The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Changing Politics & Economics of Western Countries vs The Pariah

Started by cc, May 02, 2020, 11:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=386842 time=1602704671 user_id=88
QuoteWe had an outbreak of what we thought was the flu at our Toronto terminal in November 2019. At the time, they thought it was the flu even though two of the employees who got sick got a flu shot. Some of the symptoms included inability to smell, but they thought it was clogged nasal passages. Most people at CP now think it was a COVID outbreak. All the employees were under fifty and all made a total recovery.
Could be. I'm still not sure my pneumonia in mid February was not "possibly" covid

Point. " even though two of the employees who got sick got a flu shot" in itself has no significance toward any view.

Flu shots have never been thought of as definite. Any pharmacist will merely say they:

1. reduce chances of getting flu

2. often reduce symptoms of those who do contract it

and that's the best we get from them

Similarly, I had pneumonia shot and was told similar to the above before contracting pneumonia

Also what Fash said, I and my doc have asked for but not gotten an antibody test .. Several months ago there was big talk that Canada was moving rapidly toward testing, but crickets since

I realize that about flu shots. I have caught the flu after getting an injection. But, it adds a little to the suspicion at our Toronto terminal.

My point is I believe COVID was not only around before December of 2019, I believe it had already began to spread in Canada before then.

cc

It well could have and may have.

The only argument against that is that with no knowledge of how to deal with it,   it would have spread like wildfire, multiplied itself several times over daily and become an huge issue very quickly
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=386849 time=1602705435 user_id=88
It well could have and may have.

The only argument against that is that with no knowledge of how to deal with it,   it would have spread like wildfire, multiplied itself several times over daily and become an huge issue very quickly

If I knew any of the railroaders in Toronto, I could find out if anybody around them also got sick.

cc

At the same time it could have been present and diagnosed as flu and / or pneumonia.

I'm still a bit suspicious about my "pneumonia " in early February

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=386853 time=1602705981 user_id=88
At the same time it could have been present and diagnosed as flu and / or pneumonia. I'm still unsure about my "pneumonia " in early February

This is why antobodies testing is so important.

IHJ, Seoul wants an antobodies test, but he can't seem to get one.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=386854 time=1602706104 user_id=3254
At the same time it could have been present and diagnosed as flu and / or pneumonia. I'm still unsure about my "pneumonia " in early February

After all the big talk from Ottawa about rapid testing,  I have heard nothing since

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=386856 time=1602706595 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=386854 time=1602706104 user_id=3254

After all the big talk from Ottawa about rapid testing,  I have heard nothing since

I don't know what happened.

Anonymous

India's Ruling Party Warns 'World Should Be Concerned' About China's Recent Actions

There's no logic to China's recent aggressive behavior toward India, and the world should be concerned about the Beijing regime's agenda, the vice president of the Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP), India's ruling party, told The Epoch Times in an exclusive interview.

"The way they are stepping up the aggression ... this is not just about India," Baijayant Panda, who also serves as BJP's spokesperson, said in a telephone interview from New Delhi. "You have seen the aggressive behavior when it comes to Taiwan, when it comes to Japan, [and] activities in the South China Sea.

"So it seems to fit a pattern and the world should be concerned about it."

India and China have been engaged in a tense border situation since June 15, after 20 Indian soldiers and an unknown number of Chinese troops were killed in a hand-to-hand skirmish in the Himalayan heights of Galwan in the Ladakh region. Since then, both countries have positioned tens of thousands of troops on either side of the border.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/exclusive-indias-ruling-party-warns-world-should-be-concerned-about-chinas-recent-behavior_3534238.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2020-10-15">https://www.theepochtimes.com/exclusive ... 2020-10-15">https://www.theepochtimes.com/exclusive-indias-ruling-party-warns-world-should-be-concerned-about-chinas-recent-behavior_3534238.html?utm_source=morningbriefnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mb-2020-10-15

cc

[One can feel China v. India heating up

One can also feel the "China v. rest of the world" heating up
]

https://www.theepochtimes.com/chinese-leader-xi-jinping-tells-marines-to-focus-on-preparing-for-war_3540362.html">Chinese Leader Xi Jinping Tells Marines to Focus on 'Preparing for War'

Chinese leader Xi Jinping told the country's marines to put "all [their] minds and energy into preparing for war" as the regime continues to ratchet up pressure on Taiwan.

During an inspection of a marine base in the southern Chinese city of Chaozhou on Oct. 13, Xi told troops to focus on preparing for war and "maintain a high state of readiness," according to the official publication of the Chinese military. Xi is head of the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) armed forces, known as the People's Liberation Army (PLA).

Xi emphasized the CCP's "absolute leadership over the armed forces," and the need to "guarantee that troops are absolutely loyal, pure, and reliable," according to Chinese state-run media Xinhua. He also spoke of "passing on the red gene" within the PLA Marines and developing a fighting spirit of "not fearing suffering nor death."

The remarks come as the regime has sharply escalated military pressure on Taiwan in recent months. The CCP considers the self-ruled island as part of its territory and has never ruled out using force to bring it under the Party's control.

The PLA aircraft have crossed the sensitive "median line" of the Taiwan Strait—a demarcation that has served as an unofficial buffer zone—almost 50 times so far this year, the highest since 1990.

As of Oct. 7, the PLA has sent 1,710 aircraft and 1,029 vessels into Taiwan's defense zone, prompting the island to scramble nearly 3,000 jets in response, according to Taiwan's Defense Minister Yen De-Fa.

Anonymous

Xi is the most aggressive leader of China since Mao..

But, he option of an invasion of Taiwan is off the table for now.

cc

Yes, off the table especially so long as US has strength at the top

He certainly is an updated Mao .. with long range "external" intents far beyond those of Mao

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=387087 time=1602809283 user_id=88
Yes, off the table especially so long as US has strength at the top

He certainly is an updated Mao .. with long range "external" intents far beyond those of Mao

Mao the murderer had an ambitious agenda. What he lacked was money and technology to carry out his insanity.

cc

OK, I stand corrected. So he did have serious external desires

He is one major figure whom  I have not studied a lot .. Prolly should have

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=387104 time=1602812656 user_id=88

He was in the same vein as his mentor, Josef Stalin. Mao shared his delusions of global conquest.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=387117 time=1602814457 user_id=56
Quote from: cc post_id=387104 time=1602812656 user_id=88

He was in the same vein as his mentor, Josef Stalin. Mao shared his delusions of global conquest.

He was the definition of a despot.....he also started the Korean War.