Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Dear Vancouver

Started by RW, February 19, 2016, 02:13:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "RW"Most Canadians don't smoke TD.  She's not making that up.  According to Stats Can, in 2014 smokers made up just over 18% of the population.

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/health74b-eng.htm">http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableau ... 4b-eng.htm">http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/health74b-eng.htm

I am sorry to say I am part of that minority of Canadians that is addicted to nicotine.

I find it laughable that a guy who never heard of Canada's fourth largest city is telling us about our rates of smoking. Facts TD, get some.

Try vaping.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "RW"Most Canadians don't smoke TD.  She's not making that up.  According to Stats Can, in 2014 smokers made up just over 18% of the population.

http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/health74b-eng.htm">http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableau ... 4b-eng.htm">http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/health74b-eng.htm

I am sorry to say I am part of that minority of Canadians that is addicted to nicotine.

I find it laughable that a guy who never heard of Canada's fourth largest city is telling us about our rates of smoking. Facts TD, get some.

Try vaping.

I am giving it serious consideration.

RW

My husband smoked for a LONG time.  He decided to give vaping a go and dedicated a full two weeks to only vaping.  He bought the stuff and stopped cigarettes to vape.  He said the first week was a bit rough because he didn't touch a cigarette and by the end of the second week he didn't look back.

He said he had to puff a lot more often at first and that he had dry mouth a bit.  He also said you really hack up a lot of lung goo as your body ditches the tar and such.  After that, life was grand.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"My husband smoked for a LONG time.  He decided to give vaping a go and dedicated a full two weeks to only vaping.  He bought the stuff and stopped cigarettes to vape.  He said the first week was a bit rough because he didn't touch a cigarette and by the end of the second week he didn't look back.

He said he had to puff a lot more often at first and that he had dry mouth a bit.  He also said you really hack up a lot of lung goo as your body ditches the tar and such.  After that, life was grand.

There are successes, no question about it. But, I do have one friend who has been smoking and vaping for close to a year I would say. I do not want to be that guy.

RW

Then only vape.  At least it's cheaper and a bit better for you than smoking.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Then only vape.  At least it's cheaper and a bit better for you than smoking.

Will power, I need some. But, if you will excuse me, I am going downstairs, outside and 5 metres from the door to have a smoke.

cc

Quote from: "seoulbro"I find it laughable that a guy who never heard of Canada's fourth largest city is telling us about our rates of smoking. Facts TD, get some.
Not sure about that part but our (and other country's) expats and / or "tourists" to these poorer countries are often a crude  off-the-overall-beam slobs there only for cheap sex

Having lived and worked in the Filippines and visited Thailand we have seen far too much of them for our liking

Very difficult to take was the crappy "sex tourist"  / lowlife schmucks attitudes on the bus home from Manila to the notorious Angeles area (we lived and worked on Clark Air Field next to Angeles)
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"
Quote from: "seoulbro"I find it laughable that a guy who never heard of Canada's fourth largest city is telling us about our rates of smoking. Facts TD, get some.
Not sure about that part but our (and other country's) expats and / or "tourists" to these poorer countries are often a crude  off-the-overall-beam slobs there only for cheap sex

Having lived and worked in the Filippines and visited Thailand we have seen far too much of them for our liking

Very difficult to take was the crappy "sex tourist"  / lowlife schmucks attitudes on the bus home from Manila to the notorious Angeles area (we lived and worked on Clark Air Field next to Angeles)

Sounds like the Western scumbags teaching English in Asia. Absolute losers who couldn't get a woman or a job in their own countries. Real expats wouldn't touch them with a 10 metre pole. I didn't have any issue with Western women teaching English in Asia, but the guys were social parasites and I give them a wide berth.

Romero

Quote from: "RW"Let me summarize the arguments in this thread:

Mine:

1. Guys who dress like hipsters in Vancouver look like idiots.

Romero's counter arguements:

1. Stereotyping is wrong. <---[PC bullshit alert]

2. He never sees hipsters in Vancouver.

3. Not all men in Vancouver dress like hipsters.

4. Men in Vancouver don't wear pink pants because he's never seen one.

5. People in Vancouver airports are from other places so other places have hipsters too.

Does anyone else see the fail?

I never said stereotyping was wrong. I only said it was a stereotype.

I never said I never see hipsters in Vancouver. I said I rarely see them.

Not all men in Vancouver dress like hipsters. You saw that for yourself.

I never said men in Vancouver don't wear pink pants. I said I've never seen it.

Other places do have hipsters. You said the hipster in your pic isn't from Vancouver.

Hmm. Why would you need to lie about what I said?

RW

Why do you need to twist on everything anyway says?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Quote from: "RW"Why do you need to twist on everything anyway says?

I have no idea what "twist on everything anyway says" is supposed to mean, but you're the one twisting my words. Why?

RW

Because every single thing you said is irrelevant to the OP. Talking about what hipsters wear is not a stereotype.  It's not saying that's all men in Vancouver wear.  It's not saying other cities don't have hipsters.  It's not saying they are everywhere in Van.  Every single argument you have made in this thread had NOTHING to do with the discussion being had.  In fact, you challenged what I have seen with my own eyes.

Why?  Are you so much of a PC asshole that you are blind to a fashion trend in the city you live in?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

Did I say stereotyping is wrong? No.

Did I say I never see hipsters in Vancouver? No.

Liar.

What's with your PC obsession? It's not politically incorrect to say there are hipsters somewhere. :001_rolleyes:  :laugh:

RW

Care to answer my question tiny dancer?
Beware of Gaslighters!