The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Hola from Mexico

Started by ghost, March 08, 2015, 09:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Gary Oak

Quote from: "ghost"Wow, just logged on and found a Merry Christmas message from Fash. Has it been that long???

Hola!

A few weeks ago I packed up the cat and dog and moved to Playa Del Carmen. Best thing about my job, I can go anywhere to work. Got myself a cute little Mexican apartment a few blocks from the beach for $700 Canadian. Includes all utilities, including air conditioning.

Amazing how much more that would cost in Vancouver. Sigh. Viva Mexico!

And Romero, pick up your damn phone. That weird number is me calling you on Skype!

If you go out on the beach Greenpeace will drag you back out to sea. The beach is a relaxing place to read the epic illustrious Tartan Dragon. ac_drinks  ac_cool  ac_drinks

Renee

Quote from: "Gary Oak"
Quote from: "ghost"Wow, just logged on and found a Merry Christmas message from Fash. Has it been that long???

Hola!

A few weeks ago I packed up the cat and dog and moved to Playa Del Carmen. Best thing about my job, I can go anywhere to work. Got myself a cute little Mexican apartment a few blocks from the beach for $700 Canadian. Includes all utilities, including air conditioning.

And Romero, pick up your damn phone. That weird number is me calling you on Skype!

If you go out on the beach Greenpeace will drag you back out to sea. The beach is a relaxing place to read the epic illustrious Tartan Dragon. ac_drinks  ac_cool  ac_drinks

Weak as shit, Gary. Everyone knows that all they have to do is keep me wet and I'll be fine. ac_biggrin

BTW, reading the Tartan Drag Queen on a beach would be dangerous. That turd of a book would put anyone to sleep ac_boring and they could wake up with a severe sunburn.  ac_crying
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

FFS Oak, get some new material. You are as repetitive as hornung. ac_doofus

Romero

Quote from: "ghost"And Romero, pick up your damn phone. That weird number is me calling you on Skype!

Oh! Ha ha, ok. It looked like a telemarketer.

Anonymous

Hola!

Hello ghost, so nice to see you here again..

ac_smile

You are so forunate and I am so happy for you..

What an amazing life you have.

Chickenfeets

Hi, Ghost. Great to see you in the neighbourhood.  ac_cool

I'm happy you found a working spot with such perks. Just, you know, don't forget to write (professionally, I mean!).  ac_biggrin

(Finished book #2, by the way... thoroughly enjoyed it.)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"Hi, Ghost. Great to see you in the neighbourhood.  ac_cool

I'm happy you found a working spot with such perks. Just, you know, don't forget to write (professionally, I mean!).  ac_biggrin

What?? I thought ghost's books were written for teen girls? ac_wot

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Chickenfeets"Hi, Ghost. Great to see you in the neighbourhood.  ac_cool

blurt doesn't care as long as it's girlie

ghost

Quote from: "Renee"

I've been to Playa Del Carmen quite a few times. In fact I have some time share there. It's beautiful and a lot quieter than Cancun. Great place to just relax and decompress.

Yeah, it's just like that. I get up early and walk my dog on the beach. Then I do some shopping. Then I relax. Walk my dog again after dinner and work in the evening. Sometimes I go for a swim.

It's pretty peaceful.

ghost

I've heard nothing but favourable reviews of Playa. It has a very large expat community too I've been told. I hope ghost gives us some advice/tips about her new home in paradise. I am definitely interested.

It's a very large expat community, which is very helpful. There's a lot of English here, and plenty of Mexicans are patient with someone like me who speaks very poor Spanish.

Getting my place was easy. My landlady speaks English. I have a couple from Russia across the hall and my downstairs neighbors are from Ottawa.

ghost

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "ghost"And Romero, pick up your damn phone. That weird number is me calling you on Skype!

Oh! Ha ha, ok. It looked like a telemarketer.

I'll call you again tonight. Pick up your damn phone! haha

ghost

I'm writing the third one as we speak. I've also got The Bodies We Wear which has been out since Sept. It's a standalone, different from the first two.

ghost

Pfft. A lot of adults read YA. I've got a very large adult following, especially in Germany of all places.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ghost"

I've been to Playa Del Carmen quite a few times. In fact I have some time share there. It's beautiful and a lot quieter than Cancun. Great place to just relax and decompress.

Yeah, it's just like that. I get up early and walk my dog on the beach. Then I do some shopping. Then I relax. Walk my dog again after dinner and work in the evening. Sometimes I go for a swim.

It's pretty peaceful.

That does it. I got to get a trip there. ac_sothere

Anonymous

Quote from: "ghost"

It's pretty peaceful.

Will you live there permanently ghost?