The best topic

Replies: 10552
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:18:03 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Do you travel- vacation much?

Started by Superchecker, September 14, 2018, 08:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"
Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"I have traveled in the past.  Now I don't travel.  I am too busy with work, and have no time to leave for a significant amount of time.

Where would you like to vacation/explore?

Where would you like to go that you have never been? I'd like to see the Southern countries of South America. Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, Paraguay and Chile.

Chuck Bronson

St. Helena.  Provided planes still cannot land there.  THAT trip would take a fair amount of determination getting there the 'old fashioned' way...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"St. Helena.  Provided planes still cannot land there.  THAT trip would take a fair amount of determination getting there the 'old fashioned' way...

That's an exotic location.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "Fashionista"That's an exotic location.

One of the most remote locations in the World.  They built an airstrip, but it was put out of service due to wind shear and poor design.  I don't know if it's running again.

If not, St. Helena is truly one difficult place to visit!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"That's an exotic location.

One of the most remote locations in the World.  They built an airstrip, but it was put out of service due to wind shear and poor design.  I don't know if it's running again.

If not, St. Helena is truly one difficult place to visit!

You should get your travel feet wet first. A week in Cuba or the Dominican Republic for example.

Chuck Bronson

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"You should get your travel feet wet first. A week in Cuba or the Dominican Republic for example.

I've traveled in the past...  Mexican cruise, been to Germany once.  Couple trips to Vegas.

Need to find a significant other to give me motivation to see more places.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"You should get your travel feet wet first. A week in Cuba or the Dominican Republic for example.

I've traveled in the past...  Mexican cruise, been to Germany once.  Couple trips to Vegas.

Need to find a significant other to give me motivation to see more places.

IHJ is right, they are good places for single male travellers. I have a girlfriend, but when I was single it didn't stop me from doing what I wanted to do.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Superchecker"
Quote from: "Zetsu"Usually I fly back to HK just to visit my family, though I haven't went on a real vacation for years.

Where would you like to vacation?

Tbh I haven't thought much about it, but if I get to choose I'd like to travel to Africa, Tokyo/Kyoto Japan again, Taiwan, Thailand and maybe even Antarctica.

Which countries in Africa would like to see Zetsu?

Hmm probably the rural side with lots of wildlife, maybe Nigeria or visit Somalia, where one of my friends lives at, lol.

Quote from: "Zetsu"and maybe even Antarctica.

There is nothing there.  Nothing.  Nothing but cold...  People don't belong there, except for research purposes!

But there's these super fat penguins, and there's like thousands of them.  ac_cool
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Bricktop

Hmmm...countries I've visited...

France

Belgium

Holland

Switzerland

Italy

UK

US

Yemen

Egypt

India

Vanuatu

Indonesia

Thailand

Singapore

Cambodia

Malaysia

I love France, Italy, Singapore and of course my homeland, the UK.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Hmmm...countries I've visited...

France

Belgium

Holland

Switzerland

Italy

UK

US

Yemen

Egypt

India

Vanuatu

Indonesia

Thailand

Singapore

Cambodia

Malaysia

I love France, Italy, Singapore and of course my homeland, the UK.

That's an impressive list. Only continents left out are South America and Antarctica.

Bricktop

The chances of going to those are slim to none.

Next holiday is back to Scotland...by then I'm touching 70.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"The chances of going to those are slim to none.

Next holiday is back to Scotland...by then I'm touching 70.

Scotland has some beuatifully rugged coastlines, but I don't know if that would be the place I'd want to see more than once.

ac_umm

Bricktop

We're going to Shetland next. The furthermost northern point of the UK.

There is much to see and do in Scotland...and the UK, to be honest.

However, the drawcard for us, as the years close in, is that we are in our homeland and feel comfortable there. Naturally we have family as well.

I've loved visiting other nations, but in the modern world, international travel is becoming more and more an activity for the young. Airports are onerous and stressful. Every aircraft is full. Tourists are seen either as wallets on legs or terrorists.

It's nice to just get off the plane, and be in familiar yet exciting surroundings.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"We're going to Shetland next. The furthermost northern point of the UK.

There is much to see and do in Scotland...and the UK, to be honest.

However, the drawcard for us, as the years close in, is that we are in our homeland and feel comfortable there. Naturally we have family as well.

I've loved visiting other nations, but in the modern world, international travel is becoming more and more an activity for the young. Airports are onerous and stressful. Every aircraft is full. Tourists are seen either as wallets on legs or terrorists.

It's nice to just get off the plane, and be in familiar yet exciting surroundings.

I can understand that.