Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

Why I Think Facebook Is So Lame

Started by Anonymous, November 16, 2013, 10:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "jaysings"nothing worst than posting photos of foods and luxurious life's experiences in ostentious way on FB

I totally agree Jay. What's the point of that shit?

Anonymous

I am one of those people who spends too much time on fb. I should set aside a budget of time each week. If I go under I can bank it up. I go over, then I don't know, go for a walk maybe.

Annie

Quote from: "Keeper"
Quote from: "Annie"Keeper, best way to get it off your phone if it won't let you manually uninstall the app is to go into settings and do a factory reset. I just had to do that with my Galaxy S after it started doing weird stuff. Apps weren't working, text messages doubling, not sending, failing etc. Even my ringtones were changed on they're own. Turned out I had opted to not install an update or two. Afterwards I realized it had to do with Google and they're store that was no longer part of all the apps on my phone and they changed names.

I have 2 phones, They both wont let me. there Iphones  work is a 4 mine is a 5, are you sure a reset will remove them?

I don't know about iphones, mine's a Galaxy S and it worked on mine. I guess you'd have to call or check online what you could do. But if you do a factory reset, it will delete ALL of your downloaded apps but will keep your contacts. At least that's what it did for mine.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"
Quote from: "Keeper"
Quote from: "Annie"Keeper, best way to get it off your phone if it won't let you manually uninstall the app is to go into settings and do a factory reset. I just had to do that with my Galaxy S after it started doing weird stuff. Apps weren't working, text messages doubling, not sending, failing etc. Even my ringtones were changed on they're own. Turned out I had opted to not install an update or two. Afterwards I realized it had to do with Google and they're store that was no longer part of all the apps on my phone and they changed names.

I have 2 phones, They both wont let me. there Iphones  work is a 4 mine is a 5, are you sure a reset will remove them?

I don't know about iphones, mine's a Galaxy S and it worked on mine. I guess you'd have to call or check online what you could do. But if you do a factory reset, it will delete ALL of your downloaded apps but will keep your contacts. At least that's what it did for mine.

I dunno Annie, I had an iphone and that is exactly what happened with me.

Renee

I never started a personal Facebook page, never saw the need, but I did have one for business but it's not active now and there are no plans to make it active. Like all social networking sites I find that it is only a novelty and I just don't have the attention span or time to devote to keeping up with it. Once I lose interest it just becomes a bother.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"I never started a personal Facebook page, never saw the need, but I did have one for business but it's not active now and there are no plans to make it active. Like all social networking sites I find that it is only a novelty and I just don't have the attention span or time to devote to keeping up with it. Once I lose interest it just becomes a bother.

I like linkedin though.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"I never started a personal Facebook page, never saw the need, but I did have one for business but it's not active now and there are no plans to make it active. Like all social networking sites I find that it is only a novelty and I just don't have the attention span or time to devote to keeping up with it. Once I lose interest it just becomes a bother.

I like linkedin though.

It's my experience that LinkedIn is very business/professional oriented. It's not geared toward the bored teen or chronically unemployed couch potato the way that Facebook has become. Hopefully it will remain that way.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

I like linkedin though.

It's my experience that LinkedIn is very business/professional oriented. It's not geared toward the bored teen or chronically unemployed couch potato the way that Facebook has become. Hopefully it will remain that way.

Eggs ackly!

Odinson

People need normal social conduct. Speaking through the internet like robots is not healthy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
I like linkedin though.

Eggs ackly!

I should also add it's a great tool for networking.

Odinson

I´m on facebook failures. Women talk... This particular one accidentally published it and of course the official fb troll crew took a screencap.

Odinson

You never know to whom you are talking to.

I got jussi´s facebook account and I said "I was bought from ethiopia.. I was a slightly retarded baby".

And something about his butt-cherry.

I got my troll beanie on in that fine day.  :lol:

Anonymous

I like Facebook because I can stay in touch with friends and family all over Canada and the world..

Our church sponsors a missionary in Tanzania and another in India that give us regular updates..

I know much of what account holders write is trite which is why I try to restrict using it to when I actually have something to say or respond to.

Frost

I hate the disorganization of the site, and lack of basic controls to block stuff you dislike.

I like a forum a lot more, and the best part is I can go to another thread if I don't like the page. :)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"I hate the disorganization of the site, and lack of basic controls to block stuff you dislike.

I like a forum a lot more, and the best part is I can go to another thread if I don't like the page. :)

Yep, another reason I hate it.