The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

The grey area of consent

Started by shin, October 21, 2015, 07:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I think I don't want to talk to a troll who is a guy pretending to be a chick on this board any more.

I will still respond if I feel the comment warrants a response RW. But, I know what you mean. When I respond, it is to a comment and not a person. I don't know how long I can do that before it gets to me too. It did not last long with Joak's Lance handle.

Frood

This is a sad turn of events.

I've talked about gender inequality as it relates to this discussion matter and it's taken a turn into a discussion about my own gender which is forum inequality.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "RW"I think I don't want to talk to a troll who is a guy pretending to be a chick on this board any more.

I will still respond if I feel the comment warrants a response RW. But, I know what you mean. When I respond, it is to a comment and not a person. I don't know how long I can do that before it gets to me too. It did not last long with Joak's Lance handle.

We all know it's Gary though so we ignore it.

It's clear Dinky is here because he's following Spec around and trolling us.  Ain't nobody got time for that.
Beware of Gaslighters!

keeper

Truth be told I would have him on ignore if I wasn't this delightful green :)

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"Since there are a lot of femmes here, perhaps I might get to see another side of this argument.

">

Do you agree with the general sentiment of this poster?

If not, what part of the implied notion do you disagree with, and why?  I don't agree.  I was raped at 14.  Someone getting drunk and making a choice they regret is not equal to being legit sexually assulted.  And....they are BOTH drunk. If she is too drunk to consent, isn't he too drunk to be held accountable?  Or too drunk to consent as well?  This is typical femnazi propaganda.

Anonymous

http://i61.tinypic.com/357ityq.jpg"> I'm not the only one lol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "shin"Since there are a lot of femmes here, perhaps I might get to see another side of this argument.

">

If not, what part of the implied notion do you disagree with, and why?  I don't agree.  I was raped at 14.  Someone getting drunk and making a choice they regret is not equal to being legit sexually assulted.  And....they are BOTH drunk. If she is too drunk to consent, isn't he too drunk to be held accountable?  Or too drunk to consent as well?  This is typical femnazi propaganda.
That makes sense Dove..

Maybe brewing and distilling companies should be charged with rape?

Renee

The Jake and Josie look Jewish to me. In fact, isn't Jake short for Jacob? (a Jewish name) :shock: ......I knew it! The GOD DAMN JOOOOOOOOWs are now behind a plot to sentence white males to prison for rape! :sneaky2:

Someone call our local Jew buster, Scouse and tell him to bring his Jew catching, positron ray gun and a Hebrew containment trap.  ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

">

And what about the girl who passes out at a party and get screwed by 5 guys?  Or the girl who doesn't want to have sex with a guy so he gets her drunk then has sex with her?  That rapey enough for you?
Beware of Gaslighters!

keeper

Renee

Quote from: "RW"

">

And what about the girl who passes out at a party and get screwed by 5 guys?  Or the girl who doesn't want to have sex with a guy so he gets her drunk then has sex with her? That rapey enough for you?

I have a problem with that scenario. Unless the guy is physically forcing the woman to drink more than she can handle I honestly think that is a concept that belittles women. It basically indicates that a woman has no free will and she is too stupid to realize that drinking excessively could very well lead to a compromising or dangerous situation. In today's day and age, I find that idea offensive.

Of course there is always going to be some rather dumb exceptions out there but overall it is an insult to a woman's intelligence.

I think we've been down this road previously,......in another lifetime. Unfortunately I don't recall what the consensus or the outcome was then.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

I agree with you Renee.  I believe in that personal responsibility you speak of, however, intoxication is not foreplay.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"I agree with you Renee.  I believe in that personal responsibility you speak of, however, intoxication is not foreplay.

I agree, intoxication is not foreplay. BUT let's not discount that there are those individuals who actually require something to relax them before they can be intimate with another person. Often times it's a few glasses of wine or a few beers that helps remove some of those stubborn inhibitions.

Given the fact that a great many women (myself included) have a negative body image, I think that stimuli like alcohol or weed play a bigger role in getting laid than most of us are willing to admit. Does that mean we were raped or that a guy committed rape? :nea:

IMHO, this whole thing is a concept that is far too ridiculous to seriously waste dollars promoting in an add campaign.

RW

It's only rape if the woman complains after the fact.  If I was a guy, I wouldn't take that risk.

I think the campaign is a good one in that it informs people of the law.
Beware of Gaslighters!