Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Merry or Sad Christmas

Started by Annie, December 21, 2014, 01:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

A few years back I bought our son a remote control helicopter. The next day his best friend came over and promptly got it stuck and broken under the bed, so no more remote control anything.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Our kids still have they're wii, playstation consoles and a few games they regularly play with they're friends. The old Nintendo is the favorite with the old Mario games, they never get bored with it. Oh and Pokemon Stadium, they've been playing that game for the last 15 years at least! lol

Grown men who are still gamers? Once in a while is OK, but as their main hobby?? No way.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"A few years back I bought our son a remote control helicopter. The next day his best friend came over and promptly got it stuck and broken under the bed, so no more remote control anything.

My son is not allowed to take out the remote control plane without his father's supervision..

There is a flying club in my city that I want them to join..

The new plane I bought them is more sophisticated than the one they had..

They both enjoy flying very much.

Annie

Haha it's funny when his buddies come over, they have a few beers and play Nintendo. They're all 22 and up but act like little boys, it's super funny.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Haha it's funny when his buddies come over, they have a few beers and play Nintendo. They're all 22 and up but act like little boys, it's super funny.

I have never seen that Annie, but it sounds like it would be a spectacle to see.

ac_biggrin

RW

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Thanks for being honest. That is what I was doing also.

I know words are easy to type, but I think you know that I mean it when I say  ... I'm sorry for your pain and guilt

I did not know about what I think you likely wisely chose to remove but I am so glad it worked out the way it did.

QuoteI wish I could give you a big hug
You just did!!!

One back for you. You are very special.

This means a lot to me cc.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

^You home yet RW? Shopping all done?

RW

Yes!  I made it home late last night and I am sooooo glad to have slept in my own damn bed after 3 attempts to get home and a city detour.  

My shopping is almost all done but not quite.  I need to finish with some stocking stuffers.  I was hoping to make my daughter a dress but I don't have time now.  I also have to get ready for our Christmas eve appie party we host every year and Christmas turkey dinner.  As soon as my helper gets here, I am off to the races :)

How about you?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Yes!  I made it home late last night and I am sooooo glad to have slept in my own damn bed after 3 attempts to get home and a city detour.  

My shopping is almost all done but not quite.  I need to finish with some stocking stuffers.  I was hoping to make my daughter a dress but I don't have time now.  I also have to get ready for our Christmas eve appie party we host every year and Christmas turkey dinner.  As soon as my helper gets here, I am off to the races :)

How about you?

Mommy ordered in some dim sum for tomorrow. We'll pick it up cold and steam it ourselves. My husband likes those appies too, but we wanted something different this year.

RW

I made wontons last week for the first time.  What a pain in the ass!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I made wontons last week for the first time.  What a pain in the ass!

I have seen the time Mommy puts into making spring rolls. No thank you....unless someone else is making them.

@realAzhyaAryola

Among recent items I've made are duck and Brussels sprouts. I'm looking for Turkish figs. I have a renewed interest in Yukon gold potatoes. They are truly yummy as they roast in the same pan as the duck. I'm not usually into potatoes but these were yummy. Always use a pan rack when roasting duck.

Merry Christmas everyone!
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Among recent items I've made are duck and Brussels sprouts. I'm looking for Turkish figs. I have a renewed interest in Yukon gold potatoes. They are truly yummy as they roast in the same pan as the duck. I'm not usually into potatoes but these were yummy. Always use a pan rack when roasting duck.

Merry Christmas to you as well Azhya Aryola and thank you for the tips.

ac_smile

Annie

Glad you made it home safely, RW  Merry Christmas!  ac_drinks

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Among recent items I've made are duck and Brussels sprouts. I'm looking for Turkish figs. I have a renewed interest in Yukon gold potatoes. They are truly yummy as they roast in the same pan as the duck. I'm not usually into potatoes but these were yummy. Always use a pan rack when roasting duck.

How do Turkish figs figure into the meal?