Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Congratulation Houston Astros

Started by kiebers, November 02, 2017, 12:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"No way. Entirely too many going. Quite a few didn't even make it. They opened up NRG (Texans) stadium parking so people could catch the light rail into downtown. Twenty minutes before the parade was going to start, there was a line in two directions that was over 2 miles long each.

:ohmy:

kiebers

They are estimating 750,000 were downtown. With those that got stuck all over town trying to get there I would imagine there were close to a million there or making the attempt.  

Fortunately there were no "issues" there. They had snipers on the buildings in case something happened. Lots of police on the ground mingling with the crowd. Had a few charged with criminal mischief for dancing on tops of vehicles and damaging them. Other than that no real problems. Antifa sure missed an opportunity to protest...that would have been hilarious...LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"They are estimating 750,000 were downtown. With those that got stuck all over town trying to get there I would imagine there were close to a million there or making the attempt.  

Fortunately there were no "issues" there. They had snipers on the buildings in case something happened. Lots of police on the ground mingling with the crowd. Had a few charged with criminal mischief for dancing on tops of vehicles and damaging them. Other than that no real problems. Antifa sure missed an opportunity to protest...that would have been hilarious...LOL

The islamists had no time to plan a party crash.

kiebers

Astros are on their way to the World Series again. American League Champions.

Beat the Yankees in the playoffs 4 games to 2.

Fireworks going off in our neighborhood in celebration.

:3cheerleader:  :3cheerleader:  :3cheerleader:
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Thiel

Quote from: "kiebers"Astros are on their way to the World Series again. American League Champions.

Party on Houston.
gay, conservative and proud

kiebers

Quote from: "Thiel"
Quote from: "kiebers"Astros are on their way to the World Series again. American League Champions.

Party on Houston.

LOLOL

Trust me, they will be partying hard the rest of the weekend....

Thiel

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Thiel"

Party on Houston.

LOLOL

Trust me, they will be partying hard the rest of the weekend....

If the Jets won the Stanley Cup, Winnipeg would be have a year long party.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"They are estimating 750,000 were downtown. With those that got stuck all over town trying to get there I would imagine there were close to a million there or making the attempt.  

Are you a baseball fan or a bandwagon jumper? I have seen a few Blue Jays games. Great entertainment.

Anonymous

Why are Jigaboos not playing baseball anymore.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"Why are Jigaboos not playing baseball anymore.

Everybody is scared of them holding bats. :laugh3:

kiebers

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Are you a baseball fan or a bandwagon jumper? I have seen a few Blue Jays? Great entertainment.

I'm a home town fan of all the Houston teams. Not to happy with the NBA as a whole right now...LOL  I am not as big a fan as my wife and son but I do pay attention to what's going on. The Astros came to Houston in 62 as the Colt 45's changed the name to Astros in 64. So I have been a fan since they got here.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Herman"Why are Jigaboos not playing baseball anymore.

Everybody is scared of them holding bats. :laugh3:

:001_rolleyes:

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
I'm a home town fan of all the Houston teams. Not to happy with the NBA as a whole right now...LOL  I am not as big a fan as my wife and son but I do pay attention to what's going on. The Astros came to Houston in 62 as the Colt 45's changed the name to Astros in 64. So I have been a fan since they got here.

That's the way I do it. I am a fan of all of Toronto's pro sports teams.

@realAzhyaAryola

My oldest son is rooting, of course, for the Nationals.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]