The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Racism

Started by RW, July 07, 2015, 07:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I don't give a flying fuck what comes out of the sewers of ignorant assholes. Sticks and stones I say.

The kind of racism that really gets under my fucking hide is the racism of lowered expectations. You know, you coloured folks are boobs and you need us superior white liberals to give you a helping hand. Makes me fucking vomit.

RW

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "RW"Yes.  I provided examples.

You are actually one of the worst offenders around here of it to be honest.

Sorry.

I am, am I? That's a laugh. But I thought you were seriously fed up with deeming everything to be racist? Aren't you playing the race card?

Sorry, you don't get to take the experiences that many people encounter and get to decide whether it's racist or not. You don't encounter these  things, so just because it's not a big deal for you doesn't mean it's not a big deal for everyone else.

Yeah, you are.  

I'm not demeaning real racist experiences.  I'm saying if we want to fight TRUE racism, we need to stop calling every damn thing racist.  It's DIVISIVE which is harmful in the long run.

And Romero, let me tell you right now - your PC bullshit is not going to shame me into silence.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Have I ever tried to stop you from being wrong? You can say what you want, and I can say what I want. You're not trying to shut me up, are you?

RW

Quote from: "Romero"Have I ever tried to stop you from being wrong? You can say what you want, and I can say what I want. You're not trying to shut me up, are you?

I'm not wrong.  Maybe you can explain how asking someone how they manage their hair is racist or saying that someone who eats curry smells like curry.  

I'll listen.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Romero"Have I ever tried to stop you from being wrong? You can say what you want, and I can say what I want. You're not trying to shut me up, are you?

I'm not wrong.  Maybe you can explain how asking someone how they manage their hair is racist or saying that someone who eats curry smells like curry.  

I'll listen.

Anyone that says East Asians are shitty drivers is a racist, twirlybrained, nutcase crap and drooler. ac_razz

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?2,file=112227,filename=driving_while_asian.jpg">

Romero

Quote from: "RW"I'm not wrong.  Maybe you can explain how asking someone how they manage their hair is racist or saying that someone who eats curry smells like curry.  

I'll listen.

Those are poor examples since there's no context. Assuming that an Indo-Canadian smells like curry would be considered racist. Claiming Asians are bad drivers is racist. Because those insults are specifically meant to insult someone'rs race.

Can't claim "it's not racist" if it is in fact based solely on race.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I'm not wrong.  Maybe you can explain how asking someone how they manage their hair is racist or saying that someone who eats curry smells like curry.  

I'll listen.

Those are poor examples since there's no context. Assuming that an Indo-Canadian smells like curry would be considered racist. Claiming Asians are bad drivers is racist. Because those insults are specifically meant to insult someone'rs race.

I couldn't give a flying fuck if you and Green Whore Nut think it's wacist or not.

RW

I'll listen.

Context?  Wtf?  I don't think it is an unreasonable assumption to assume people who eat curry would smell like curry.  How the fuck is that racist?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Wulf

I'll listen.

You have to be able to show inherent superiority of one race over another in order for either of those examples to be racist. Saying that some smells like curry does not show superiority in any way. Saying that someone is a shitty driver does not showcase racial superiority over another. Those type of disparaging remarks are cultural attacks.

Please learn the difference.

BTW, India is considered part of Southeast Asian and since all southeast Asians do not eat or smell like curry it is not a racial criticism, it is a criticism specifically directed at Indian culture. Again, learn the difference.

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/as.htm">http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/as.htm

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wulf"
You have to be able to show inherent superiority of one race over another in order for either of those examples for them to be racist. Saying that some smells like curry does not show racial superiority in any way. Saying that someone is a shitty driver does not showcase racial superiority over another. Those type of disparaging remarks are cultural attacks.

I think East Asians are superior to whites. Especially old farts like you. :001_tongue:

Romero

Quote from: "Wulf"You have to be able to show inherent superiority of one race over another in order for either of those examples for them to be racist. Saying that some smells like curry does not show racial superiority in any way. Saying that someone is a shitty driver does not showcase racial superiority over another. Those type of disparaging remarks are cultural attacks.

A white person saying "Asians are shitty drivers" is trying to showcase racial superiority. They're saying whites are better drivers than Asians.

That kind of statement is intended to be racist, because if it wasn't why would race even be mentioned at all? It's mentioned because it's on purpose.

Wulf

Quote from: "Wulf"You have to be able to show inherent superiority of one race over another in order for either of those examples for them to be racist. Saying that some smells like curry does not show racial superiority in any way. Saying that someone is a shitty driver does not showcase racial superiority over another. Those type of disparaging remarks are cultural attacks.

A white person saying "Asians are shitty drivers" is trying to showcase racial superiority. They're saying whites are better drivers than Asians.

That kind of statement is intended to be racist, because if it wasn't why would race even be mentioned at all? It's mentioned because it's on purpose.

have you ever driven in an Asian country? They apparently have no real road rules and if they do, no one pays attention to them. To westerners their streets are absolutely chaotic. It is a cultural phenomenon and when they come here, they bring their driving habits with them.

It is not an indication that they are genetically or biologically incapable of driving safely but a criticism of their culturally specific driving habits. Race and cultural are not always the same. People like you need to learn that.

Every criticism leveled against groups of people is not based in racism. Your point of view is an exact example of what the OP was saying needs to go. You are either by choice ignorant of your actions or purposely deceptive so that you can push a leftist political agenda. Unfortunately for you, not everyone falls for your PC speak and misplaced criticisms. It is obvious that there are people on this forum a lot smarter than you and they can see through your politically correct nonsense.

Romero

Quote from: "Wulf"have you ever driven in an Asian country? They apparently have no real road rules and if they do, no one pays attention to them. To westerners their streets are absolutely chaotic. It is a cultural phenomenon and when they come here, they bring their driving habits with them.

Look at you assuming that all Asians come from Asia!

Are all Asian Canadians born in Asia? No.

Are all Asians shitty drivers? No.

Assuming that someone must be a shitty driver just because they're Asian is racist. Don't want to be called racist? Then don't be racist!

Funny how you talk of political correctness and the leftist political agenda yet you don't have the guts to call something for what it really is. Own the racism! Be proud and loud! Don't try to hide or excuse it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wulf"
have you ever driven in an Asian country? They apparently have no real road rules and if they do, no one pays attention to them. To westerners their streets are absolutely chaotic. It is a cultural phenomenon and when they come here, they bring their driving habits with them.

Depends on the Asian country. Japanese and Singaporeans follow the rules. South Korea less so and China we don't need no stinking rules.

RW

Since when was a stereotype 100% accurate?

And aren't all Asians from Asia?  Isn't that THE definition of an Asian?
Beware of Gaslighters!