The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Changing Politics & Economics of Western Countries vs The Pariah

Started by cc, May 02, 2020, 11:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=363325 time=1590294416 user_id=1689
Look at this video about Chinese president Justine Trudeau by Erin O'Toole.

[media]
">
[/media]

I like some of the things he said. But, I don't trust Conservatives anymore than I do Liberals.

Anonymous

Erin O'Toole has promised to end subsidies for political parties. :thumbup:

cc

After letting this guy slip out of their grasp - they do not deserve to lead

">
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

PP would have been pm if he got the reins of the party. I will bet anything the McKay camp had something with his decision to drop our of the race.

cc

I do believe that. I need to follow Canadian politics more. Things have been so hopeless for so long that I have been avoiding it

cc

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-warns-us-against-sparking-cold-war">China warns US against sparking Cold War

Wang Yi, the Chinese foreign minister, said Sunday that the U.S. should "give up on its wishful thinking of changing China" and avoid bringing the two countries to a "new Cold War."

"China has no intention to change, still replace, the United States," he said, according to the Washington Post. "It is time for the United States to give up its wishful thinking of changing China and stopping 1.4 billion people in their historic march toward modernization."

The Post pointed out that a spokesman for Wang implied that American troops planted the virus in Wuhan.

U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has called the proposal "a death knell for the high degree of autonomy" that Beijing promised the former British colony when it was returned to China in 1997.

"We are trying hard to come out of an economic disaster. But a knockdown fight with China has been thrust upon us," he said. "The takeover of Hong Kong is the writing on the wall."

Anonymous

cc

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/universities-attempt-to-keep-congress-from-gaining-access-to-documents-highlighting-their-ties-to-china/">Universities Attempt To Keep Congress From Gaining Access To Documents Highlighting Their Ties To China

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Screen-Shot-2020-05-22-at-7.50.43-PM-1200x630.png">

The Education Department's General Counsel Reed Rubinstein wrote the letter, which told elected officials who requested the documents that the universities' lawyers "claimed Freedom of Information Act exemptions and legal privileges to block record production to Congress."

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=363460 time=1590435002 user_id=88
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/universities-attempt-to-keep-congress-from-gaining-access-to-documents-highlighting-their-ties-to-china/">Universities Attempt To Keep Congress From Gaining Access To Documents Highlighting Their Ties To China

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Screen-Shot-2020-05-22-at-7.50.43-PM-1200x630.png">

The Education Department's General Counsel Reed Rubinstein wrote the letter, which told elected officials who requested the documents that the universities' lawyers "claimed Freedom of Information Act exemptions and legal privileges to block record production to Congress."

No surprise.

cc

Several govts are currently looking at stopping China's students from taking science and engineering courses

How stupid we have been allowing that - China's mimicking + hacking our ways (while we knew they were doing it)  is stupid enough, but actually teaching them how to beat us has always been light years beyond stupid

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=363462 time=1590436499 user_id=88
Several govts are currently looking at stopping China's students from taking science and engineering courses

How stupid we have been allowing that - China's mimicking + hacking our ways (while we knew they were doing it)  is stupid enough, but actually teaching them how to beat us has always been light years beyond stupid

Really?

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=363476 time=1590442294 user_id=3254

Really?

The US, UK and much of the EU are looking toward stopping students from being taught  things useful to China in the Universities

I'll post links as they come up - It's an ongoing and hot issue now

cc

This is interesting development

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-sees-surge-in-imported-coronavirus-cases-as-students-others-fly-home">China sees surge in imported coronavirus cases as students, others fly home

China fears a fresh coronavirus outbreak as infected students and expatriates return home from the U.S. and Europe and the number of imported virus cases in the country surge.

Anonymous

Ban foreign students from one country in those areas of study is blatant discrimination. Any court will strike it down.

cc

Stopping people from taking home valuable info to a known and proven info predator is not even close to illegal nor is it remotely discriminatory

Further, countries all determine who gets student visas & what areas of study they can get them for. Even lame Canada can and does now. No country has to grant any student visas as a matter of fact, much less regulate them

This will sort itself out as we all start to deal with China for what it is. Back in the days of Cold War that was a given .. and China vs the rest of the world is moving us into exactly that situation ... it being a legal situation I'm referring to .. De facto, it already is.