The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

12C and HAIL

Started by Bricktop, July 10, 2015, 08:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

That's insane Spec!  I love that your countrymen get to enjoy a bit of the white stuff.  If it comes your way, don't drive in it!!!!!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "Wulf"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"I tried to tell you...but would you LISTEN!!!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/deannye/snow-day-down-under?bffb&utm_term=4ldqphp#.vyqOY7o2Y">http://www.buzzfeed.com/deannye/snow-da ... .vyqOY7o2Y">http://www.buzzfeed.com/deannye/snow-day-down-under?bffb&utm_term=4ldqphp#.vyqOY7o2Y

Don't freeze you wallabies off old man. I'm off to Frankfurt in the morning. I think it's like 21℃ there right now.  ac_hithere

Oh, goody for you...don't you be concerned about us dying of exposure or anything. We'll make it.

Apparently, scientists have collected some of the snow and examined it through a microscope.

It has tiny little labels on it. "Made In Canada - Dry Clean Only".

Frood

You South Australians have such thin skins.  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

2C this morning!!!

2C!!!

Think of the children!!!

Frood

-2.8 last time I checked the thermometer just outside.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

I'd still be in a t-shirt.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Quote from: "RW"I'd still be in a t-shirt.

High humidity with loads of rain too?
Blahhhhhh...

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

-2.8 in the mornings. Rain before and after it. The ground and foliage is saturated from many weeks of raining. It doesn't drop below freezing long enough to freeze the ground, so moisture is everywhere.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

That always makes it feel colder than it is because the dampness permeates everything.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"2C this morning!!!

2C!!!

Think of the children!!!

How are homes heated where you live Spectre..

Back in Taiwan it is usually hot and humid, especially in the South where my family is from..

In winter on rare occasions when it is cool at night houses can feel cold because they are not insulated in the way Canadian houses are.

Bricktop

Homes here are heated in a variety of ways.

Most only have a single heater in one living room, but others in the more expensive homes have ducted air conditioning and heating.

Some have heated floors, but these are not popular because they are too slow to bring a room up from cold.

Of course, we have our blistering summers to deal with as well. Not so much humidity, as the heat is blown from the Devil's Cauldron by northerly winds that are very, very hot but very, very dry. It makes the heat for more bearable than the tropics.

However, it means we have to contend with 2 seasons that are quite cold, then quite hot...

cc

Where are you located, mate?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Frood

Mate? I thought you said earlier that you left Oz as a child?
Blahhhhhh...