News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Seatbelts, Commercial Vehicles, and Cops...

Started by Chuck Bronson, July 11, 2018, 02:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Bed is OK, as long as the tether prevents dog from jumping out of bed.  That's why they implemented the rule, as a couple of dogs had jumped out to their deaths...

My husband's company truck has a big tool box in the back and usually parts on the floor of the bed..

There's more room in the cab.

:laugh:

Chuck Bronson

Sometimes the bed is best.  My friends dog managed to find a rotten fish (which I found) to roll around in, and it came running back reeking of rotten fish.

In the bed it went, and then a hose-down at the car wash for him!

caskur

We have a truck Ford F-250 1971 model... I absolutely HATE it. I can't WAIT until it stops blocking my driveway...
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"We have a truck Ford F-250 1971 model... I absolutely HATE it. I can't WAIT until it stops blocking my driveway...

Restored?

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "caskur"We have a truck Ford F-250 1971 model... I absolutely HATE it. I can't WAIT until it stops blocking my driveway...

I briefly owned a 1978 F-250 a few years back!  2 wheel drive.  400 ci engine.  4-speed manual.  Regular cab.

I was trying to rallye race the fucking thing off road, while fairly impaired!  Ended up rolling it off the edge of the dirt road!  Rolled one and a half times, then came to rest against a tree!

Good thing I only paid $600 for it!    :laugh:

Frood

Those old utes are worth thousands of dollars here.
Blahhhhhh...

Chuck Bronson

Old pickups like an old Ford are a dime a dozen here...  Lots of them around.

Nobody wants them, as you'll need a second mortgage just to fuel them up!

caskur

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Restored?

Yep... with duel wheels.... he took out the bench seat and put bucket seats in...
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Old pickups like an old Ford are a dime a dozen here...  Lots of them around.

Nobody wants them, as you'll need a second mortgage just to fuel them up!

Our petrol stations also sell auto LPG for conversions. It's a lot cheaper to burn LPG.
Blahhhhhh...

Chuck Bronson

Most do here too.  Only problem with LPG is you lose a bit of power...

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Restored?

Yep... with duel wheels.... he took out the bench seat and put bucket seats in...

I had thought about buying an old car, maybe a Malibu or a Chevelle and fully restoring it But, I will be retired in five and a half years and living in Panama. It would be one more thing I'd have to sell.

Chuck Bronson

Unless you'd want to pay to have it shipped over there with you...

Frood

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Most do here too.  Only problem with LPG is you lose a bit of power...

We have performance LPG mechanic shops around and some of our new cars are dedicated LPG from the manufacturer. Older conversions sometimes suffer power loss but not if done professionally.
Blahhhhhh...

Chuck Bronson

LPG will always produce less power than gasoline.  It cannot be avoided.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"Unless you'd want to pay to have it shipped over there with you...

Not a chance. I'll get carjacked.