The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Facebook users are inconsiderate

Started by Frood, September 29, 2015, 05:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"And you miss it still...
not in the least

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Don't you ever get tired of perpetual punching bags like Dove?

Dove is nobody's punching bag, especially for some silly male troll pretending to be a female doctor and carrying the excess baggage a bizarre phobia about other people's religion.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Don't you ever get tired of perpetual punching bags like Dove?

Dove is nobody's punching bag, especially for some silly male troll pretending to be a female doctor and carrying the excess baggage a bizarre phobia about other people's religion.
 I like when people push you into defending your beliefs and cry like kicked puppies when you actually do. They always play the "bible thumping" card lol.  They want free reign to bash it, and expect you to sit there and take it. Then they tell you how to Christian. It's ridiculous.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

I like when people push you into defending your beliefs and cry like kicked puppies when you actually do. They always play the "bible thumping" card lol.  They want free reign to bash it, and expect you to sit there and take it. Then they tell you how to Christian. It's ridiculous.

DIana is a troll and needs to see a fu8cking shrink about his religion issues. He sees you and Fash under his bed at night.

RW

I played the bible thumping card.  

I think you're scared of me Dove because I can't be pawned off as easily as Dinky :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Dove"Tantrums about their relationship issues, break up issues, et.  Pictures of their kids in the bath rub. Tagging everywhere you are.

I know a few people like that...they never get any likes cause its constant.  They are their own paparazzi.  I guess it makes them feel important.

Annie

Same here, hey Berry how's it going?
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I played the bible thumping card.  

I think you're scared of me Dove because I can't be pawned off as easily as Dinky :)

Lol what?  A bit melodramatic, don't you think?  Bible thumping is when you are nagging someone using scripture.  Not when you refer to it in order to show the difference between biblical Christianity and religions with christain terminology.

reel

I read this whole thread and took particular interest in the rejection of Catholicism as a Christian faith.  

Despite her humorous inability to spell Christian, Dove makes a well reasoned and well supported argument for why she believes what she does.  It is clear that she has studied the issue and in my opinion, there are no discernible gaps in her arguments beyond complete rejection of the doctrine, at which point the argument ceases to be relevant (as per Shen's comments).  

As she says, in many ways, the Catholic church does not follow and in fact contradicts the teachings of Christ and of the Bible.  It is reasonable for someone who takes a more orthodox approach to say that this precludes them from being Christians and I see no reason why she should not be well within her rights to do so.  The Catholic church's historical role in developing and propagating the religion is undeniable and to me, it seems a bit petty to deny them as Christians, but it is justifiable.

I also learned a little bit more of the context (and frequent erroneous use) of the "Judge not lest ye be judged" phrase.

Anyway, it has been an interesting discussion.

Anonymous

My phones autocorrect feature is bat poop crazy and changes my spelling to the point where I've given up. My kids do stuff on my phone, so things happen. I find it amusing how it always capitalizes Crack. Haha.  But thank you. Matthew 7 verse 1 is the most notoriously misused verse in the bible. It's like the secular ninja move....taken out if context to justify sin or "win" and argument. But it simply doesn't mean we are to never judge.

Frood

I hate posting bigger posts on phones or tablets. I need a real keyboard.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I know....my posts are butcherd by my phone. But I hate sitting at computers

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I hate posting bigger posts on phones or tablets. I need a real keyboard.

I am the same.