidies rent and I don't have a vehicle, its a cash drain

Odinson

You can afford a vehicle.. At least in Finland.

Its not the ride, its the rider..

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/st-petersburg-russia-july-old-red-rusty-car-dents-rotten-door-parked-city-street-red-rusty-car-152746310.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

I have subsidies rent and I don't have a vehicle, its a cash drain

That explains it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"In all seriosity, Melski, I'm glad you're enjoying your moment in the wild. You do seem like you're in a better head space since the move.

You've worked very hard over the past decade at portraying yourself as a lone wolf and now you have the setting to match.

Just goes to show that Oscar ain't the only Boob in the Boonies.

There's comfort in that knowledge.

I don't miss the big city, to be honest.  While this area is rural, there are still people all around...  We're just spaced out a bit better!

The move did come rather unexpectedly though, since I thought for sure the sellers would tell me to fuck off with my low-ball offer.  When they accepted, well, I didn't want to renig, since I'm not a renigger, and here I am!

People from all over the World vacation here, so it can't be that bad!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"Bar soap would save your arse far better...

But if there's nobody around to smell it, does an ass really stink?

Frood

Quote from: "Mel"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"Bar soap would save your arse far better...

But if there's nobody around to smell it, does an ass really stink?

:laugh:

Ok Mr Poopy Pants...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I know Oz can get quite hot, so I bet there's a lot of sweaty, swampy, stinky asses in that region of the world...

Frood

Quote from: "Mel"I know Oz can get quite hot, so I bet there's a lot of sweaty, swampy, stinky asses in that region of the world...

Showers are a popular past time... and grog...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"I know Oz can get quite hot, so I bet there's a lot of sweaty, swampy, stinky asses in that region of the world...

Care to comment Caskur?  ac_biggrin

(And did the police ever manage to retrieve your stolen pantaloons?)

caskur

Quote from: "Guest"

Care to comment Caskur?  ac_biggrin

(And did the police ever manage to retrieve your stolen pantaloons?)

It's 10.8 C here right now so no sweaty parts here.

And you?
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview