The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Body cam of our police officers

Started by Zetsu, January 31, 2018, 10:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"I think some people are drawn to being cops because they are dicks who want to control people.,  Some are okay people but turn into dicks because controlling others can have that effect on certain people.  But I think most want to become cops so they can make a better world, by putting bad people away, which of course needs to happen.

I have found that just like most people if you treat them nicely, usually they'll treat you the same.  if you are confrontational and angry, you will get the same back.   But then that's how must of us behave.

I use to want to be an officer. Mom made me join the jr. cadet program when I was 15, thought it would keep me out of trouble. I had a good time while there, but it also made me decide I didnt want to be a cop. Because there is a mixed breed of officers. You've got some that honestly want to do good, and help others. Then there are the others that you mention, that are power trippers and take pleasure in being a dick. These days, its even worse, because the Andy and Barney days are over, and now they are brainwashed during training. They are taught to watch for certain things, that shouldnt even matter. Like telling them that patriots are to be considered terrorists. I seen video of it, saying that our founding fathers were terrorists. I could go on and on. A police force is a mixed bag in my opinion. I try and think there are still some good ones out there, but the Andy's are fading fast.

I guess no one is perfect, but imo even the cops that want to practice their power or authority on some people are still critically needed to keep the society safe.  Though I don't really mind as long as they're just doing the same thing of what all other police officer are doing.  Plus lets be honest here, most people choose their jobs based on their personal interest, I mean my brother joined the army b/c when he was young he really like tanks, guns, fighter jets, etc and I'm responsible for quality control and massive ammount of data management that can't have room for error since I have OCD, lol.
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Wazzzup"If I were a cop I would be very worried that I might mistakenly shoot an unarmed person picking up a cell phone or, worse, not take the shot and get shot myself.  I don't envy having to make that split second choice, I'm glad my job and life will never depend on it.

That's the same kind of feeling I have too about our police, after seeing this body cam clip, I don't think I'll be in teh mood to watch some action films or anime for a while, and now I can understand why Bricktop isn't really into some movies/animes either, I mean one is real, and you know the other is fiction and just for entertainment purposes.

I would imagine there are police officers who  like action films even though they sometimes live them.

I guess some do enjoy the adrenaline as someone had mentioned before, but after watching these body cam clips, now I really know that most movies are mainly just for "entertainment" purposes, nothing else... at least imo.  When I was a few years younger I still idolize the characters and machines in anime and believe this is how elite disciplinary forces perform in real life, but now that's not exactly the case.  Even horror films can't get worst than what we've just seen in body cam clip, b/c we all know one is fiction and one is real, and in the clip it's one of the very few times I've seen such cunning deception performed by the suspect.

Anonymous

Quotenow I really know that most movies are mainly just for "entertainment" purposes, nothing else... at least imo

Was there ever any doubt about that Zetsu.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quotenow I really know that most movies are mainly just for "entertainment" purposes, nothing else... at least imo

Was there ever any doubt about that Zetsu.

Lol the animes I used to watch felt like there's a lot of brainwashing, trying to express to their viewers that it's right to be just and vigilant, before I started watching animes and had mental disorder I used to be a passive peaceful kid and could never imaging having to fight opponents that are physically taller and stronger than me or against the odds or ones that are complete strangers, just nothing but pure brainwashing.  ac_umm

Bricktop

I use to want to be an officer. Mom made me join the jr. cadet program when I was 15, thought it would keep me out of trouble. I had a good time while there, but it also made me decide I didnt want to be a cop. Because there is a mixed breed of officers. You've got some that honestly want to do good, and help others. Then there are the others that you mention, that are power trippers and take pleasure in being a dick. These days, its even worse, because the Andy and Barney days are over, and now they are brainwashed during training. They are taught to watch for certain things, that shouldnt even matter. Like telling them that patriots are to be considered terrorists. I seen video of it, saying that our founding fathers were terrorists. I could go on and on. A police force is a mixed bag in my opinion. I try and think there are still some good ones out there, but the Andy's are fading fast.

I'm proud of my 25 years service.

But if anyone I know says "I want to be a police officer" I'd do everything I could to dissuade them.

Its a shit job, heavily politicised, and utterly unrewarding.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

But if anyone I know says "I want to be a police officer" I'd do everything I could to dissuade them.

There are aspects of police enforcement my brother doesn't like either, but he finds it rewarding.

Bricktop

I probably overstated the "unrewarding" remark.

I think it is more accurate to say that the degree of respect and gratitude that you used to feel decades ago isn't as profound...instead you get more of Freuds idiocy thrown at you. I believe that modern cops have to be very much more senstitive to political correctness than we ever were...it didn't exist back then. And I have never accepted that feminising the police force was a positive move.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I probably overstated the "unrewarding" remark.

I think it is more accurate to say that the degree of respect and gratitude that you used to feel decades ago isn't as profound...instead you get more of Freuds idiocy thrown at you. I believe that modern cops have to be very much more senstitive to political correctness than we ever were...it didn't exist back then. And I have never accepted that feminising the police force was a positive move.

Okay, I see what you mean.

Blazor

I guess no one is perfect, but imo even the cops that want to practice their power or authority on some people are still critically needed to keep the society safe.  Though I don't really mind as long as they're just doing the same thing of what all other police officer are doing.  Plus lets be honest here, most people choose their jobs based on their personal interest, I mean my brother joined the army b/c when he was young he really like tanks, guns, fighter jets, etc and I'm responsible for quality control and massive ammount of data management that can't have room for error since I have OCD, lol.

Lol, I almost joined the army, I was a lot like your brother, actually I wanted to be a fighter pilot but my eyesight wouldnt let me cause it had to be perfect. I was also artsy in school, so I guess thats how I ended up doing what I do.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"

Good job man  :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

You're right, its heavily politicized (not politicised) these days... grammar nazi!  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Zetsu

Lol, I almost joined the army, I was a lot like your brother, actually I wanted to be a fighter pilot but my eyesight wouldnt let me cause it had to be perfect. I was also artsy in school, so I guess thats how I ended up doing what I do.

Hmm now that you've mentioned it lol, I remember my brother too once wasn't able to get hired for a job due to his vision, he also practices Judo and Kungfu and was also a into arts like drawing, assembling and painting Gundam models.  :001_tongue:

Wazzzup

Sure there are some bad ones, but There are a lot of good cops out there. a lot of them doing a job most arm chair quarterbacks would never have the guts to do.'

'I feel bad for the good ones, in the era of black lives matter rioting filth, cops are all called racists and all that crap, and they aren't even  allowed to speak back to it. (ive seen some cops say stuff about BLM and get sfired or suspended)

bashing helps nothing, and probably makes things worse.  We need a police force.  Would the cop bashers do away with police altogether? that would be ridiculous anrachy.  

Things like more cameras are what is needed, more dash cams, and body cams, cameras in interrogation rooms, ways to hold bad cops accountable, mindless bashing serves no purpose.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"Sure there are some bad ones, but There are a lot of good cops out there. a lot of them doing a job most arm chair quarterbacks would never have the guts to do.'

'I feel bad for the good ones, in the era of black lives matter rioting filth, cops are all called racists and all that crap, and they aren't even  allowed to speak back to it. (ive seen some cops say stuff about BLM and get sfired or suspended)

bashing helps nothing, and probably makes things worse.  We need a police force.  Would the cop bashers do away with police altogether? that would be ridiculous anrachy.  

Things like more cameras are what is needed, more dash cams, and body cams, cameras in interrogation rooms, ways to hold bad cops accountable, mindless bashing serves no purpose.

A cop's job has been politicized. In the US, they have to sit back and let violent antifa and BLM anarchists flout the law. In Europe, they are afraid to enforce laws in no go zones for fear of being labelled islamophobes.

Bricktop

Governments are frightened to use force to protect their population. They would rather the inmates take over the asylum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Governments are frightened to use force to protect their population. They would rather the inmates take over the asylum.

Seems so, especially if the inmates are members of islamic ideology.