The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Facebook users are inconsiderate

Started by Frood, September 29, 2015, 05:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

@realAzhyaAryola

For me, I finally joined after showing no interest in it for years. I joined because family and friends persisted for they were all there but not I. They said we'd connect and share photos, thoughts, plans and ideas. My friends, Mom, and relatives were happy to connect with me there. I suppose I was happy too, for a while. My Mom would share my posts to her friends so they can post accolades to her for what ever "clever" posts she thinks her "daughter" posted.

I liked it at first but eventually got tired of the phonies, the liars, the self righteous, and the narcissists. I finally asked myself, "What am I doing wasting my time reading these irrelevant rubbish!?" I got tired of the daily selfies of the superficial horde and reading posts by the sophomoric troop displaying their imagined brilliance. As you can tell, the novelty had worn off. I tolerated all that for a while but I can no longer. It was not enhancing my life. Now and then I did find some inspiring stories but you find that everyday away from facebook. So, I deactivated my facebook account and have been happy not going there anymore. What a relief. What sweet freedom not to possess the desire to log in and waste my precious time. I email family and friends to stay in touch. To be plugged in more in my real life is bringing me more joy than spending time in that world of trivial noise. One side of my brain says I can say the same about spending time in forums and perhaps that explains why I am not on a forum day in and day out and all hours. Thank you, come again. ac_biggrin
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Frood

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"For me, I finally joined after showing no interest in it for years. I joined because family and friends persisted for they were all there but not I. They said we'd connect and share photos, thoughts, plans and ideas. My friends, Mom, and relatives were happy to connect with me there. I suppose I was happy too, for a while. My Mom would share my posts to her friends so they can post accolades to her for what ever "clever" posts she thinks her "daughter" posted.

I liked it at first but eventually got tired of the phonies, the liars, the self righteous, and the narcissists. I finally asked myself, "What am I doing wasting my time reading these irrelevant rubbish!?" I got tired of the daily selfies of the superficial horde and reading posts by the sophomoric troop displaying their imagined brilliance. As you can tell, the novelty had worn off. I tolerated all that for a while but I can no longer. It was not enhancing my life. Now and then I did find some inspiring stories but you find that everyday away from facebook. So, I deactivated my facebook account and have been happy not going there anymore. What a relief. What sweet freedom not to possess the desire to log in and waste my precious time. I email family and friends to stay in touch. To be plugged in more in my real life is bringing me more joy than spending time in that world of trivial noise. One side of my brain says I can say the same about spending time in forums and perhaps that explains why I am not on a forum day in and day out and all hours. Thank you, come again. ac_biggrin

I can respect that.
Blahhhhhh...

Renee

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"You're an idiot...but that, I must confess, is stating the obvious.

The only people that get burned by Facebook are the moronic kids that use it as there complete social support service. In that respect, they get what they deserve.

Sensible, mature adults (which, I accept, excludes you) have no problems.

So you more or less paraphrase what I've already said in my OP but lay the blame on people like me, huh?  ac_lmfao

Seriously, Uncle Fester. Quit while you're behind.

Besides, who would bother writing your old ass a postcard or pretending to care in a phone call. FB might be all you have left in your family network.  ac_biggrin

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Dove"  Again with the control issues lol.  Telling someone on a message board to "go away" and expecting them to comply. Hahaha.  You can only control yourself DD.

I have to agree with this statement. Asking me to reveal more about myself in a public place and then telling me what they think I should do and expecting me to comply makes me laugh. I will reveal only what I want to reveal and I'm not taking orders.

I told her to basically piss off because she wasn't dealing with the topic. She was initially treating the topic as an opportunity to deal on the topic maker. The girl has issues. Had she stuck to topic from post one, my reaction would have been different. I don't have to like that bucket of religious nuts but I can find common ground assuming the other party isn't a complete and utter moron who refuses to accept Roman Catholics as Christians.

So it's my turn to return the favor.

Aside from the whoring, the heroin, the mewling babies, and the rest, for Dove to say that Roman Catholics aren't Christians is perhaps the biggest sign that she's 51 cards short of a playing deck.

The slimey slug for nothing will get what she puts in and nothing less. If she can stay on topic, I'll reciprocate. If she meanders off into further fucktardness, I'll slap the dumb rotunding bitch yet again.

Quote from: "Renee"Dove is right. Too many people don't know when enough is enough or what is appropriate and what isn't. It gets very annoying.

I got rid of my FB page months and months ago. It had been pretty much dormant for a year or more before hand anyway. I always found social media sites like FB and the previous MySpace crap to be novelties. Once the novelty wore off, it became more of a bother than anything else.

Only months and months ago? Geez, you're a bright spark.

More cowbell LESS bullshit.

I find it very interesting that you are so concerned about having your own face showing up on FB but yet you have no problem posting the alleged image of your child on this site. It is especially strange since it was early in your tenure here and you basically knew fuck all about the people who inhabit this place.

Unless that was all bullshit as well???? Given your penchant for smoke and mirrors, it wouldn't surprise me if it was big steaming pile of Dinky dung. But in the event that it wasn't, just let me say that was a special kind of stupid. In fact given the kind of creeps that stalk this forum it was the kind of stupid that only a real bonehead would even have attempted. :laugh3:

Everything about you smells of horseshit, including this current foray into your trumped up shelf-importance.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

Dinky has 5 kids.

Or so he says.

What's the betting that wasn't HIS kid. Which then begs the question as to who's child it really was?

It should be removed unless validated.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Dove is right. Too many people don't know when enough is enough or what is appropriate and what isn't. It gets very annoying.

I got rid of my FB page months and months ago. It had been pretty much dormant for a year or more before hand anyway. I always found social media sites like FB and the previous MySpace crap to be novelties. Once the novelty wore off, it became more of a bother than anything else.
 I like the funny pictures and keeping up with friends.  I like the articles. The recipes. I'm also part of a closed discussion board and I like that. We talk about the bible. We debate with atheists.  My after care group also is a closed board on there....so I have uses for facebook.  But yeah I see people go on there blasting drama and it's cringe worthy lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"But we do that here!!!

It's kinda different though. This is a discussion board. It's not like standing at a pulpit and blasting all our stuff to everyone we have known over the 20 years.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"For me, I finally joined after showing no interest in it for years. I joined because family and friends persisted for they were all there but not I. They said we'd connect and share photos, thoughts, plans and ideas. My friends, Mom, and relatives were happy to connect with me there. I suppose I was happy too, for a while. My Mom would share my posts to her friends so they can post accolades to her for what ever "clever" posts she thinks her "daughter" posted.

Those brand new couples....all over Facebook proclaiming undying love with all the melodrama of Shakespeare and every pic is selfies of them kissing really gross me out.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"You're an idiot...but that, I must confess, is stating the obvious.

The only people that get burned by Facebook are the moronic kids that use it as there complete social support service. In that respect, they get what they deserve.

Sensible, mature adults (which, I accept, excludes you) have no problems.

So you more or less paraphrase what I've already said in my OP but lay the blame on people like me, huh?  ac_lmfao

Seriously, Uncle Fester. Quit while you're behind.

Besides, who would bother writing your old ass a postcard or pretending to care in a phone call. FB might be all you have left in your family network.  ac_biggrin

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Dove"  Again with the control issues lol.  Telling someone on a message board to "go away" and expecting them to comply. Hahaha.  You can only control yourself DD.

I have to agree with this statement. Asking me to reveal more about myself in a public place and then telling me what they think I should do and expecting me to comply makes me laugh. I will reveal only what I want to reveal and I'm not taking orders.

I told her to basically piss off because she wasn't dealing with the topic. She was initially treating the topic as an opportunity to deal on the topic maker. The girl has issues. Had she stuck to topic from post one, my reaction would have been different. I don't have to like that bucket of religious nuts but I can find common ground assuming the other party isn't a complete and utter moron who refuses to accept Roman Catholics as Christians.

So it's my turn to return the favor.

Aside from the whoring, the heroin, the mewling babies, and the rest, for Dove to say that Roman Catholics aren't Christians is perhaps the biggest sign that she's 51 cards short of a playing deck.

The slimey slug for nothing will get what she puts in and nothing less. If she can stay on topic, I'll reciprocate. If she meanders off into further fucktardness, I'll slap the dumb rotunding bitch yet again.

Only months and months ago? Geez, you're a bright spark.
 Roman Catholics are pagan heretics. Not Christains.  This shows your ignorance of Christain theology AND church history.  This is well known, a sordid part of church history.  Christains do not believe in praying to the dead, calling anyone "holy father", needing a priest, baptising infants, or canonizing saints. We do NOT worship or pray to Mary. She is not "the queen of heaven" or "mother of God".   This is in direct opposition to scripture and the RC used to stone and burn CHRISTAINS, who pointed this out.  This just a small few examples. These practises are anti biblical, and NOT christain. Roman catholism is its own religion, bible believing born again Christains separated from that mess ages ago.

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Dinky has 5 kids.

Or so he says.

What's the betting that wasn't HIS kid. Which then begs the question as to who's child it really was?

It should be removed unless validated.

It would really be interesting if it turned out that he/she/it pirated that child's image from some poor slobs Facebook account.  :laugh:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I refuse to use Facebook, always have, and have repeatedly asked family members and friends to keep me out of their timelines whether that be in photos or mentions.

The problem is that many of these people are so hardwired into the Facebook system, they have lapses of judgement and indirectly or sometimes directly do include photos and mentions.

I can't wait for FB to go belly up and society realize personal boundaries once again. What do you think?

We have friends and family all over the world Dinky Diana..

I like it because it allows me to keep in touch with them..

But, I understand what you mean.

What about the various chat, email, and message clients out there? There's so many of them. So many private ways to keep in touch plus there's phone and snail mail still and they're really dirt cheap these days.

I get that it's a network and doesn't require one on one, but hell, if one on one is too much, why be in the network?

It's convenient for us Dinky Diana.

Anonymous

http://amazingdiscoveries.org/R-Reformation_Rome_crusade_slaughter">http://amazingdiscoveries.org/R-Reforma ... _slaughter">http://amazingdiscoveries.org/R-Reformation_Rome_crusade_slaughter  here Dinky Dumb.  Roman Catholics are NOT Christains.

asal

Quote from: "Dove"http://amazingdiscoveries.org/R-Reformation_Rome_crusade_slaughter">http://amazingdiscoveries.org/R-Reforma ... _slaughter">http://amazingdiscoveries.org/R-Reformation_Rome_crusade_slaughter  here Dinky Dumb.  Roman Catholics are NOT Christains.

my grandma was Roman Catholic and she used to pray to Jesus.  That's christian imo - not knowing much about these things.

Anonymous

http://www.the-bible-antichrist.com/roman-catholic-church-persecution.html">http://www.the-bible-antichrist.com/rom ... ution.html">http://www.the-bible-antichrist.com/roman-catholic-church-persecution.html The people in the congregation I think are there out of a sense of tradition, obligation. Christian essentially means "follower of Christ".  Catholic means "universal"....it has more in common with paganism, than biblical Christianity.  Once you start studying scripture....you plainly see all the issues with the RC.  I can't believe the crap the pope says. Saying Roman catholics are the same as Christains just because they toss around similar terminology and name drop the Most High, is just like calling a Phillipino the same as Chinese because they both have tan skin, dark hair and asain eyes. They are not the same.  Most all Christains reject RC doctrines, dogmas and bloody history and many believe it to be blasphemous and having the anti christ spirit. When you compare the two, the reasons are compelling.  If you came into my church...there is nothing catholic in the least.  The Mary worship of the rc makes me very uncomfortable....as does the beads and repetitive scripted prayers. It's pharisee like.  I'm waiting for this knuckledragging, ignorant cretin Dicky D to even attempt at "slapping me".   If it would stop falling on its own contorted mug every post....maybe.

Renee

Quote from: "asal"
Quote from: "Dove"http://amazingdiscoveries.org/R-Reformation_Rome_crusade_slaughter">http://amazingdiscoveries.org/R-Reforma ... _slaughter">http://amazingdiscoveries.org/R-Reformation_Rome_crusade_slaughter  here Dinky Dumb.  Roman Catholics are NOT Christains.

my grandma was Roman Catholic and she used to pray to Jesus.  That's christian imo - not knowing much about these things.

It's Christian in every sense of the word. Unfortunately "born again" Christians don't consider any structured Christian sect "true Christian". They have a similar attitude as the Roman Catholic Church had regarding the pagan people of northern Europe during the dark ages or the break away Protestant sects of the Reformation. If you aren't following the literal word of religious scripture, it's heresy. Unfortunately that is a dangerous attitude and the concept of heresy has been used to commit an untold number of atrocities against the innocent.

IMHO the one God doesn't really exist and as for Christ and the resurrection.....well common wisdom tell us that he was just a man and a regional phenomenon. After his death, some very shrewd people desiring power adopted him as a symbol of there right to lord over entire ignorant populations, (hence the Roman Catholic Church). As the Western Portion of the Roman Empire crumbled a power vacuum in Europe was created and the Roman Church was all too willing to fill that vacuum.

That's how we here in the west got saddled with JC and the Blessed Virgin. But in the end it's Christian enough. The Roman Catholic Church which was first labeled as such in the 2nd century AD. was the first real organized Christian religion on the planet. Until the East–West Schism of 1054, it was the ONLY recognized Christian organization in the world.

But at the same time Dove has the right to believe how she wishes, just as you and I do. So as long as she doesn't push her views on people in an aggressive manner I'm cool with whatever she believes, especially if it her source of spiritual strength. We all lead different lives and we all have different needs; what and how we believe is what makes things interesting.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "asal"

It's Christian in every sense of the word. Unfortunately "born again" Christians don't consider any structured Christian sect "true Christian". They have a similar attitude as the Roman Catholic Church had regarding the pagan people of northern Europe during the dark ages or the break away Protestant sects of the Reformation. If you aren't following the literal word of religious scripture, it's heresy. Unfortunately that is a dangerous attitude and the concept of heresy has been used to commit an untold number of atrocities against the innocent.

IMHO the one God doesn't really exist and as for Christ and the resurrection.....well common wisdom tell us that he was just a man and a regional phenomenon. After his death, some very shrewd people desiring power adopted him as a symbol of there right to lord over entire ignorant populations, (hence the Roman Catholic Church). As the Western Portion of the Roman Empire crumbled a power vacuum in Europe was created and the Roman Church was all too willing to fill that vacuum.

That's how we here in the west got saddled with JC and the Blessed Virgin. But in the end it's Christian enough. The Roman Catholic Church which was first labeled as such in the 2nd century AD. was the first real organized Christian religion on the planet. Until the East–West Schism of 1054, it was the ONLY recognized Christian organization in the world.

But at the same time Dove has the right to believe how she wishes, just as you and I do. So as long as she doesn't push her views on people in an aggressive manner I'm cool with whatever she believes, especially if it her source of spiritual strength. We all lead different lives and we all have different needs; what and how we believe is what makes things interesting.

To me Renee, it's a big whatever. Pray to Santa Claus for all I care. Religion is harmless. Islam is not a religion though. It's a death cult.