The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Our 60" TV died.

Started by Bricktop, January 30, 2018, 07:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Ours was a plasma..its time was up.

Always heard plasma wouldnt last as long, and thats what made my mind up to get the LCD back then.

Plasma tv's get very hot and no they don't last as long..

But, the picture quality is better than LCD in my opinion.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Curved screens suck anyway.

What's wrong with them?

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Curved screens suck anyway.

What's wrong with them?

I don't like how they change viewing perception. Give me a flat window any day.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Most reviewers heap scorn on curved screens that actually LIMIT viewing rather than enhancing. Here, curved screens are in the bargain bin.

Blazor

But, to me they dont curve enough. Even before a curved screen came out, I always wanted to see a 180 screen, for gaming. So that one could look left or right without actually having to turn your viewing/directional stick. If it worked the same with a movie... like extra viewing footage to left and right, I would think it could work out.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Most reviewers heap scorn on curved screens that actually LIMIT viewing rather than enhancing. Here, curved screens are in the bargain bin.

Perhaps I'll take a closer look next time I see one.

Bricktop

They are a gimmick...nothing more...

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"They are a gimmick...nothing more...

Kinda like 3D tvs, waste.

Ever see any of the Hobbit movies at the theater, in the double frame rate 3D!? I wish they made ALL 3D like that!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

cc

Square 1. Curve has a focal point. If you are exactly at that point, it's great.

Not at that point " actually LIMIT viewing rather than enhancing" is correct

They are not a flyer

We just got 50 Sony 4k for very competitive price - Never was a Sony cultist, but Love It
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Square 1. Curve has a focal point. If you are exactly at that point, it's great.

Not at that point " actually LIMIT viewing rather than enhancing" is correct

They are not a flyer

We just got 50 Sony 4k for very competitive price - Never was a Sony cultist, but Love It

For a couple that is okay. If you have guests over watching a game, that won't do.

cc

Actually not necessarily so - the sweet spot is not always reachable on a TV - one has to be on or inside the center of the curve

Also for christmas Santa brought me an LG 29" 21:9 UltraWide Curved LED Monitor (29" Diagonal) - shallow curve

http://www.lg.com/uk/images/MN/features/PDP_29UC88_07_M03A_d.jpg">

Ratio is 21 X 9

I know. Y'all hate me now  :sad:

These work as one is well inside the center point of the curve

I had tried the flat ultrawide, but it always felt the ends were sliding away from me - exchanged it for this one and it  works great

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Actually not necessarily so - the sweet spot is not always reachable on a TV - one has to be on or inside the center of the curve

Also for christmas Santa brought me an LG 29" 21:9 UltraWide Curved LED Monitor (29" Diagonal) - shallow curve

http://www.lg.com/uk/images/MN/features/PDP_29UC88_07_M03A_d.jpg">

Ratio is 21 / 9

I know. Y'all hate me now

These work as one is well inside the center point of the curve

We have no plans to get a curved TV, but we might change our minds if we watched one for a while and compared.

cc

Not too impressed by curved TVs I've seen so far, We really do like the flat Sony 50 4K we got though

but for extensive computer work the  shallow curve ultawides are great

I can run AutoCAD, type Blue Cashew and view the "special" pics you sent me  :laugh: ... all viewable at the same time on one screen

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc"
I know. Y'all hate me now  :sad:

Yup.

:sneaky2:

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Not too impressed by curved TVs I've seen so far, We really do like the flat Sony 50 4K we got though

but for extensive computer work the  shallow curve ultawides are great

I can run AutoCAD, type Blue Cashew and view the "special" pics you sent me  :laugh: ... all viewable at the same time on one screen

Is iron horse jockey sending you special pictures again.

:laugh: