The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

American Dentist Murders then Decapitates a Popular Rare & defenseless Lion

Started by J0E, July 29, 2015, 01:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Some humans have been so domesticated that they can't fathom the concept of acquiring their own meat and therefore make up excuses to undermine those who still have some or all of their basic instincts intact.

How about rape? That's a basic instinct.

Paedophilia?

War?

Violence?

My basic instinct tells me you're an idiot.

Rape, war, the molestation of non sexually mature youth, and violence are basic instincts to you?  ac_lmfao

The desire and need to reproduce is an instinct, rape or molestation of youth are not instinctual.

Fight or flee is a basic human instinct, war or violence are meaningless in that context. They're general terms whereas fight or flee is an actual survival mechanism built into us.

I think your basic instinct is to lash out when challenged. It should just be the fight or flee instinct and nothing else, except you don't seem to flee and you relish the use of composition or words on a screen for acting out in manners not too different from war for war's sake or violence for violence's sake. That type of construct mirrors your belief that eating meat is ethical if someone else kills it in a certain manner or in certain contexts which would be fine if your opinion only applied to your behavior and you stopped short of imposing it as a wider truth.

You could simply agree to disagree with others on hunting just as you could make your case on any other forum topic and avoid your steady use of pejoratives but how would you get your jollies if there was no text wars, violence, or ideology rape. As such, you share some similarities with this American dentist discussed.

He however has a slightly stronger stomach in reality.  ac_smile
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "RW"This case was not harvesting meat though.

Miss Stiletto said hunting is disgusting and of low intellect. That's insulting to people who hunt for their meat.

No. I think its a pretty fair assessment insofar as we who live in a modern society goes.

I guess for undiscovered tribes in the heart of the Brazilian rainforest, its quite reasonable.

Perhaps those that wish to live off their own means should go live with them.

Are you saying it's healthier for us and better for animals to eat force fed animals who live a short life like sardines in a can rather than instantly kill a hormone free moose? Balderdash my friend, balderdash.

If I want you to speak on my behalf, I'll let you know.

No, that is NOT what I am saying. Firstly, I repeat, sustenance hunting is acceptable where it is necessary and essential to survive.

Secondly, I repeat, 2 wrongs don't make a right, and arguing that its more humane to kill an animal in the wild, and thus hunting is justifiable is illogical.

Fixing the farming is the solution. Not killing wild animals. On that premise, in a year, there won't BE any wild animals.

Harvesting healthy animals in the wild is wrong, but Mcmeat isn't. And you call me illogical. :crazy:

Wulf

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Another brave and fearless white hunter demonstrates his courage and prowess!!!

https://flic.kr/p/wRJ5J2">https://flic.kr/p/wRJ5J2">11416330_1005194056158717_4053445321296976500_o

Relative of yours? After all the pic is linked to your flicker account. ac_biggrin

Bricktop

Miss Stiletto said hunting is disgusting and of low intellect. That's insulting to people who hunt for their meat.

No. I think its a pretty fair assessment insofar as we who live in a modern society goes.

I guess for undiscovered tribes in the heart of the Brazilian rainforest, its quite reasonable.

Are you saying it's healthier for us and better for animals to eat force fed animals who live a short life like sardines in a can rather than instantly kill a hormone free moose? Balderdash my friend, balderdash.

No, that is NOT what I am saying. Firstly, I repeat, sustenance hunting is acceptable where it is necessary and essential to survive.

Secondly, I repeat, 2 wrongs don't make a right, and arguing that its more humane to kill an animal in the wild, and thus hunting is justifiable is illogical.

Fixing the farming is the solution. Not killing wild animals. On that premise, in a year, there won't BE any wild animals.

Harvesting healthy animals in the wild is wrong, but Mcmeat isn't. And you call me illogical. :crazy:

Would you mind pointing out where I have condoned barbaric farming practices? You keep referring to burgers as a reference point, when as far as I know American fast food burgers contain no meat.

So, by your logic, we should all go out and hunt animals, rather than sustain farming practices that are in MOST cases fair and humane, but I accept there are exceptions in battery farms (which, I might add, are being phased out in Australia as cruel and unacceptable).

How many wild animals will be left in 12 months?

Anonymous

Would you mind pointing out where I have condoned barbaric farming practices? You keep referring to burgers as a reference point, when as far as I know American fast food burgers contain no meat.

So, by your logic, we should all go out and hunt animals, rather than sustain farming practices that are in MOST cases fair and humane, but I accept there are exceptions in battery farms (which, I might add, are being phased out in Australia as cruel and unacceptable).

How many wild animals will be left in 12 months?

You don't condemn domestic livestock processing the way you do people who hunt. You leave me little choice besides the conclusion you are less bothered by it than hunting.

Bricktop

I cannot be responsible for the choices you make. This thread is clearly about the psycho's that enjoy killing animals; in this case, in the wild, and for no purpose other than to kill.

I have repeatedly said that I differentiate between this and sustenance hunting. You must have missed that bit.

I also do not automatically accept that country yokels who go forth and kill beasts in the wild for entertainment purposes (and please...don't try to jerk me off by saying they NEED to do it to survive, or that they do it to feed their families) and then store it in their freezer are any better. The fact that THEIR kill is edible does not mask their rather disturbing passion to kill. If, however, their's is a genuine need for survival, have at it. Good luck proving THAT case in a modern nation like Canada, however.

If you wish to discuss farming ethics, please...start a thread. I'm happy to demonstrate my disgust at many primary production techniques currently utilised by "farmers". I'm also happy to inform you that here in Australia, the Government is closely monitoring farming techniques that are constantly brought to its attention by animal rights movements, and has already outlawed a number of them, including the phasing out of practices that are regarded as cruel.

http://www.animalsaustralia.org/features/factory-farming-practices-banned-in-act.php">http://www.animalsaustralia.org/feature ... in-act.php">http://www.animalsaustralia.org/features/factory-farming-practices-banned-in-act.php

But, please...if you propose that yokels go out and kill as a protest against the farming practices undertaken BY THOSE VERY SAME YOKELS, you will merely highlight your own folly.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Wulf"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"Another brave and fearless white hunter demonstrates his courage and prowess!!!

https://flic.kr/p/wRJ5J2">https://flic.kr/p/wRJ5J2">11416330_1005194056158717_4053445321296976500_o

Relative of yours? After all the pic is linked to your flicker account. ac_biggrin

For some reason it wouldn't link to the Facebook article.

Fuck, if that was a relative, I'd put him on a diet post haste. Probably got real close to the lion, which mistook him for a hippo.

keeper

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola" You stay in your lane and I will stay in mine.

When you shoot animals for entertainment, or for no real purpose other than to satisfy some primal lust that should have been eradicated centuries ago, you move into MY lane.

See, those animals are mine. And yours. And everyone else's on this planet.

You keep killing them, they will disappear, or you will deny me my pleasure in seeing these animals in their own habitat.

Those animals belong to the planet, not to humanity. Sure, some must be killed in order to sustain us, and I have no beef (pun intended) with that. Our survival is imperative.

But when meat is freely available through the market system, I fail to see any reason to go into the wild with lethal firearms and slaughter them simply to make you feel more...human? That suggests that you may also feel compelled to engage in other activities undertaken by primitive humans, like rape, slavery, war, cannibalism and male dominated domestic violence. The fact the we impose our barbarity on other life forms does not excuse it.

For those who enjoy shooting and killing so much, I propose an alternative. Fence off an area of, say, 100 acres. Drop all wannabe hunters into the area with their firearms, and the last man or woman standing wins. Now, THAT would be something to be proud of.

You in, Azhya?

The reason is simple Spec, Over population. With out hunting you risk hunting areas (zones) being over run. For example if you stop allowing hunters to hunt Wolf or coyotes they become over populated and kill off ALL the deer,moose,Elk. By HUNTING them you equal out the areas.

I said this in Skype.

Edit: I should add that the Hunting laws in Alberta are very strict and well maintained.

Frood

Some people have the understanding of nature and their place in it.  Other people approach nature with white gloves such as in Spectre's case.
Blahhhhhh...

keeper

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Some people have the understanding of nature and their place in it.  Other people approach nature with white gloves such as in Spectre's case.

I have a Diploma  ac_biggrin

Bricktop

Quote from: "Keeper"
I said this in Skype..

AGH!!

Keeper, you fool!!!

Dinky is gonna freak. You're not supposed to disclose issues raised in Skype!!!

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

keeper

Quote from: "Keeper"
I said this in Skype..

AGH!!

Keeper, you fool!!!

Dinky is gonna freak. You're not supposed to disclose issues raised in Skype!!!

ac_wot oh