The best topic

Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Trinity Western vs BC Law Society

Started by RW, January 06, 2016, 06:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "seoulbro"How many gay atheists are enrolled at TWU's law school anyway?

Atheism isn't the issue but I don't know because I doubt anyone who is gay would risk putting themselves lest they be expelled.

My guess would be 1.

Why did they sign the covenant?

They would have to  sign it to go to school there.

There are homosexuals who attend/have attended TWU BTW.

Of course there are gay people at Trinity and by signing the covenant they agree to be celibate..

So, why did they sign it?

Was a sexual encounter a one time lapse or did they have no intention of honouring their pledge?

I can't say.  I'm sure there are more than a few people who signed the pledge with no intention of honouring it.  I'm sure there are gay people who follow it to the word.

I have no doubt at all many students who signed that pledge had no intention of honouring it..

It would be like me seeking a job as an administrative assistant with NAC Canada when I'm pro life.

:confused1:

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"I would never agree to sign their covenant because I like cigarettes and liquor too much.

Some people really like their booze and cigarettes and want to hang on to them while still doing all the other great things TWU does.  Why shouldn't they be able to?

Because they said they wouldn't..

If a student finds themselves unable to maintain the integrity of their commitment they should seek a living-learning situation more acceptable to them.

RW

So you would deny a person a better relationship with Christ, the community, or even themselves by attending TWU because of cigarettes and beer or cigars and wine?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"So you would deny a person a better relationship with Christ, the community, or even themselves by attending TWU because of cigarettes and beer or cigars and wine?

If they signed the pledge about community standards, yes..

If they didn't sign it and only want non faith based programs that is not a problem at all, smoke away.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"So you would deny a person a better relationship with Christ, the community, or even themselves by attending TWU because of cigarettes and beer or cigars and wine?

TWU must be a really good school if smokers, and boozers are saying they will give up all their habits just to get in. :laugh3:

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"How many gay atheists are enrolled at TWU's law school anyway?

Atheism isn't the issue but I don't know because I doubt anyone who is gay would risk putting themselves lest they be expelled.

My guess would be 1.

Why did they sign the covenant?

They would have to  sign it to go to school there.

There are homosexuals who attend/have attended TWU BTW.

Of course there are gay people at Trinity and by signing the covenant they agree to be celibate..

So, why did they sign it?

Was a sexual encounter a one time lapse or did they have no intention of honouring their pledge?

I can't say.  I'm sure there are more than a few people who signed the pledge with no intention of honouring it.  I'm sure there are gay people who follow it to the word.

I have no doubt at all many students who signed that pledge had no intention of honouring it..

It would be like me seeking a job as an administrative assistant with NAC Canada when I'm pro life.

:confused1:

So if many students likely breach the pledge as you've just stated, what would become of TWU's enrolment numbers if all those disobedient students went elsewhere instead?

What is more important?  Bringing students closer to Christ, the Bible, God, community service, etc, or insisting they don't gossip or swear or use tobacco or drink or make choices according to "biblical priorities" when it comes to selecting movies (all no no's in the ole TWU CC)?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"

TWU must be a really good school if smokers, and boozers are saying they will give up all their habits just to get in. :laugh3:

Or a school full of rule breakers  :wink:
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

If they didn't sign it and only want non faith based programs that is not a problem at all, smoke away.

What if they want faith based programs without all the rules?

Oh, I know!  They just do it on the down low instead.
Beware of Gaslighters!

easter bunny

Quote from: "RW"Oh bollocks.  This isn't an issue of bullying.  It's about constitutional rights and freedoms.

Maybe not in this case, but I've seen it plenty of times. They're a lot like trolls. They just want to stick their finger in someone's eye and twist it. And Christians are always an easy target.  I'm getting sick and tired of watching it.

RW

I know what you mean about the atheistic disrespect for anything religious.  I can't say I'm a fan either.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

They should be honest about that up front..

If I was employed by the National Council of Women of Canada I would be terminated if they knew my views on abortion and I stated them in public.

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"
Quote from: "RW"Oh bollocks.  This isn't an issue of bullying.  It's about constitutional rights and freedoms.

Maybe not in this case, but I've seen it plenty of times. They're a lot like trolls. They just want to stick their finger in someone's eye and twist it. And Christians are always an easy target.  I'm getting sick and tired of watching it.

You and me both.

easter bunny

They don't seem to pick on anyone else either. I wonder why.

RW

They should be honest about that up front..

If I was employed by the National Council of Women of Canada I would be terminated if they knew my views on abortion and I stated them in public.

Would you?  If I was your boss at the National Council of Women of Canada, I wouldn't care what your beliefs were.  I'd care if you could do your job despite them.  If you can't, then we'd have a problem.

That still doesn't change the fact that there are probably a good number of people attending TWU who don't adhere to all the rules. That's life as a human.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "easter bunny"They don't seem to pick on anyone else either. I wonder why.

Scale of influence on our society would be my guess.
Beware of Gaslighters!