Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Marriage material

Started by shin, June 28, 2017, 06:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "shin"There should be a lot of things to consider when asking for someone's hand in marriage, since this person would be the one you choose to spend the rest of your life with.

...but if you were a teenager, or of a similar unexperienced age in life, what would be some snap judgements that would deem someone as marriage material?

They don't have to be immature notions, but I expect we aren't all looking to get married... so for those brave souls this could be an outlet for some tongue in cheek one liners, or even a picture if it conveys the right idea.

Is she hot? That's the only thing that matters to teenage boys.

I don't think teenagers think that much about marriage..

A century ago, yes, but in 2017 we have some thirty year olds still living with their parents.

The under thirty crowd does seem to have a problem making the transition to adulthood. I do empathize with them though. They have poor job prospects thanks to technology and especially mass immigration.

shin

When I was a teenager, I thought marriage was something that happened when the guy got the girl pregnant. Later I learned the term "shotgun wedding".

In my twenties, I thought if you were going steady with someone for over a year, you might just as well marry them.

In my thirties, I determined marriage wasn't for me after an unpleasant handful of experiences living with roommates.

Now, in my forties, I think a woman with shared experience who you share mutual trust with and find interesting on a physical and mental level, who has a similar level of responsibility/self-discipline, and who is sexually compatible would possibly change my mind about not wanting to get married.

Blazor

Quote from: "shin"

Now, in my forties, I think a woman with shared experience who you share mutual trust with and find interesting on a physical and mental level, who has a similar level of responsibility/self-discipline, and who is sexually compatible would possibly change my mind about not wanting to get married.

You just need to date a lil more again, then you'll change your tune back to your 30's perspective  :laugh:

But honestly though, if she were hugely compatible, I would prolly be a sucker again too lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"When I was a teenager, I thought marriage was something that happened when the guy got the girl pregnant. Later I learned the term "shotgun wedding".

In my twenties, I thought if you were going steady with someone for over a year, you might just as well marry them.

In my thirties, I determined marriage wasn't for me after an unpleasant handful of experiences living with roommates.

I suppose the longer one waits the harder it gets to say I do.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "shin"When I was a teenager, I thought marriage was something that happened when the guy got the girl pregnant. Later I learned the term "shotgun wedding".

Or, the easier it becomes to know what you truly want so you may avoid poor judgment. When we are young, we don't always know everything or see things for what they truly are.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Angry White Male

Here is all you have to know about life after getting married:

The man expects the woman to stay the same, which doesn't happen.

The woman expects the man to change, which doesn't happen.

This is exactly why the odds are in your favour that you'll eventually get divorced.  If you have any significant assets, remember to get a rock-solid pre-nup, as difficult as that may be to imagine ever being needed.

You'd be surprised just how fast women can go from being your best friend, to your worst enemy!

Take it from Ace, 'cause I'm tellin' it like it is!

Blazor

Not per say, I met my past wife at 16, a wedding was planned, mostly by her mom, stuff got fucked up, her mood was awful, and I cancelled the wedding. We did wind up getting married after 10 years of being together. After canceling her mood turned around. Years down the road after the marriage was another ball game.

I think after going through a bad marriage, one doesnt want to be married again... with exception to the rule. Someone coming out of a good marriage may have the opposite opinion, may even be devastated for quite some time. My mind was fucked for a while before and after. My friend finally broke me by taking me to the strip club lol. That cheered me up immensely lol. Think I went about 10 times back then. I was known as the $2 dollar bill guy cause I tipped in $2 dollar bills to the best ladies, as far as looks and performance. I miss that place to a degree. It really helped me back then, as far as mood, and building up courage to talk to other ladies. So dont down those places if they help someone  ac_drinks

Blazor

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Or, the easier it becomes to know what you truly want so you may avoid poor judgment. When we are young, we don't always know everything or see things for what they truly are.

ac_drinks

Blazor

Quote from: "Angry White Male"

As far as this, thats pretty close lol.

Its about compromise, and sometimes you give more than you get in return. Sometimes the opposite for some people.

shin

They seem happy together

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ufX3xLcX2rE/hqdefault.jpg">

GORDY GAMBINO

Quote from: "Blazor"

Not per say, I met my past wife at 16, a wedding was planned, mostly by her mom, stuff got fucked up, her mood was awful, and I cancelled the wedding. We did wind up getting married after 10 years of being together. After canceling her mood turned around. Years down the road after the marriage was another ball game.

I think after going through a bad marriage, one doesnt want to be married again... with exception to the rule. Someone coming out of a good marriage may have the opposite opinion, may even be devastated for quite some time. My mind was fucked for a while before and after. My friend finally broke me by taking me to the strip club lol. That cheered me up immensely lol. Think I went about 10 times back then. I was known as the $2 dollar bill guy cause I tipped in $2 dollar bills to the best ladies, as far as looks and performance. I miss that place to a degree. It really helped me back then, as far as mood, and building up courage to talk to other ladies. So dont down those places if they help someone  ac_drinks

Listen here mate get yo ass to Pattaya and you be king of da womanz.

Asian bitches are ok they do what ya want.

Or get saddled with a Renee back home.

No wonder Jack Daniels got invented.
RW = ANAL SIZE WHORE

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"

As far as this, thats pretty close lol.

Its about compromise, and sometimes you give more than you get in return. Sometimes the opposite for some people.

For Mel maybe.

Blazor

Quote from: "GORDY GAMBINO"
Listen here mate get yo ass to Pattaya and you be king of da womanz.

Sure looked like fun  :laugh:

Blazor

For Mel maybe.

Its actually like this for a lot of couples. They dont have an understanding of compromise, and so their relationships struggle.

Anonymous

For Mel maybe.

Its actually like this for a lot of couples. They dont have an understanding of compromise, and so their relationships struggle.

I'm not denying that Blazor..

But, I don't think Mel is right for a relationship period.