News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

I've been staring at this drink box for a couple of minutes...

Started by Angry White Male, April 23, 2018, 06:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Not ours.

We grow our own, 365 days a year.

It would interesting to compare your retail produce prices to our own.

Bananas $1.99 a kilo.

Apples and pears $2.99 a kilo.

Oranges can vary...usually around $1.99 a kilo but you can buy 5 kg bags for $3.

Melons fluctuate but around $1 a kilo, often less.

Grapes around $2 a kilo.

Strawberries the same.

Blueberries are still seasonal...around $4 a kilo.

Mangoes around $4 each.

Pineapples the same.

Avocados are all over the place. You get 3 for $4 at Aldi's.

Stone fruits are still seasonal...and so orchardists tend to stay away from them. Once you could get them for silly money, but growers preferred a less seasonal crop and most of the orchards were replaced. So now they are expensive, even though they grow like weeds and bear tonnes of fruit.

With the exceptions of bananas, pineapples, mangos and avacados produce prices are lower in Australia.

Some of his prices are a bit off. Add on average about 25% to them all.

Some seem low. Grapes for example.

Bricktop

Frood

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Not ours.

We grow our own, 365 days a year.

It would interesting to compare your retail produce prices to our own.

Bananas $1.99 a kilo.

Apples and pears $2.99 a kilo.

Oranges can vary...usually around $1.99 a kilo but you can buy 5 kg bags for $3.

Melons fluctuate but around $1 a kilo, often less.

Grapes around $2 a kilo.

Strawberries the same.

Blueberries are still seasonal...around $4 a kilo.

Mangoes around $4 each.

Pineapples the same.

Avocados are all over the place. You get 3 for $4 at Aldi's.

Stone fruits are still seasonal...and so orchardists tend to stay away from them. Once you could get them for silly money, but growers preferred a less seasonal crop and most of the orchards were replaced. So now they are expensive, even though they grow like weeds and bear tonnes of fruit.

With the exceptions of bananas, pineapples, mangos and avacados produce prices are lower in Australia.

Some of his prices are a bit off. Add on average about 25% to them all.

Some seem low. Grapes for example.

Grapes are seldom below 3.00 a kilo in season and often upwards of 8-10.00 out of season.

Blueberries are never 4.00 a kilo unless it's a kids stand in a rural road. Punnets are 200gm in the shops usually and go for between 3-5.00.

Aldi avocados are small, rock hard, never Hass always Shepard. Average avo price for a Hass is 2-5 dollars.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"Never been to Costco, have you, sport?

Have been. Like Aldi, poor quality and limited selection.

Prices aren't very good often. I turfed our membership. Wasn't worth the cost.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Costco quality is as good as anywhere, especially the meat.

Fruit and veg is also good quality.

Where do you shop? Your local Coles servo?

Frood

Various shops and markets. I go where the quality and value are.

Never Costco and seldom Aldi.

As for servos,  :001_rolleyes:

Pull your finger out.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

What's this strange bumping I feel on my leg???

Oh...its Freud.

http://www.kronosrising.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/dog-humping-leg.jpg">

Angry White Male

I let my Costco membership lapse.

The problem with Costco, is that much of their goods are sold in large, 'family sized' quantities.

As a single person, I just don't consume enough of anything to warrant 'family sized' quantities.

They did sell smokes for a pretty decent price though...

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I let my Costco membership lapse.

The problem with Costco, is that much of their goods are sold in large, 'family sized' quantities.

As a single person, I just don't consume enough of anything to warrant 'family sized' quantities.

They did sell smokes for a pretty decent price though...

They were good for some non perishable goods and things like their massive egg trays but yes, it's better for people running takeaway shops or who have large families or don't care about quality over quantity.

I don't blame Bricktop for getting his nose out of joint. He and his wife probably live on 6 eggs a day and two minute noodles at their age and pension levels.

Obviously, he has no idea about going prices on fresh produce and meat.
Blahhhhhh...

Angry White Male

I would assume that Bricktop just loafs around the house, making his wife do all the shopping anyhow...  so, he may be reverting back to memories from 10 years ago or so, when he last entered a grocery store.

Frood

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I would assume that Bricktop just loafs around the house, making his wife do all the shopping anyhow...  so, he may be reverting back to memories from 10 years ago or so, when he last entered a grocery store.

Have you seen those photos of him posing with his grandchild at a motor event? He had mankles. Loafing would be too energetic for him.  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I would assume that Bricktop just loafs around the house, making his wife do all the shopping anyhow...  so, he may be reverting back to memories from 10 years ago or so, when he last entered a grocery store.

I would  assume you wish you had a wife so you could be a total shut-in.

Bricktop

Have you seen those photos of him posing with his grandchild at a motor event? He had mankles. Loafing would be too energetic for him.  ac_biggrin

Here's an idea.

Post a picture of yourself.

So we can see what perfection looks like.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Herman"I would  assume you wish you had a wife so you could be a total shut-in.

I would assume you would wish that you weren't a drunken White Nigger.

YOUR fucking people cried to the government of Canada, to get the 'multiculturalism kick' started.

YOUR fucking people, you piece of shit.

And you have the nerve to call me a whiner, you fucking white nigger?

Go back to Eastern Europe, you fucking piece of shit.  And take the rest of your fucking scum with you.