The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Re: Retardation On Other Forums

Started by Obvious Li, November 12, 2012, 04:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Annie

I've decided to agree to a truce mainly for my own piece of mind and mental health. I can't get myself all worked up over a forum. It makes me shaky, my heart palpitates, I can't eat, I can't sleep, and I've got much bigger problems that need my attention right now.  I still don't agree with some things but I did agree to "put a muzzle on it" and it's the best for me to do right now or I'll go nuts lol
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

RW

bruce has never liked Leo.  I don't know exactly why but he does come across as being a bit jilted.  I really don't like how people turn on me when Leo is around but I don't give much of a fuck.

Like I've said, there is a history with him, me and Inky and it hasn't been pretty.  He's still really angry with the shit she's done so I understand it but I wish he would just ignore her and it would stop.  I figured after the last go everything was said and done but some other things came to light while he was away and I think he wanted it off his chest.

I have the benefit of knowing him better and he is benign.  The back and forth he has with you Renee is for total fun.  He laughs about the insults you throw at him which garner a lot of his respect.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Annie"I've decided to agree to a truce mainly for my own piece of mind and mental health. I can't get myself all worked up over a forum. It makes me shaky, my heart palpitates, I can't eat, I can't sleep, and I've got much bigger problems that need my attention right now.  I still don't agree with some things but I did agree to "put a muzzle on it" and it's the best for me to do right now or I'll go nuts lol

I could tell it wasn't the norm for you Annie.  I am glad you made your peace for your benefit :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Before I joined these forums, no one spoke to me the way the assholes on these forums spoke to me. I come from a respectful flock where no one swears and no one calls each other names. In the world I grew up in, no one says "fuck" or "asshole". So, for many years, that too was not the norm for me but I am not going to take that sitting down. I tolerated it for a while but not anymore. I can throw the same shit back too after all.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Annie

Oh I can dish it out too, but right now I just can't. I have to do what's best for me.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

@realAzhyaAryola

Different strokes for different folks. I'm quite alright with the way things are so carry on. Annie, you must not take home with you anything that happens on these forums. It should have no real impact on you.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Before I joined these forums, no one spoke to me the way the assholes on these forums spoke to me. I come from a respectful flock where no one swears and no one calls each other names. In the world I grew up in, no one says "fuck" or "asshole". So, for many years, that too was not the norm for me but I am not going to take that sitting down. I tolerated it for a while but not anymore. I can throw the same shit back too after all.

I have been on forums with foul language in the past Azhya, but the young men using that kind of language were barely out of adolescence..

I can understand how you choose to respond, but I feel the best way for me to respond to inappropriate conduct either in real life or online is to remove myself..

Insults only beget more insults.

@realAzhyaAryola

I'm comfortable with the way I'm handling it. I ignore but if I want to give someone a piece of my mind, I'll do it. It depends on my mood at the time. I have a full time job, a home to look after, and things to do so you will not see me on a forum fighting with people all day and all night. I simply do not have the time for that nor am I willing to spend the energy. Real life awaits and if neglected, you just cannot take that time back.
@realAzhyaAryola

Annie

Exactly Fash, and no one wins when everyone's hurt.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I'm comfortable with the way I'm handling it. I ignore but if I want to give someone a piece of my mind, I'll do it. It depends on my mood at the time. I have a full time job, a home to look after, and things to do so you will not see me on a forum fighting with people all day and all night. I simply do not have the time for that nor am I willing to spend the energy. Real life awaits and if neglected, you just cannot take that time back.

Our lives have many similarities Azhya..

Even if I had the time, I would not use it for fighting.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I've decided to agree to a truce mainly for my own piece of mind and mental health. I can't get myself all worked up over a forum. It makes me shaky, my heart palpitates, I can't eat, I can't sleep, and I've got much bigger problems that need my attention right now.  I still don't agree with some things but I did agree to "put a muzzle on it" and it's the best for me to do right now or I'll go nuts lol

Discussion boards are not worth it if they negatively affect your well being.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I like arguing with people :)

I like reasonable debate, but on VF it involves an editorial, a gif and an image. The people that remain there are not interested or are incapable of it. Mad Serb and Reel are the exceptions of course.

Renee

Quote from: "Real Woman"bruce has never liked Leo.  I don't know exactly why but he does come across as being a bit jilted.  I really don't like how people turn on me when Leo is around but I don't give much of a fuck.

Like I've said, there is a history with him, me and Inky and it hasn't been pretty.  He's still really angry with the shit she's done so I understand it but I wish he would just ignore her and it would stop.  I figured after the last go everything was said and done but some other things came to light while he was away and I think he wanted it off his chest.

I have the benefit of knowing him better and he is benign.  The back and forth he has with you Renee is for total fun.  He laughs about the insults you throw at him which garner a lot of his respect.

I know he enjoys it and frankly I'm glad I can bring a little sunshine to his life at the old folks home.  ac_biggrin

BTW, the respect is mutual. he is one of the only people on VF that can appreciate how hard I work to hang with him in the insult department. I also respect his use of language and vocabulary. No one on VF comes close to his ability to express himself in written form.

Look at me, I'm getting all gushy over that moldering, old, rat fuck.ac_wot  Luckily it's the week before my period so I'm not responsible for anything I just said.  ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

He definitely has a way with words.

I went back and dug through old posts.  It seems he wasn't the evil shit head he was made out to be in the beginning.  

Interesting stuff.
Beware of Gaslighters!