Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

My weekend starts right now!

Started by Superchecker, November 09, 2017, 03:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aryan

Quote from: "Fashionista"
As you know, you are talking to the wrong person about the pros of mixing  drugs and alcohol..

I don't try to be pretentious, but I simply don't understand why anyone would want to do that themselves..

That's all I'm going to say about it..

Anything more and I will seem judgmental.

It's an escape from reality for a couple of days after a week of work and toil in the human rat race.

There isn't much more to add to be honest....

Aryan

Quote from: "seoulbro"This thread is about Superchecker's weekend. I am not sure how he chooses to spend his weekend, but I doubt it's wasted on Jack and a rock of coke.

I'm surprised  you can see any of us down here while you're perched on that lofty pedestal you're clinging onto...  

I suspect you suffer from a severe case of small man (and dick) syndrome.  

Just out of curiosity, how tall are you?   :laugh3:

Bricktop

I still wanna know how you afford that top shelf tiddly???

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I still wanna know how you afford that top shelf tiddly???

I was wondering that myself..

Maybe, it's just how Hollywood portrays it,  but I thought cocaine was very expensive.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SCOUSE"
As you know, you are talking to the wrong person about the pros of mixing  drugs and alcohol..

I don't try to be pretentious, but I simply don't understand why anyone would want to do that themselves..

That's all I'm going to say about it..

Anything more and I will seem judgmental.

It's an escape from reality for a couple of days after a week of work and toil in the human rat race.

There isn't much more to add to be honest....

Okay SCOUSE.

ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"
I remember iron horse jockey writing  that Canadian Pacific has a spareboard for junior conductors and locomotive engineers..

Does your transit company have that Superchecker?

Yes, we too have a spareboard. They cover any uncovered work. They choose their days off 4 times a year. They can go in and pick their next days work up until 3pm, or just be slotted in in seniority order by the depot staff.

One of the perks of spareboard is that they get first crack at overtime.

We have three spareboards; one for yard assignments, one for road trips and a third one that is a combination of the two.

Employees on a spareboard receive a guaranteed bi-weekly salary whether they work or not. But, they must be available on two hours notice. They can book 24 hours rest after trips or 8 hours after yard switching assignments. There's rarely overtime available for hourly switching jobs and road trips pay by the mile and length of the consist.

I am so glad I am in a road pool now and I know when I am working within a few hours.

Superchecker

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
We have three spareboards; one for yard assignments, one for road trips and a third one that is a combination of the two.

Employees on a spareboard receive a guaranteed bi-weekly salary whether they work or not. But, they must be available on two hours notice. They can book 24 hours rest after trips or 8 hours after yard switching assignments. There's rarely overtime available for hourly switching jobs and road trips pay by the mile and length of the consist.

I am so glad I am in a road pool now and I know when I am working within a few hours.

Conventional/big bus has just one spareboard. You choose your 2 days off each week/5 sheets per year.

Each day, Prior to 3pm the day before, you can either choose/sign a shift, or be assigned a shift based on your seniority.

If you let the depot assign you a shift: The most senior driver gets the earliest finish time, and they go thru the list with the newest/most junior driver working the latest finish time.

If a driver more senior to you chooses to sign/work a later finish time, that bumps you up to the next latest finish time.

We have shifts that finish as early as 10:50am; and a wide variety of finish times thru out the clock to as late as 5:30am the next morning.

On occasion, there are more drivers than work, so they might end up with just a part shift/tripper, or even be able to pass without actually driving.

Drivers working afternoon shifts can  "X" themselves for morning overtime. Drivers working early shifts can leave their name and number on afternoon overtime availability list.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Your spareboards are more predictable than our road trip spareboard. If someone is on the yard assignment board usually you know when you're working. For example, if you're on a 23:59 at Logan you would work midnight to 8 am Monday night/Tuesday morning for five shifts and be off for two days starting Saturday morning. Your shift for the following week could switch to afternoons at the end of your days off.

kiebers

Quote from: "kiebers"Good for you. Wife is taking off tomorrow. We thawed a brisket and this morning I put the rub on it. Doing a whole brisket this time. We normally cut them in half. Going to start it early in the morning and slow cook it around 10-12 hours. We have friends coming over Saturday and will put out our typical brisket, potato salad and cowboy beans to chow down on. It is going to be good....I will take a few pics and post them.

Have a good one Sup....

Coming along quite nicely...About half way there.

https://i.imgur.com/ts9SO7V.jpg?1">
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Aryan

Quote from: "Bricktop"I still wanna know how you afford that top shelf tiddly???

Whats the matter, does that pension of yours not stretch as far as you had hoped?  :laugh3:

Aslong as I only have it once or twice a month, I can easily afford the stuff....

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"
Coming along quite nicely...About half way there.

Yuuuuuuuum yum!

Lookin' damn good man.

Im havin' frozen burritos tonight lol. Thought I would eat before grocery shopping. Cause you know how it is going hungry!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Whats the matter, does that pension of yours not stretch as far as you had hoped?  :laugh3:

Aslong as I only have it once or twice a month, I can easily afford the stuff....

I drink about $50 worth of shine each month, $40 if its on sale that month lol. Gonna get me a bottle tonight.

Bricktop

I have a shelf full of single malts, boutique gins and Crystal Skull.

But I'm not a scouser.

I'll bet you and some chums team up at the local SPAR...one or two do the diversion while you jam the bottles in your anorak and leg it, leaving poor old Shadiq yelling and screaming for plod.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

I drink about $50 worth of shine each month, $40 if its on sale that month lol. Gonna get me a bottle tonight.

What is alcohol per cent of moonshine?

Blazor

What is alcohol per cent of moonshine?

The kind I get is 64% weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  :laugh:

This is the one I get, Blue Flame.....

http://s3.olesmokymoonshine.com/cache/245x507-ADAPTIVE-100/2015/11/OSM_blue_flame5.png">

This one I like this time of year, Apple Pie, VERY tasty, its only 20%....

http://s3.olesmokymoonshine.com/cache/245x507-ADAPTIVE-100/2015/11/OSM_apple_pie_4010.png">