The best topic

Replies: 10482
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 28, 2024, 10:21:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Fashionista"We're having hot turkey sandwiches with gravy for supper.

That sounds good. We did leave our turkey on the pit about an hour too long because the breast was just a tad dry but between the rub and smoke, overall it was very tasty. It looks kind of black but it is not burned, it is the smoke.

https://i.imgur.com/TtIYA99.jpg?1">

It looks like you left it in the oven. But, I would like it. I like anything smoked.

Anonymous

Did you have lots of delicious food Seoul?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Did you have lots of delicious food Seoul?

My mom had enough Western and Korean food to feed an army. Both of my sisters were there and they brought food too.  My mom sent us home with lots of food. I left it in the trunk of my Jetta to keep it cold while we were at my girlfriend's parents.  And  they  sent us home with food too.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Fashionista"We're having hot turkey sandwiches with gravy for supper.

That sounds good. We did leave our turkey on the pit about an hour too long because the breast was just a tad dry but between the rub and smoke, overall it was very tasty. It looks kind of black but it is not burned, it is the smoke.

https://i.imgur.com/TtIYA99.jpg?1">

I saw smoked turkeys when I went shopping on the weekend. But, they were just a light brown colour. I have a feeling they didn't smoke their buzzards as long as you did.

I bet you can really taste the smoke flavour in that bird?

Anonymous

If kiebers lived in the same city as me I'd buy a turkey and ask him to smoke it for me..

What a treat that would be.

kiebers

The pecan smoke flavor really did stand out and was so good. Next time we will not do it quite as long but I think it will still be almost black. My dad smoked some chickens that were still super moist and fell off the bone after 24 hours using green pecan. That is where my love of pecan wood for smoking came from.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"The pecan smoke flavor really did stand out and was so good. Next time we will not do it quite as long but I think it will still be almost black. My dad smoked some chickens that were still super moist and fell off the bone after 24 hours using green pecan. That is where my love of pecan wood for smoking came from.

Sounds mouth watering.

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"The pecan smoke flavor really did stand out and was so good. Next time we will not do it quite as long but I think it will still be almost black. My dad smoked some chickens that were still super moist and fell off the bone after 24 hours using green pecan. That is where my love of pecan wood for smoking came from.

Pecan wood, interesting! Does look real good lol.

There wasnt many leftovers to take home this round, so I had soup and toasted cheese last night since it was so cold out. Having a few leftovers for lunch and dinner today though.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

kiebers

We still have half a turkey yet to finish. Tonight will be our usual Mexican and Margarita night. I really like pecan wood more than hickory or mesquite. Green wood is even better than the dried wood we used. She also added a couple of small pieces of the turkey skin to the fresh green beans and it was definitely something that we will do again. Gave them a nice pecan smoky taste. If you ever see pecan wood chunks for sale definitely try them out. We did soak it in water over night. I think we have enough left to do a brisket and I see that happening very soon.

Oh and we got the wood from Kroger.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"We still have half a turkey yet to finish. Tonight will be our usual Mexican and Margarita night. I really like pecan wood more than hickory or mesquite. Green wood is even better than the dried wood we used. She also added a couple of small pieces of the turkey skin to the fresh green beans and it was definitely something that we will do again. Gave them a nice pecan smoky taste. If you ever see pecan wood chunks for sale definitely try them out. We did soak it in water over night. I think we have enough left to do a brisket and I see that happening very soon.

Oh ok cool! I like hickory better than mesquite, never had the pecan though. I'll look for it lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"We still have half a turkey yet to finish. Tonight will be our usual Mexican and Margarita night. I really like pecan wood more than hickory or mesquite. Green wood is even better than the dried wood we used. She also added a couple of small pieces of the turkey skin to the fresh green beans and it was definitely something that we will do again. Gave them a nice pecan smoky taste. If you ever see pecan wood chunks for sale definitely try them out. We did soak it in water over night. I think we have enough left to do a brisket and I see that happening very soon.

I've never heard of pecan wood.

ac_blush

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

Pecan wood, interesting! Does look real good lol.

There wasnt many leftovers to take home this round, so I had soup and toasted cheese last night since it was so cold out. Having a few leftovers for lunch and dinner today though.

You had people over or you went out on Christmas day Blazor?

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Went to my gf's parents place for a breakfast feast, then my in-laws place for Christmas dinner. The french toast casserole was awesome, I want more!!! lol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

Went to my gf's parents place for a breakfast feast, then my in-laws place for Christmas dinner. The french toast casserole was awesome, I want more!!! lol

Sounds sweet.

kiebers

I've never heard of pecan wood.

ac_blush

It is in the hickory family and is a hardwood. The trees can get really big. There are a lot of them along rivers and smaller waterways. They are also being cultivated in areas that normally would not have them. This is a map of the natural areas they are found in.

">

Of course the "fruit" is widely known. I have family in Oklahoma that commercially raises them. They have tractors with arms that grab and shake the trees to get the pecans to fall.