The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Why we are on the verge of collapse...

Started by Bricktop, July 27, 2018, 10:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

I hope this works...

">

Watch until around 13.15. No better summary of why we are in deep trouble have I ever heard.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"I hope this works...

">

Watch until around 13.15. No better summary of why we are in deep trouble have I ever heard.
About elites who are out of touch with average people forcing their will on all of us.

Anonymous

">

He mentions some global problems that are being ignored.

JOE

">

Growing prison populations a sure sign the elites hide from societal problems.

They conveniently shield themselves pretending they've 'solved' a problem only to make it worse in the long run.

Its also a sign the elites are becoming afraid of the masses rising up against them and that the only wsy to control them is to spy on them or throw them in prisons.

Anonymous

Quote from: "JOE"

">

Growing prison populations a sure sign the elites hide from societal problems.

They conveniently shield themselves pretending they've 'solved' a problem only to make it worse in the long run.

Its also a sign the elites are becoming afraid of the masses rising up against them and that the only wsy to control them is to spy on them or throw them in prisons.
Prison isn't necessary. Ostracization, shaming and other forms of social bullying are more cost effective.

Bricktop

The elites hiding behind barred fencing foisting their ideological irrationality on us all.

Utterly separate from the consequences...heralding the collapse of our society if we don't take the power back from them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"The elites hiding behind barred fencing foisting their ideological irrationality on us all.

Utterly separate from the consequences...heralding the collapse of our society if we don't take the power back from them.

Climate change is one example where they want to burden average people while they continue to live lifestyles more carbon intensive than ten middle class families.

Bricktop

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"And probably the BEST example.

It's definitely up there.

Chuck Bronson

To counter this thread, I wouldn't say we are on the verge of collapse.  Sometime in the distant future, perhaps, but not anytime soon...

The quality of life, all things considered, has never been better for almost all of the peoples on this already overpopulated Earth.

Bricktop

Fair comment.

For any real uprising, there needs to be more than political unrest. There needs to be deprivation.

Chuck Bronson

Of course there does.  As long as food is on the plate, there isn't much of a risk of real social upheaval...

Chuck Bronson

My Grandparents grew up in 1930's Germany.  Shit was bad there in the 1930's, but shit was bad everywhere in the 1930's.

And it was bad.  My grandfather had no problems with jumping on a Nazi ship at 14, because there was NOTHING else to do.  You had to feed yourself.

My Grandmother ate shit cuts of meat almost until her death.  SHIT CUTS that butchers now just throw in the trash or turn into pet food...  She said you don't know what hunger feels like, and I can see her point...  She just could never forget how things were back in the 1930's, even at the end here when she had money to buy any food product she wanted to.

JOE

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
My Grandmother ate shit cuts of meat almost until her death.  SHIT CUTS that butchers now just throw in the trash or turn into pet food...  She said you don't know what hunger feels like, and I can see her point...  She just could never forget how things were back in the 1930's, even at the end here when she had money to buy any food product she wanted to.

Is that why yesteryear' s women were all so petite and thin.

Must be that starvation diet.

Truth be known, they're often more physically attractive than their granddaughters.

I've been to functions where all those old ladies sport hourglass figures while the new generation of 20 or 30 something's are so big fat and rotund.

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"The elites hiding behind barred fencing foisting their ideological irrationality on us all.

Those elites use police and military forces to do their bidding. People who draw pensions in their later age or who say 'just following orders' when they fondly look back at a career of penalizing victimless crimes invented by the cops' employer.

Stay on the fence or get off. Just don't try to keep straddling it.
Blahhhhhh...

Print
User actions