The best topic

Replies: 10413
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:03:25 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Gaybook

Started by Bricktop, June 29, 2015, 09:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

ME was a shitty OS BTW.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Dove"RW you have utterly no clue. Sorry, but you just dont.

Oh but I do.  It always pisses the bible lovers off because you can't bible best me. :)

You don't take the Bible literally.  You take it contextually.  You've already admitted it.

Now shall I embarrass you further or have you had enough for today?
I'm not pissed and you aren't embarrassing me.  You are simply very wrong, and not listening. You are confusing old covenant Judaism with new covenant Christianity.  And your complaint about the Bible is based on a very rough ancient middle eastern culture whose history was recorded.  You can take it literal, with out believing it's laws need to be adopted. I'm not embarrassed. I'm simply shrugging.

@realAzhyaAryola

You grew up a Catholic, RW, Catholics don't study the Bible as much as Protestants do. I know this because I went to Protestant church but attended Catholic school. "Churchy school" doesn't cut it. Catholics highlight what they find important features in the Bible while Protestants actually discuss the books, chapters, verses every Sunday school on Sundays and during the week at Bible Study. The bible has literal parts in it and some are parables and some are metaphors. They all carry lessons.

:2cdfr50_th:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"You grew up a Catholic, RW, Catholics don't study the Bible as much as Protestants do. I know this because I went to Protestant church but attended Catholic school. "Churchy school" doesn't cut it. Catholics highlight what they find important features in the Bible while Protestants actually discuss the books, chapters, verses every Sunday school on Sundays and during the week at Bible Study. The bible has literal parts in it and some are parables and some are metaphors. They all carry lessons.

:2cdfr50_th:

Indeed they do.  And thank you for your literary support because you are indeed right :)

I went to Canadian Catholic school.  We learned all sorts of thing in religion class which we had every day.  I spent my high school years religion hopping as well.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

You take it literally in context. Not merely contextually.  Literal and in context. Does that help?

Anonymous

My church is kinda 3 points calvanist...hard core gospel church. Aside from that I take theology.

RW

Quote from: "Dove"

Oh but I do.  It always pisses the bible lovers off because you can't bible best me. :)

You don't take the Bible literally.  You take it contextually.  You've already admitted it.

I'm not pissed and you aren't embarrassing me.  You are simply very wrong, and not listening. You are confusing old covenant Judaism with new covenant Christianity.  And your complaint about the Bible is based on a very rough ancient middle eastern culture whose history was recorded.  You can take it literal, with out believing it's laws need to be adopted. I'm not embarrassed. I'm simply shrugging.

If you take it literally, you take it at face value.  I understand the concept of ancient law and I understand the NT over the OT.  The Bible is not to be taken literally in entirety.  It has lessons that one learns through story telling in a time far before ours.  You keep the concepts, not the actual words.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Dove"You take it literally in context. Not merely contextually.  Literal and in context. Does that help?

God Dove!  Imma gonna smack you!  Hahaha

You take the message from the words and apply it to daily life, which is not taking it literally.  Some things you take literally like, "Thou shalt not kill."  You cannot take the Bible literally in our day and age.  You just can't.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

http://www.polyp.org.uk/cartoons/religion/polyp_cartoon_homophobia_religion.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"

If you take it literally, you take it at face value.  I understand the concept of ancient law and I understand the NT over the OT.  The Bible is not to be taken literally in entirety.  It has lessons that one learns through story telling in a time far before ours.  You keep the concepts, not the actual words.
 No....because Christians believe mosaic law literally happened, literally pointing towards the literal messiah who literally fulfilled the literal law by the literal shedding of His blood, thusly bringing about the literal salvation by faith for the literal entire elect world in a very literal way.  Does THAT help?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"You take it literally in context. Not merely contextually.  Literal and in context. Does that help?

God Dove!  Imma gonna smack you!  Hahaha

You take the message from the words and apply it to daily life, which is not taking it literally.  Some things you take literally like, "Thou shalt not kill."  You cannot take the Bible literally in our day and age.  You just can't.
thousands of literal Christians are literally taking itvery literal as we literally type. Just sayin. So literally that they are literally being slaughtered for being literal followers of the cross. The NT isn't over the OT. The OT paves the way for the NT. Literally.

cc

You guys realize that this long Bible Thread is not called BibleBook, eh? - it is called "Gaybook"

Just struck me as odd / a bit funny
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

The Lord works in mysterious ways lol

Anonymous

Now see here is the thing, there are indeed parables. The book of hosea was a lived out parable/prophesy of the gospel.  Chris often used parables. There are is poetry and metaphors, and a some of the mosiac law actually had a spiritual meaning, like the fibers. They literally lived by a law that was in itself a metaphor. Scripture comes in layers. When we say we take it literally, that means we firmly believe it all literally happened exactly the way scripture describes, and it's considered God breathed, by way of confluence.  You have to know what it is, something about the culture and how it's translated. The entire Bible is about Christ. The OT says "Behold, he comes", the gospel says "behold he dieds" acts says "behold he lives" the epistles say "behold he saves", and revelations ends it with "behold, He riegns".  That's what the Bible is primarily about.

RW

You just agreed with me Dove in the most convoluted way I've ever seen in my life.
Beware of Gaslighters!