Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Gun didnt save this Guy

Started by JOE, December 31, 2022, 03:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetsu

Quote from: kiebers post_id=490143 time=1672866442 user_id=193
How much time elapsed between him telling the guy to drop his weapon, and when the first shot was fired. That is my main issue with the whole thing.

I do agree with you Kiebs, I believe the police have the rights and protocol to shoot down an potentially dangerous suspect, as long as a life is being threaten due to e.g gun fire from the suspect, suspect springs forward with a sharp opject, etc, lethal force is justified.  The weird thing is why tell the suspect to drop his weapon and shoot him like in the next split second, I assume the reason is Singh might have turned around towards the officer along with his gun, not too sure though as the cop's arm was blocking the view.
Permanently off his rocker

Blazor

I blame Obama. Motherfucker should of never Militarized the police force. Nor made it where they were trained to shoot pregnant women or children. FUCK that piece of shit. "No hesitation" sure does seem to be the case in this case.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftherionorteline.files.wordpress.com%2F2013%2F02%2F420244_580791275283125_1493453234_n.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=d8c9f23027b4b5310d354ba24f2e8db037645f8415429c40c08cb796c9b630c9&ipo=images">
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Zetsu

Quote from: Blazor post_id=490165 time=1672887134 user_id=2221
I blame Obama. Motherfucker should of never Militarized the police force. Nor made it where they were trained to shoot pregnant women or children. FUCK that piece of shit. "No hesitation" sure does seem to be the case in this case.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Ftherionorteline.files.wordpress.com%2F2013%2F02%2F420244_580791275283125_1493453234_n.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=d8c9f23027b4b5310d354ba24f2e8db037645f8415429c40c08cb796c9b630c9&ipo=images">

I know it very disturbing and I hate to say this to you brother but you're being dangerously naive or too pure.  You need to understand if someone is pointing a gun at you, in order to preserve yourself or life, you must be prepared to do something, even if it means shooting down a women or children, else criminal organizations might just hire children as hitman and get your own police force murdered very quickly.

If you calculate who are the real victims as an individual in the society based upon risk taking/vulnerability, it's your own police as far as I know.

In fact the US is one of the last nations on earth to execute this kind of practice, even in peaceful Canada police protocol are trained to shoot down a suspect (doesn't matter of age or gender) around in public with a gun, which is a extremely serious offense, or Hong Kong, where their police force are known to be gentleman for some odd reason go through the same type of training over 30 years ago.

Surprisingly with the gun violence going on in the US, your police are already insanely professional, tolerant and the best.  A police job is to uphold the law and their own lives must be taken into account.

Blazor

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=490180 time=1672923894 user_id=61
Quote from: Blazor post_id=490165 time=1672887134 user_id=2221

I know it sounds very disturbing and I hate to say this to you brother but you're just being dangerously naive.  You need to understand if someone is pointing a gun at you, in order to preserve yourself or life, you must be prepared to do something, even if it means shooting down a women or children, else criminal organizations might just hire children as hitman and get your own police force murdered very quickly.

If you calculate who are the real victims as an individual in the society based upon risk taking/vulnerability, it's your own police as far as I know.

In fact the US is one of the last nations on earth to execute this kind of practice, even in peaceful Canada police protocol are trained to shoot down a suspect (doesn't matter of age or gender) around in public with a gun, which is a extremely serious offense, or Hong Kong, where their police force are known to be gentleman for some odd reason go through the same type of training over 30 years ago.

Surprisingly with the gun violence going on in the US, your police are already insanely professional, tolerant and the best.  A police job is to uphold the law and their own lives must be taken into account.

In your first paragraph, you are basically saying, that if some fool runs onto your property with an assault rifle, in order to protect themselves, and preserve their life, they should shoot the officer that is about to gun them down? Thats what it sounds like, cause that shit works both ways.

That fucking officer, from the looks in the video, ran onto the yard, with military grade weapons, and started firing. THEN he said show me your hands. Never did he say who he was, while dressed in all black, like a fucking Antifa goon.

According to you, its completely ok to "not be hesitant", and they should gun down grannies and children, with military grade weapons, without any warning. Is that what you are saying?

The 911 dispatcher even said the home owner fired into the home, not into the street, and that he was scared of someone in the home. Hello?

Now that I've stated all that, let me go further......

I think you're the naive one, if you really think our police force isnt being groomed for nefarious means. I mean fuck, they are even trained that our forefathers are terrorists! Told to stand down and let the rioters riot! But lets instead train on targets of children and grannies, with military weapons. Yeah, we know who they going for. Its Patriots, not real terrorists.

You also say they are the real risk takers and victims, the most vulnerable. As a former Pizza delivery driver, I will say that Pizza delivery, is right under police officer, as far as profession with the most risk. This is fact. So we should be training pizza delivery drivers now, with military grade weapons, shooting at targets of children? Since they are at risk?

Also, in case you didnt know, Im a former Police Cadet. I left, because most of the cops were assholes, with an attitude problem, and couldnt wait to "punish" some motherfucker. Also because I didnt feel like some laws should be laws, and I didnt want to enforce them. Have you ever joined a police force?

Zetsu

Quote from: Blazor post_id=490185 time=1672931020 user_id=2221
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=490180 time=1672923894 user_id=61

I know it sounds very disturbing and I hate to say this to you brother but you're just being dangerously naive.  You need to understand if someone is pointing a gun at you, in order to preserve yourself or life, you must be prepared to do something, even if it means shooting down a women or children, else criminal organizations might just hire children as hitman and get your own police force murdered very quickly.

In your first paragraph, you are basically saying, that if some fool runs onto your property with an assault rifle, in order to protect themselves, and preserve their life, they should shoot the officer that is about to gun them down? Thats what it sounds like, cause that shit works both ways.

That fucking officer, from the looks in the video, ran onto the yard, with military grade weapons, and started firing. THEN he said show me your hands. Never did he say who he was, while dressed in all black, like a fucking Antifa goon.

According to you, its completely ok to "not be hesitant", and they should gun down grannies and children, with military grade weapons, without any warning. Is that what you are saying?

The 911 dispatcher even said the home owner fired into the home, not into the street, and that he was scared of someone in the home. Hello?

I think you're the naive one, if you really think our police force isnt being groomed for nefarious means. I mean fuck, they are even trained that our forefathers are terrorists! Told to stand down and let the rioters riot! But lets instead train on targets of children and grannies, with military weapons. Yeah, we know who they going for. Its Patriots, not real terrorists.

You also say they are the real risk takers and victims, the most vulnerable. As a former Pizza delivery driver, I will say that Pizza delivery, is right under police officer, as far as profession with the most risk. This is fact. So we should be training pizza delivery drivers now, with military grade weapons, shooting at targets of children? Since they are at risk?

Also, in case you didnt know, Im a former Police Cadet. I left, because most of the cops were assholes, with an attitude problem, and couldnt wait to "punish" some motherfucker. Also because I didnt feel like some laws should be laws, and I didnt want to enforce them. Have you ever joined a police force?

Sorry brother, I don't mean any offense despite my tone I always sound like this <<<I blame it on my meds and disorder>>>.  In regards to your logic you're just making it more complex when it's very and "must" be very straight forward <<<else this will get a lot of police killed at the scene>>>, I know under protocol the police have to take down the suspect as long as they have a strong believe that people's lives are at risk.  Singh was firing into his house, the cops don't know who was he shooting at due to there was very little information when the police arrived <<<he could have been drunk or just mad trying to kill his family, etc>>>.  You need to understand it's very easy to judge and analysis when we're sitting in front of our computers calmly watching/reading the whole news report with all the time we have but for the 2 officer's perspective they just saw gun shots being fired by someone upon arrival, hence why they have to stop the threat before someone gets killed.

What happened was extremely unfortunate, I might not sound like it but I really feel bad for Singh every time I think about him, but at the same time you need to understand and look it at the police perspective; When you see someone shooting with a big gun and hear gun shots, the police will definitely be very concerned, you don't have the time analysis or even think, you must "act" before someone gets killed based on the situation.  Prowler thinks the police should look go look for safe cover, the problem is the suspect have already fired his gun, people can be killed any second and there's no time to lose <<<again the police are the first to arrive at the scene and don't know the whole story>>>, if innocents gets killed the public will blame the police for why they didn't take down the suspect, either way the cops are screwed by the news media.  Even if the police have cover and traded fire with Singh <<<wouldn't be the case after understanding from the whole news report but again you need to understand based on what the situation looks like - the suspect gave the impression he could be a intentional killer>>>, again this is a residential neighborhood with people living in it, if someone gets shot in the cross fire the police will be blamed again.  Basically the cops have no choice but to take down the suspect.  

Again why didn't the police shouted "POLICE, DROP YOUR WEAPONS", again the situation was already very tense based what ever clues or information the police have and shots were already fired at the scene, the police "must" take action, nothing else matters much based upon the scenario.  Maybe the police have some kind of PTSD or was concern the suspect was a cop hater and wanted to start a gun fight or something else, the possibilities/risk are just endless.

This is what I have to say, in regards to how we view the police force in general or politically is another story.

In regards to your questions, I have never joined the police force, I only worked as a admin staff and struggle with my disorder and started my own business as a DTG technician.  Though my 2nd brother does have something related, like you he practice some kind of kungfu along with judo, then worked as a security guard at some mall/factory, joined the army at the legal age, then he got a diploma in law enforcement, a degree in criminal psychology, a master in security management, became a school teacher and started another degree in public admin but dropped out, then worked as a news reporter/journalist for 2 companies, then got a MBA, and took 5 courses, one about political science, military history, and can't remember the rest as it's it's too much to remember.  After he joined a non-profit Christian organization promoting some kind of mental/social health program, then he worked for my dad's company, and came back to Canada to work for a federal post as a correctional officer in a maximum security prison, then when back in HK he become a landlord, now he's applying for some kind of federal post something related to political ties and military strategic analysis/advisor.

Blazor

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=490192 time=1672934492 user_id=61

Sorry brother, I don't mean any offense despite my tone I always sound like this <<<I blame it on my meds and disorder>>>.  In regards to your logic you're just making it more complex when it's very and "must" be very straight forward <<<else this will get a lot of police killed at the scene>>>, I know under protocol the police have to take down the suspect as long as they have a strong believe that people's lives are at risk.  Singh was firing into his house, the cops don't know who was he shooting at due to there was very little information when the police arrived <<<he could have been drunk or just mad trying to kill his family, etc>>>.  You need to understand it's very easy to judge and analysis when we're sitting in front of our computers calmly watching/reading the whole news report with all the time we have but for the 2 officer's perspective they just saw gun shots being fired by someone upon arrival, hence why they have to stop the threat before someone gets killed.

What happened was extremely unfortunate, I might not sound like it but I really feel bad for Singh every time I think about him, but at the same time you need to understand and look it at the police perspective; When you see someone shooting with a big gun and hear gun shots, the police will definitely be very concerned, you don't have the time analysis or even think, you must "act" before someone gets killed based on the situation.  Prowler thinks the police should look go look for safe cover, the problem is the suspect have already fired his gun, people can be killed any second and there's no time to lose <<<again the police are the first to arrive at the scene and don't know the whole story>>>, if innocents gets killed the public will blame the police for why they didn't take down the suspect, either way the cops are screwed by the news media.  Even if the police have cover and traded fire with Singh <<<wouldn't be the case after understanding from the whole news report but again you need to understand based on what the situation looks like - the suspect gave the impression he could be a intentional killer>>>, again this is a residential neighborhood with people living in it, if someone gets shot in the cross fire the police will be blamed again.  Basically the cops have no choice but to take down the suspect.  

Again why didn't the police shouted "POLICE, DROP YOUR WEAPONS", again the situation was already very tense based what ever clues or information the police have and shots were already fired at the scene, the police "must" take action, nothing else matters much based upon the scenario.  Maybe the police have some kind of PTSD or was concern the suspect was a cop hater and wanted to start a gun fight or something else, the possibilities/risk are just endless.

This is what I have to say, in regards to how we view the police force in general or politically is another story.

In regards to your questions, I have never joined the police force, I only worked as a admin staff and struggle with my disorder and started my own business as a DTG technician.  Though my 2nd brother does have something related, like you he practice some kind of kungfu along with judo, then worked as a security guard at some mall/factory, joined the army at the legal age, then he got a diploma in law enforcement, a degree in criminal psychology, a master in security management, became a school teacher and started another degree in public admin but dropped out, then worked as a news reporter/journalist for 2 companies, then got a MBA, and took 5 courses, one about political science, military history, and can't remember the rest as it's it's too much to remember.  After he joined a non-profit Christian organization promoting some kind of mental/social health program, then he worked for my dad's company, and came back to Canada to work for a federal post as a correctional officer in a maximum security prison, then when back in HK he become a landlord, now he's applying for some kind of federal post something related to political ties and military strategic analysis/advisor.

I "understand" what you're saying. But I still think the officer had a moment to announce he was law enforcement, which is procedure I would think. Its not like the officer was out hunting deer, he coulda said something.

This "no hesitation" bullshit is an abomination to innocents who could be targeted, like this guy. Nor do I approve of military grade stuff in the hands of law enforcement. If military is needed, send in the military.

Now, with all that said, I'll even critique the home owner. He had no business firing his weapon at something he couldnt even see. One should always know ones target, AND whats behind it.

Zetsu

Quote from: Blazor post_id=490207 time=1672963138 user_id=2221
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=490192 time=1672934492 user_id=61

I "understand" what you're saying. But I still think the officer had a moment to announce he was law enforcement, which is procedure I would think. Its not like the officer was out hunting deer, he coulda said something.

This "no hesitation" bullshit is an abomination to innocents who could be targeted, like this guy. Nor do I approve of military grade stuff in the hands of law enforcement. If military is needed, send in the military.

Now, with all that said, I'll even critique the home owner. He had no business firing his weapon at something he couldnt even see. One should always know ones target, AND whats behind it.

I do agree with you and Kiebs on the part the cops should have told Singh who they where, which would have prevented his death.  I assume this whole incident lies in a very very grey area, we don't know what was going in the officer's mind at that moment or what was Singh doing <<<since the cop's body cam blocked the view of Singh", too much to assume with what we know.

Herman

I almost forgot about the incident that this thread is about.

TheProwler

As a former Pizza delivery driver, I will say that Pizza delivery, is right under police officer, as far as profession with the most risk.

Not according to this publication which based their research on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries.

Delivery drivers are #7 in most dangerous jobs.

Police officers are way down the list at #22.

https://www.ishn.com/articles/112748-top-25-most-dangerous-jobs-in-the-united-states">https://www.ishn.com/articles/112748-to ... ted-states">https://www.ishn.com/articles/112748-top-25-most-dangerous-jobs-in-the-united-states

TheProwler

He had no business firing his weapon at something he couldnt even see. One should always know ones target, AND whats behind it.

My wife and I were driving down a dirt road in Buttfuck Nowhere in New Brunswick and we saw a road sign that said Look Before You Shoot.

I turned to my wife and said "Who the fuck does not look before he shoots?"

Odinson

Its because a lot of hunters shoot anything that moves...

Its not like there are bloodthirsty bokoos in the woods.

You can wait until you are absolutely sure its a deer and not Blazor.

Frood

Quote from: TheProwler post_id=490235 time=1672987159 user_id=3379
He had no business firing his weapon at something he couldnt even see. One should always know ones target, AND whats behind it.

My wife and I were driving down a dirt road in Buttfuck Nowhere in New Brunswick and we saw a road sign that said Look Before You Shoot.

We had to bullets go through our house growing up in the boonie years... one through the upper part of my bedroom wall. We never heard it though. Just saw it.

It was roughly .22 LR sized, but .22 LR gets good range.

People in a fully nearby wooded range obviously were shooting for shits and giggles or someone was shooting at a squirrel. These bullets managed to get a clear path through hundreds and hundreds of trees and still have enough punch to get through cedar siding, insulation, and drywall.

It happens.
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Many Brides and Grooms die at weddings when guests start shooting bullets at the celebration dinners in Muslim countries... I once posted a news article about it on my MSN groups.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Blazor

Quote from: TheProwler post_id=490234 time=1672986794 user_id=3379
As a former Pizza delivery driver, I will say that Pizza delivery, is right under police officer, as far as profession with the most risk.

Not according to this publication which based their research on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries.

Delivery drivers are #7 in most dangerous jobs.

Police officers are way down the list at #22.

https://www.ishn.com/articles/112748-top-25-most-dangerous-jobs-in-the-united-states">https://www.ishn.com/articles/112748-to ... ted-states">https://www.ishn.com/articles/112748-top-25-most-dangerous-jobs-in-the-united-states

Interesting!!! Must be updated lol.

The statistic I saw was prolly 20-25 years ago. I "think" police officer was #2 at the time, and pizza driver was #3. BUT, I believe it was based on "being attacked", vs being actual "dangerous".

Blazor

Exactly lol.

I took a Hunter/Gun Safety course, my Son took the same. Though, I taught him as well. I think its a great idea for all gun owners to of taken that course. Too many fuckers out here that think "oh I got a gun, Im safe", NO you dumb shit, ya gotta KNOW what the fuck your doing with the thing first! hahaha