The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Kiebs you doing any BBQing?

Started by weebles, June 23, 2017, 05:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

Don't do that stupid beer butt chicken shit....It's a gimmick and it can be dangerous. I've been saying it's a bad idea since I first heard of it. But people are dumb....  ac_unsure

http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_technique/debunking_beer_can_chicken.html">http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_techniq ... icken.html">http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_technique/debunking_beer_can_chicken.html
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"
That rub, oak chips for smoke, 10 hours on the pit.....those ends were unbelievable.

I've been grilling like crazy lately. Ever try Jack Daniel wood chips?
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Renee"Don't do that stupid beer butt chicken shit....

Nah do beer burgers lol. A friend use to pour a lil beer on burgers and serve 'em. They were great. One day I saw him doing it, "You wasnt suppose to see my secret!" lolol.

ac_drinks

kiebers

Quote from: "Blazor"
That rub, oak chips for smoke, 10 hours on the pit.....those ends were unbelievable.

No I have not. I can imagine that it would be a unique flavor. They are oak which is a plus. Thinking how they would work on coals though. Chips tend to burn fast. May have to put them in the charcoal basket and set next to the coals...not sure.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

I'm having soup warmed in a microwave for lunch.

:ththbored:

Blazor

No I have not. I can imagine that it would be a unique flavor. They are oak which is a plus. Thinking how they would work on coals though. Chips tend to burn fast. May have to put them in the charcoal basket and set next to the coals...not sure.

Yeah, for something you plan on cooking a long time, they might burn up quick. When I do steaks what I do is soak the chips for 30 minutes then drain 'em. They last a lot longer than throwing them on dry. Best steak you will ever have! I love those chips lol. My dad came over and I grilled steak, salmon, and shrimp and every time he ate a bite it was "mmmmmmmmm" "mmmmmmmm" lol. Told me I did better than he ever did.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"I'm having soup warmed in a microwave for lunch.

Awwww lol. Dont feel bad, I think I have soup for dinner one night on my menu lol. Its cheap dinner with some grilled cheese.

I have the same lunch almost every day unless there is leftovers. Turkey sammich and kashi crackers.

Tonight is grilled pork chops. Tomorrow is Taco Tuesday.

Renee

Soak them in water for about 12 hours and put them in a smoker box next to the coals. Let them steam.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"I'm having soup warmed in a microwave for lunch.

Awwww lol. Dont feel bad, I think I have soup for dinner one night on my menu lol. Its cheap dinner with some grilled cheese.

I have the same lunch almost every day unless there is leftovers. Turkey sammich and kashi crackers.

Tonight is grilled pork chops. Tomorrow is Taco Tuesday.

It's meatless Monday in our house..

Sichuan style tofu, eggplant, boy choy and cauliflower.

kiebers

Quote from: "Renee"

Soak them in water for about 12 hours and put them in a smoker box next to the coals. Let them steam.

The weber comes with containers that hold the charcoal for starting. Then we dump them out. Probably work good using those. We shall try them and see. My favorite wood is green pecan wood, won't hardly burn but smokes like crazy. We had a big brick pit that we smoked meat on. Took 24 hours to do a chicken, over 48 hours to do a ham.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

The weber comes with containers that hold the charcoal for starting. Then we dump them out. Probably work good using those. We shall try them and see. My favorite wood is green pecan wood, won't hardly burn but smokes like crazy. We had a big brick pit that we smoked meat on. Took 24 hours to do a chicken, over 48 hours to do a ham.

I know low and slow is best, but that is nuts.

weebles

Quote from: "weebles"thinking of giving this a try this weekend supposed to be nice  perfect BBQing weather outhere great for some BBQ Burgers and some Ice Cold Beers. :thumbup1:

wondering if you gave this Recipe a try?

Just came out of the foil and gonna get a little crust built up now with that peach sauce.

">

">
Bang Kiebs looks nice just  cooking up some burgers on the grill as we speak  trying out Cattle Boys Maple Chipoltle BBQ sauce  should be good.

To BBQ season  cheers  ac_drinks

Anonymous

Quote from: "weebles"
Quote from: "weebles"thinking of giving this a try this weekend supposed to be nice  perfect BBQing weather outhere great for some BBQ Burgers and some Ice Cold Beers. :thumbup1:

wondering if you gave this Recipe a try?

Just came out of the foil and gonna get a little crust built up now with that peach sauce.

">

">
Bang Kiebs looks nice just  cooking up some burgers on the grill as we speak  trying out Cattle Boys Maple Chipoltle BBQ sauce  should be good.

To BBQ season  cheers  ac_drinks
I've got 24 hours rest after I get back to Logan yard tomorrow. I'm grilling some cherry cola ribs.

kiebers

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I had gone to our little lake house and cut down a couple of small pecan trees. They were about 5 inch diameter. Cut them into about 2 foot pcs and brought it home. Had a piece of garden hose with a metal pipe on one end and the other went to an outlet on the gas water heater. Load up the logs and put it under the green pecan with about a 3 inch yellow flame and that was it. You could set your hand on the top of the pit without blistering. Some of the best tasting chicken I have ever eaten.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

I had gone to our little lake house and cut down a couple of small pecan trees. They were about 5 inch diameter. Cut them into about 2 foot pcs and brought it home. Had a piece of garden hose with a metal pipe on one end and the other went to an outlet on the gas water heater. Load up the logs and put it under the green pecan with about a 3 inch yellow flame and that was it. You could set your hand on the top of the pit without blistering. Some of the best tasting chicken I have ever eaten.

How long did it take until the chicken was done?