Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Now, here's a surprise...

Started by Bricktop, October 01, 2015, 10:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

My country has no morals. Let alone a highground.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"My country has no morals. Let alone a highground.

No country does Dove.

RW

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Gay Boy Roberto"
Quote from: "Dove"  Banning guns is not going to reduce gun violance. The people who obtain and use guns legally are NOT, I repeat, NOT the ones committing the crimes.

Like this week's mass shooter idiot of the week, who bought 13 guns LEGALLY

I can't discuss this with emotional thinkers who don't understand generals. You think everyone should lose rights over the actions on one person and that beyond fucking stupid. You don't deserve freedom. Yanno what don't respond to me unless you've read my entire post. I'm not going to tediously walk you through everything I've already said.

It would be one thing if it was a one off but it isn't.

I know you can't grasp a concept of a society without hand guns on citizens but they do exist and they aren't nearly as terrifying as you think they are.
 You just assume every culture is the same.  I know gun free societies exist and they are not at all scary. However, you will not have a gun free society in america...so changing our Constitution makes absolutely no sense. That's your problem, you think banning guns will cause this happy gun free society. It won't. Not in america. Not with this mindset. And there is no way the public is going to surrender their fire arms.  I don't even own a gun. I'm just being realistic.

I don't assume all cultures are the same at all.  I know the US will never part with their precious guns.  All I am asking is that you guys stop making bullshit justifications for having them.  If you support readily available access to guns, then you have a society riddled with bullet holes.

I feel sad for you.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"  Banning guns is not going to reduce gun violance. The people who obtain and use guns legally are NOT, I repeat, NOT the ones committing the crimes.

I can't discuss this with emotional thinkers who don't understand generals. You think everyone should lose rights over the actions on one person and that beyond fucking stupid. You don't deserve freedom. Yanno what don't respond to me unless you've read my entire post. I'm not going to tediously walk you through everything I've already said.

I know you can't grasp a concept of a society without hand guns on citizens but they do exist and they aren't nearly as terrifying as you think they are.
 You just assume every culture is the same.  I know gun free societies exist and they are not at all scary. However, you will not have a gun free society in america...so changing our Constitution makes absolutely no sense. That's your problem, you think banning guns will cause this happy gun free society. It won't. Not in america. Not with this mindset. And there is no way the public is going to surrender their fire arms.  I don't even own a gun. I'm just being realistic.

I don't assume all cultures are the same at all.  I know the US will never part with their precious guns.  All I am asking is that you guys stop making bullshit justifications for having them.  If you support readily available access to guns, then you have a society riddled with bullet holes.

I feel sad for you.

One of my Pinay girlfriend's husband told me something interesting..

The Philippines has a gun ownership rate one seventh that of Canada, but it's firearm death rate is six times higher.

:confused1:

Anonymous

Just like banning drugs and the war on drugs cut down on drug use?  It DOESN'T WORK, not here. You know why?  Because guns and drugs are not the problem, RW.  It's easy to put the focus and responsibility on an object that by itself can't do a thing, isn't it? Blaming guns and focusing on gun control is a waste of time and a great way to inspire MORE division and hostility.

RW

Quote from: "Dove"Just like banning drugs and the war on drugs cut down on drug use.  It DOESN'T WORK, not here. You know why?  Because guns and drugs are not the problem, RW.  It's easy to put the focus and responsibility on an object that by itself can't do a thing, isn't it?

Can we please stop with the ridiculous comparisons?  Please?

This "it's not the guns" argument is down right retarded.  That's like saying it's not the toaster's fault for making toast because a person put the bread in the slot.  It garners a response of "no shit Sherlock".  People in your country are using guns to shoot and kill others.  That's a fact.  Say whatever stupid crap you like to justify it, you can't change it.

My question to you is what is the solution to get PEOPLE to stop using GUNS to do things like shoot up schools in the US?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I feel sad for you.

The Philippines has gun ownership rate one seventh that of Canada, but it's firearm death rate is six times higher.

Canada, per capita, has a lot of guns.  The question is, what kind of guns are they and what are they used for?  I know a lot of people who own rifles but not one who owns a handgun for personal use.  My uncle is a farmer and he hunts so he has rifles.  I think because of the rural natural of a large part of our country, we have a lot more long guns which aren't designed to kill humans like handguns are.

I'm guessing though so people should feel free to correct me.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I feel sad for you.

The Philippines has gun ownership rate one seventh that of Canada, but it's firearm death rate is six times higher.

Canada, per capita, has a lot of guns.  The question is, what kind of guns are they and what are they used for?  I know a lot of people who own rifles but not one who owns a handgun for personal use.  My uncle is a farmer and he hunts so he has rifles.  I think because of the rural natural of a large part of our country, we have a lot more long guns which aren't designed to kill humans like handguns are.

I'm guessing though so people should feel free to correct me.

I didn't want to say anything that might be perceived as insulting to my friend's husband, but it may have a lot to do with corruption, poor education among some people and the culture of kidnapping for ransom in the Philippines.

Bricktop

Nah, its one word.

Its buried deep in the American psyche, both at the individual and national level, and is generated to some degree by those things you mention.

It all boils down to FEAR.

That is the ONLY reason you would wish to carry a lethal handgun. You are afraid.

It is clear that America is a country in turmoil and crisis, and there is no reason for optimism, as their penchant for violence and weaponry to solve problems seems on the increase.

If they confined their disease within their own borders, like every other country, it wouldn't be an issue. But they export their corruption and violence to all corners of the globe.

It is by far the most dangerous country on the planet.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"Just like banning drugs and the war on drugs cut down on drug use.  It DOESN'T WORK, not here. You know why?  Because guns and drugs are not the problem, RW.  It's easy to put the focus and responsibility on an object that by itself can't do a thing, isn't it?

This "it's not the guns" argument is down right retarded.  That's like saying it's not the toaster's fault for making toast because a person put the bread in the slot.  It garners a response of "no shit Sherlock".  People in your country are using guns to shoot and kill others.  That's a fact.  Say whatever stupid crap you like to justify it, you can't change it.

My question to you is what is the solution to get PEOPLE to stop using GUNS to do things like shoot up schools in the US?
 So let's remove the guns from non criminal and just assume criminals won't get them because it's illegal.  It's not a "ridiculous" comparison. It's reality....and you know it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Nah, its one word.

Its buried deep in the American psyche, both at the individual and national level, and is generated to some degree by those things you mention.

That is the ONLY reason you would wish to carry a lethal handgun. You are afraid.

It is clear that America is a country in turmoil and crisis, and there is no reason for optimism, as their penchant for violence and weaponry to solve problems seems on the increase.

If they confined their disease within their own borders, like every other country, it wouldn't be an issue. But they export their corruption and violence to all corners of the globe.

I'd rather be here than in the middle east. There are much more dangerous countries. America's crime rate is lower than it was in the early 80s....there is just a lot of propaganda. But if the government attempts to remove guns there WILL be a huge revolt. It will get a lot worse. There is a mentality and a culture here that is being overlooked by those in other countries.

J0E

Since the USA can't get rid of guns, the very least they can do to control them and to protect their ctizens against them.

For example, where were the police during the Oregon college shootings?

Did the college have any police stationed directly on the college campus?

If not, then why not? They should've known from the experiences of the Columbine murders, the Virginia Tech shootings, and Conneticut school shooter that properly armed and well trained police are a must on every college campus in the United States these days. Unfortunately, this not 30 to 40 years ago when America can take public safety for granted. A proactive approach as opposed to a passive one is needed to counter the violence and terror by sociopaths.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dove" I'd rather be here than in the middle east. There are much more dangerous countries. America's crime rate is lower than it was in the early 80s....there is just a lot of propaganda. But if the government attempts to remove guns there WILL be a huge revolt. It will get a lot worse. There is a mentality and a culture here that is being overlooked by those in other countries.

I agree.

But those more dangerous countries that you refer to do NOT hold themselves up as the "world's greatest democracy", nor take it upon themselves to invade and bomb other nations in a policing role.

Your nation needs to stfu, withdraw and think about itself.

RW

So let's remove the guns from non criminal and just assume criminals won't get them because it's illegal.  It's not a "ridiculous" comparison. It's reality....and you know it.

At least you'd know who the criminals were!

Now care to answer the question posed?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Nah, its one word.

Okay I've heard this "fear" talk one too many times out of you. That kind of talk is extremely ironic considering it comes from a person who's entire contry is built on FEAR. Let's examine your national psyche shall we? Let's look at your policies governing immigration, they are the root of your jingoism, racism and your xenophobic reaction to anyone non-white. Let's look at your past, White Australia Policy anyone? How about your systematic genocide of the aboriginal people which still goes on today? And DON'T lie about it?  How about the current movement of redneck jack-holes who are screaming about getting rid of all the Muslims (Reclaim Australia????) There was a recent study that said 1 in 5 Australians have been a victim of a racial attack in some way. If you are any indication, the fear of firearms is about at pants wetting level. Forced voting?????......that's your political leaders frightened that they won't be able to keep the population under their thumb.

All that my windy friend, reeks of pure, unadulterated, weak-kneed, FEAR and YOU stink of it.

All in all you are a nation of bed wetting sheep and it is evident on how your people as a nation are able to be sent into a blind panic at the slightest indication that may threaten your false sense of security.

Here in the US we know we have a problem and the answers are complicated because they go to the very social fabric of this nation. But one thing I will warn you of; DON'T ever mistake an American's resistance to giving up their legal rights for FEAR. We don't got down like you little Aussie sheep. We don't kowtow to political agendas when our constitutional rights are on the line, no matter what the issue or amendment may be. That you quivering lump of shit, is courage and conviction. Learn about it because you current breed of loud mouthed Aussies have none of of it. Your kind of jingoistic racist bravery comes out of a can of Fosters.

Now stop your shrill screeching, bleating and prattling because it is quite obvious that the only frightened representative of their nation in this circumstance is.........YOU. :mad:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.