The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Greetings from Disney's Vero Beach Resort

Started by Renee, April 13, 2016, 04:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Final phone pics.....
[attachment=2]IMAG0516.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]IMAG0507.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]IMAG0506.jpg[/attachment]

The middle one is the best.

Annie

Did you go into the castle? What does it look like inside? We didn't get the chance to do that when we went.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Renee

Quote from: "Annie"Did you go into the castle? What does it look like inside? We didn't get the chance to do that when we went.

Unfortunately the inside is under renovation. In the past I've eaten at the restaurant that is inside the but that was a long time ago when my older daughters were small. As I recall the atmosphere was cool but the food was meh.

There is an apartment inside the castle that DVC members can rent for a single night but it's very difficult to book. It was Walt Disney's private apartment at one time.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Renee

Quote from: "Herman"

That's part of the new section of Fantasyland. That's the Beast's castle from Beauty and The Beast. It sits on top of the Be our Guest Restaurant.

Had dinner there last night. We got pics with the Beast. It was pretty cool. The kids really enjoyed it.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Annie"Did you go into the castle? What does it look like inside? We didn't get the chance to do that when we went.

Unfortunately the inside is under renovation. In the past I've eaten at the restaurant that is inside the but that was a long time ago when my older daughters were small. As I recall the atmosphere was cool but the food was meh.

There is an apartment inside the castle that DVC members can rent for a single night but it's very difficult to book. It was Walt Disney's private apartment at one time.

That would be an experience Renee..

What are DVC members?

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"

What are DVC members?

Disney Vacation Club members.

It's a vacation time share program.

Anonymous

What are DVC members?

Oh, I see thank you Renee..

What time is your flight home today?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

That's part of the new section of Fantasyland. That's the Beast's castle from Beauty and The Beast. It sits on top of the Be our Guest Restaurant.

Had dinner there last night. We got pics with the Beast. It was pretty cool. The kids really enjoyed it.

I am sure they did. The adults likely had a good time too.

Renee

What are DVC members?

Oh, I see thank you Renee..

What time is your flight home today?

9:05 PM we land in Trenton airport at 11:40 PM.

Anonymous

[attachment=0]IMAG0506.jpg[/attachment]

I wish my train went to Disneyland.

Renee

If I could get a decent paying job here at Disney World, I would consider relocating.

I'll have to check what's available. I don't see myself waiting tables or working in a park so it would have to be office work, HR or payroll or something like that.

Twenty Dollars

What is the percentage of Latino workers?

There has been studies, some planning to build a Disney World near the Liberia airport in Costa Rica. Would make sense based on the fact that tourism is big here, huge cheap work force, lots of raw flat land, near an Airport, and a huge potential for Centeral and South American visitors, who would typically have a hard time to get a visa to the US. To date little movement.

Renee

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"What is the percentage of Latino workers?

There has been studies, some planning to build a Disney World near the Liberia airport in Costa Rica. Would make sense based on the fact that tourism is big here, huge cheap work force, lots of raw flat land, near an Airport, and a huge potential for Centeral and South American visitors, who would typically have a hard time to get a visa to the US. To date little movement.

What percentage? I don't know.

Housekeeping is all Latino and a good portion of the lower level service positions are as well. There are a lot of retirees in the Disney transportation system. Older guys driving buses for fun.

As a DVC member, I get updates on future park and resort locations. Currently Disney is considering locations in about 7 countries. I don't recall if Costa Rica is on the list.

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"What is the percentage of Latino workers?

What percentage? I don't know.

Housekeeping is all Latino and a good portion of the lower level service positions are as well. There are a lot of retires in the Disney transportation system. Older guys driving buses for fun.

As a DVC member, I get updates on future park and resort locations. Currently Disney is considering locations in about 7 countries. I don't recall if Costa Rica is on the list.

I wouldnt be heart broken

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"If I could get a decent paying job here at Disney World, I would consider relocating.

I'll have to check what's available. I don't see myself waiting tables or working in a park so it would have to be office work, HR or payroll or something like that.

My son worked in Orlando from roughly 2005-15.  His field is computer game publishing.  He says Orlando is maybe not as good as San Francisco or Seattle when it comes to support jobs in hi-tech industries, it's still pretty decent.   Politics-wise he loved the town, but not the state.