The best topic

Replies: 10492
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 29, 2024, 06:18:09 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Blazor

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2017, 10:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Have you considered being tested for sleep apnea? Your symptoms seem to be classic signs.

I havent been tested, but all my dads side has it. I hope that aint it.

That's not a big deal Blazor. My brother-in-law has sleep apnea. He wears his mask at night. He never falls asleep during the day.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Well my arm still giving me trouble after 6 months, been going for physical therapy once a week for 2 weeks. And now they got me on blood pressure medicine since every time I went it was high, 160/100. The only thing I can think besides stress is lack of sleep. I can fall asleep fine, but toss a lot after a few hours. Been like this for over a year.

Get well soon Blazor.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Bricktop"Have you considered being tested for sleep apnea? Your symptoms seem to be classic signs.

It is genetic, so you're probably out of luck.

But it's no biggie. It's not like you take drugs or need constant treatment. Just more air when you sleep.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"

That's not a big deal Blazor. My brother-in-law has sleep apnea. He wears his mask at night. He never falls asleep during the day.

Oh I know, but I dont like the idea of sleeping with a mask on lol. Nor depending on a machine.

I will say that right before I went to Seattle last, I was walking at work a lil, and I had also cut back on drinking then. While in Seattle, I walked a lot, only had one drink a night, and cut back on my toking, and I was getting a solid 5-6 hours, which I usually dont. Stress was also low while I was there.

Also, I catch myself a lot of times taking shallow breaths throughout the day. Like slow release and inhale, while also letting the exhale remain exhaled a few seconds. Not short breaths though. Oddly, when I was looking up symptoms back in the summer on why I didnt feel good, one of the ones I thought it seemed like was low blood oxygen levels. But when my blood work came back ok, I dismissed that, but now thinking it again after looking into sleep apnea.

So I may have a mix, low oxygen levels, with mild sleep apnea. I dont think its BAD yet sleep wise, or I just dont notice.

So I think Im gonna make a lifestyle change after reading up on sleep apnea. Gonna exercise/walk more, gonna try breathing properly more, no more drinking on work nights, and Im cutting back on the toking, may even take a break from it for a month or so. I usually do once a year but havent in 4-5 years.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Velvet"
Quote from: "Blazor"Well my arm still giving me trouble after 6 months, been going for physical therapy once a week for 2 weeks. And now they got me on blood pressure medicine since every time I went it was high, 160/100. The only thing I can think besides stress is lack of sleep. I can fall asleep fine, but toss a lot after a few hours. Been like this for over a year.

Get well soon Blazor.

Thanks Velvet  acc_hugz

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"

But it's no biggie. It's not like you take drugs or need constant treatment. Just more air when you sleep.

Yeah Im fucked lol, whole dads side has it, but not us skinny folk, they all big. Im not overweight, but Im not fit enough I guess.

Anonymous

Yeah Im fucked lol, whole dads side has it, but not us skinny folk, they all big. Im not overweight, but Im not fit enough I guess.

You don't want to wear the mask when you sleep?

Bricktop

You don't need a mask. They have little nasal "pillow" outlets that blow air in your nose.

Also, you don't "rely" on a machine to sleep. You can sleep with or without it connected. Its job is merely to keep your air passages open while sleeping, so that you don't wake to breathe. There's no noise, and no dependency on the machine to actually sleep. It is a ventilator, nothing more.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Not really lol, I sleep on my side, with half my face buried into the pillow  :laugh:

Anonymous

Not really lol, I sleep on my side, with half my face buried into the pillow  :laugh:

There are two guys working out of my terminal that have sleep apnea. One is a conductor who has worked with  me. He packs his air mask thingy for road trips. I should ask him to show it to me next time we work together. I have never seen one before.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"You don't need a mask. They have little nasal "pillow" outlets that blow air in your nose.

Also, you don't "rely" on a machine to sleep. You can sleep with or without it connected. Its job is merely to keep your air passages open while sleeping, so that you don't wake to breathe. There's no noise, and no dependency on the machine to actually sleep. It is a ventilator, nothing more.

You make it sound better, til you say its a ventilator lol. My dad HAD to have his breathing thingamabob, CPAP I think? Im hoping some lifestyle changes will help me first, and at least delay the assistance.

`Good Spirit,' he pursued, as down upon the ground he fell before it:' Your nature intercedes for me, and pities me. Assure me that I yet may change these shadows you have shown me, by an altered life.'

Blazor

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

There are two guys working out of my terminal that have sleep apnea. One is a conductor who has worked with  me. He packs his air mask thingy for road trips. I should ask him to show it to me next time we work together. I have never seen one before.

Man, I try and be healthy for the most part, and something hereditary gets me lol. I think its a small mask. Did a lil googling and saw some masks just now, and this......

http://snoozeez.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/CPAP-MASKS-FOR-SIDE-SLEEPERS.jpg">

Bricktop

Yep. They are the ones.

All it does is blow air into your nasal passages. Quietly. You don't even realise it's doing it. Your respiratory system stays fully open and you sleep deeply. No drugs. No intrusion. No waking because your breathing stops. If you do the test, you will be astounded at how many times you stop breathing per hour. Mine was 57...regarded as extreme. With the machine, I'm down to 1.3 or something.

Your overall health improves. Blood pressure reduces. Vigour and activity improve.

All because you push more air into your respiratory system.

Bricktop

You make it sound better, til you say its a ventilator lol. '[/i]

A ventilator does not have to be a machine which enables you to breath.

It can also assist breathing when you're unconscious.

The CPAP is FAR from being a life support device.

You will not die directly from sleep apnea. You will still breathe. You can take it off if you wish. If the power goes out, you simply take the mask off.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"Yep. They are the ones.

All it does is blow air into your nasal passages. Quietly. You don't even realise it's doing it. Your respiratory system stays fully open and you sleep deeply. No drugs. No intrusion. No waking because your breathing stops. If you do the test, you will be astounded at how many times you stop breathing per hour. Mine was 57...regarded as extreme. With the machine, I'm down to 1.3 or something.

Your overall health improves. Blood pressure reduces. Vigour and activity improve.

All because you push more air into your respiratory system.

Man I would like some of that vigor to return lol. Last year it was like a switch got flipped.

Tell ya what, I go back Thursday, and I'll ask about the test.