News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

ThatSingerReactions - Do Americans know him?

Started by caskur, January 10, 2023, 05:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

caskur

I have been showing the black dude Hey Hey It's Saturday where John Farnham meets Tom Jones for the first time and Tom recognizes a perfect peer in John.... the expression on Tom's face is classic.

">
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Oh dear... the comment about guy sabastian is pathetic...

I never liked his stuff on Australian Idol I liked the other guy Shannon Noll... but guy was only 16 and sang like stoopid blind man Stevie Wonder and since then has proved himself a force of nature.... so either watch him 2 decades on or be considered a total dinosaur stuck in a time warp...

BTW... dinosaur stuck in a time warp, guy perfected his runs and doesn't over do them but unless you are a singer yourself, which I highly doubt, you are talking out of your ring!!!
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: caskur post_id=490737 time=1673459801 user_id=2156

I never liked his stuff on Australian Idol I liked the other guy Shannon Noll... but guy was only 16 and sang like stoopid blind man Stevie Wonder and since then has proved himself a force of nature.... so either watch him 2 decades on or be considered a total dinosaur stuck in a time warp...

BTW... dinosaur stuck in a time warp, guy perfected his runs and doesn't over do them but unless you are a singer yourself, which I highly doubt, you are talking out of your ring!!!

Well I don't got Molly Meldrum's dick stuck up mine, my hoop is free to express itself unimpeded. Be that as it may, I note there exists no challenge to my earlier assertion the wog got his start doing karaoke, nor the supposition that he performed sexual favours to get himself noticed.

Singing like a turkey the week before Thanksgiving... gobble-gobble... heh.  ac_biggrin

caskur

Quote from: Guest post_id=490738 time=1673461813
Quote from: caskur post_id=490737 time=1673459801 user_id=2156

Well I don't got Molly Meldrum's dick stuck up mine, my hoop is free to express itself unimpeded. Be that as it may, I note there exists no challenge to my earlier assertion the wog got his start doing karaoke, nor the supposition that he performed sexual favours to get himself noticed.

Singing like a turkey the week before Thanksgiving... gobble-gobble... heh.  ac_biggrin

Guy Sabastian is a SONG WRITER ya mong. A GIFTED ONE..  listen to the video I put up in the 1ST POST.

UGH THESE PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL!!!!
- Andy Warhol

caskur

BTW..   Guy is PART MALAYSIAN..  NOT a wog.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

SoulBro.....

Here you go... Sheldon an Asian Australian singing an original song at Eurovision...

">

And another Asian Australian Guy Sabastian sing his own original song...

">
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: caskur post_id=490838 time=1673505000 user_id=2156
SoulBro.....

Here you go... Sheldon an Asian Australian singing an original song at Eurovision...

">

">

Hate to break it to you little cupcake, but your woggy friend barely rates a mention out in the US. Only that second thing you posted ever cracked the Billboard Hot 100, and its highest charting position was a measly #71. Your other YouTube linkee doesn't even play here, thanks to whatever licensing deal the karaoke giant signed with his record company. No wonder barely anyone gets his name right, let alone hums along whenever he gets to raping random microphones with that goofy noise you call singing.

One minor hit... and that might be something to lighten your spirits until you realize The Little River Band managed a dozen top 40 hits over a similar period, nine of which featured Glenn Shorrock at the helm, the balance featuring John Farnham. Only one of the latter still gets an airing (and on oldies radios at that) because the US likes Glenn's voice better.

Your problem is you simply don't have your finger on the pulse of what constitutes a hit in the mighty US market. Neither does Guy, which is why he barely warrants a footnote. Even that lanky streak of pelican shit Peter Garrett strikes more of a chord than the names you've mentioned, and he was a bald bastard with dance moves reminiscent of an epileptic with 120 volts up his leg.

Eurovision? Meh, people only remember that anachronism for breaking ABBA to the world fifty years ago. These days it might mean something to homos and fishwives and that's fine if that's the market Guy is chasing. Probably trying to recapture the giddy glee of Molly's gnarled erection basting his bronchial baby-gravy receptacle anyway. There's no sense in you losing your shit over it; Guy Sebastian simply isn't the drawcard you want him to be in a more cultured and discerning nation of music lovers.

DKG

SoulBro.....

">

">

That is good caskur. :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani: But, I'll let you in on a little secret. I do not know any Asian pop stars. I speak Korean at a beginner level. English is the only language I am fluent in.

Breakfall

SoulBro.....

">

">

Fuck I can't handle Guy Sebastian. He's a complete fagott with a token wife. He is why queers should never sing and pretend to be real men.Look what happed to both Elton John and George Michael! He needs to come out of the closet and give up music for all eternity.

caskur

I am a big fan of Sheldon and I think he is most likely  gay..  he is on the spectrum apparently but that song he sang at Eurovision he wrote... I think he smashed it out of the ball park.

My husband and sister are fans of Guy... he is a musical genius.... look, when it comes to musical artistry I don't care what they root..  it's their artistry I fall in love with.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Lol... fuck the US market..that is funny...

The US MARKET   .... I have to pick myself off the floor I am laughing so much...

Helen Reddy was rejected and rejected and then wrote "l Am Woman," and became the biggest star in the USA..

Everyone knows America has no taste in music.. geezus.   Those days where people have to make it in America have long gone.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: caskur post_id=490913 time=1673538913 user_id=2156
Lol... fuck the US market..that is funny...

The US MARKET   .... I have to pick myself off the floor I am laughing so much...

Mmhmm.

Quote from: caskur post_id=490646 time=1673345585 user_id=2156
Who is this guy Americans?

I've been laughing at you since the creation of this thread.  ac_biggrin

Quote from: caskur post_id=490913 time=1673538913 user_id=2156
Helen Reddy was rejected and rejected and then wrote "l Am Woman," and became the biggest star in the USA..

Well Flo and Eddie got a few laughs when they lumped her in with bands like Osibisa... dunno if that qualifies her for "biggest star" status. Interestingly enough, her second US single "I Don't Know How To Love Him" was a song she hated, as did Linda Rondstadt who had previously refused to record it outright. Reddy only consented to record it as a B side, Capitol ignored her wishes and America who "has no taste in music" sent it to #12. She'd go on to have two more top 40 hits before releasing "I Am Woman".

A pop music historian you ain't.  :laugh:

caskur

I think we are talking about two different things....the first post is really the key. As per usual you are derailing the topic and taking my topic into another area....

I am talking about voices.... the actual voice box and the people I name, voice boxes need no band or intrument. Their voice alone is the instrument,.... you know like Tom Jones, Elvis, Barbra Streisand Engelbert, Jonathon Antoine, Karise Eden,  John Farnham, Maria McKee, Colleen Hewett, Pavarotti, Michael Crawford, Sheldon Riley,.... Whitney...  Johnny  Cash, Dolores O'Riordan

we need good song writers,...

ThatSingerReactions.... why can't you be enthusiatic like him instead of speaking drivel about making it in America.... fuck America... the fact that rap is still a thing there shows how they lost their taste in music..... ffs

Hail Judith Durham...

">
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: caskur post_id=490946 time=1673559469 user_id=2156
I think we are talking about two different things....the first post is really the key. As per usual you are derailing the topic and taking my topic into another area....

Oh, well if we are talking thread topics, then no... Americans assuredly do NOT know ThatSingerReactions.

Happy? Shall we return to your attempts to derail the topic? You've scarcely dealt with the topic title from your opening post on forward... and yet somehow you think my efforts at following your example is worthy of shedding salt over? Hahahahah!  ac_toofunny

Quote from: caskur post_id=490946 time=1673559469 user_id=2156 I am talking about voices....

As am I.

Quote from: caskur post_id=490946 time=1673559469 user_id=2156the actual voice box and the people I name, voice boxes need no band or intrument.

They do if they expect to put bums on seats in arenas. Ain't nobody going to pay $200 for one of Johnny Farnham's endless farewell tours if it's just going to be him alone on an empty stage. You at least need a panel headed by Kyle Sandilands to criticize the crap out of him.

we need good song writers,...

Oh, I'm sure they exist, they just aren't radio friendly so you probably aren't familiar with them.

Quote from: caskur post_id=490946 time=1673559469 user_id=2156ThatSingerReactions.... why can't you be enthusiatic like him

Because I prefer honesty to ass kissing. There's nothing Guy Sebastian does that cannot be accomplished by anyone who can carry a tune in a wheelbarrow, provided they also enjoyed the weight of media favour and industry promotion that he did. Oh, and access to a set of shearers clippers too; that afro he was rocking was just plain laughable.

Quote from: caskur post_id=490946 time=1673559469 user_id=2156making it in America.... fuck America... the fact that rap is still a thing there shows how they lost their taste in music.....

:MG_216:

Rap? Dear god, you bring up Rap in the same post as you lauding a bunch of forgotten boomer names barely anyone remembers (if they knew them in the first place)? Heheheheh, you're funny, I like you.  ac_lmfao

Hail Judith Durham...

Judith? The only noises she's making nowadays are the occasional flatulent duets with her husband in Wingvale Cemetary. Her carnival is over, though if you hurry, you might get a chance to hear her fart her last opus.

caskur

Pfft.... you don't even know some of the names I mentioned. Who are you trying kid?
- Andy Warhol

Print
User actions