The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Interested?

Started by Melson Gibson, May 25, 2023, 02:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

kiebers

I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Herman

Quote from: kiebers post_id=501916 time=1685149731 user_id=193
Nice pics Mel. Keep them up.

Yep, good pictures.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=501851 time=1685112075 user_id=3374
Do you own your own equipment, rent them, or does it belong to an employer?

I own just the dump truck, and rent or lease nothing so far, but I suppose I could if the job called for it and made it worthwhile.

All of the other equipment I'd currently ever be running is either owned or leased by the gravel pit or customer.  It's not common for things to run this way in bigger cities, but here it's not uncommon for the supplier and customer to work out a deal for material, and it's cheaper to pay me my truck rate (all billed by the hour) to run the machines, than it is to bring in a loader operator who'd spend literally 1 hour loading in a 10 hour day.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: kiebers post_id=501916 time=1685149731 user_id=193
Nice pics Mel. Keep them up.

Quote from: Herman post_id=501918 time=1685150024 user_id=3396
Yep, good pictures.

Thanks!  

There's some really neat places around here, where I wished I had taken some pics of...  I'm not a fan of posting everything online, but the one dude that built a driveway to his new house that was so steep my truck could barely make it up in the dry SUMMER weather due to traction issues, is going to have fun with that in the winter!  Things like that are fun to share...

I suppose I take the natural geography of BC for granted at times, since I was born and raised here and it's what I'm used to, but many others are not.  It can be a breathtakingly beautiful place if in the right area at the right time.

Below is my front yard.  To me, it's really nothing special to see, but everything special to actually own.  Granted, some work is required to live with this, make no mistake, but I have to remind myself that I'm lucky to be where I am.

This region, for the small town feel it has, has actually quite a bit of history.  Tesla himself actually installed the Sandon powerplant, which is still running to this very day!

Mein Berghof:

https://i.ibb.co/5MQJzN4/Capture99.png">

DKG

Does Eastern BC have a lot of active wildfires? I know one part of the province has many wildfires.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=501947 time=1685170147 user_id=3397

Man that is green.

I sure miss Canadian summers. Nothing like them in the world.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Herman

Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=501968 time=1685190394 user_id=3409
Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=501947 time=1685170147 user_id=3397

Man that is green.

It depends where in Canada. Nothing special about our summers on the prairies. It can get hot, but it is usually windy even in the summer.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: Herman post_id=502005 time=1685234559 user_id=3396

Man that is green.

It depends where in Canada. Nothing special about our summers on the prairies. It can get hot, but it is usually windy even in the summer.

I can deal with the weather. What really struck me was the quality of light. Something about it that I can't put my finger on, but it seems to being the landscape alive more so than other places I've been.

I wish I'd taken the time to check out the prairies.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Herman

Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=502010 time=1685234959 user_id=3409
Quote from: Herman post_id=502005 time=1685234559 user_id=3396

I can deal with the weather. What really struck me was the quality of light. Something about it that I can't put my finger on, but it seems to being the landscape alive more so than other places I've been.

I wish I'd taken the time to check out the prairies.

The sun comes up at 5 am and goes down at nine pm at this time of year where I live.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Better than having it rise in March and set in September I'd imagine.

- Biggie Smiles

Odinson

Its light outside 24/7 now.

I have curtains that completely darken the bedroom.

Adolf Oliver Bush

- Biggie Smiles

Melson Gibson

Quote from: DKG post_id=501952 time=1685178589 user_id=3390
Is Eastern BC have a lot of active wildfires? I know one part of the province has many wildfires.

No.  Not here at least.  We were having wicked thunderstorms for the last couple of weeks or so on-and-off, but luckily that lightning was accompanied by heavy rainfall also, so no issues.

Melson Gibson

Man that is green.

I think it's a Pacific Northwest thing.  When shit grows here, it REALLY grows.  Moderate temps combined with just enough rainfall to keep things green, without needing much human intervention.

Years ago I used to truck through the Southwestern US States, and the first time I witnessed the absolute desolate desert was quite shocking to me.  We're talking Mojave and such...  I couldn't believe people even lived there, but they do.  It was a beautiful thing to experience, trucking all throughout Cali, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, but you couldn't pay me enough to reside in that desolate wasteland.

DKG

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=502041 time=1685254505 user_id=3397
Quote from: DKG post_id=501952 time=1685178589 user_id=3390
Does Eastern BC have a lot of active wildfires? I know one part of the province has many wildfires.

No.  Not here at least.  We were having wicked thunderstorms for the last couple of weeks or so on-and-off, but luckily that lightning was accompanied by heavy rainfall also, so no issues.

I saw it on CTV Barrie. They named the town where one of the fires was close to, but I can't remember it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview