Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

my last work day until January 2/Christmas plans

Started by Anonymous, December 14, 2018, 03:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Vancouver

Quote from: "Gaon"This may surprise some people, but my wife and I have a Christmas tree in our apartment.

We both bought small toys, games and candies to put in my daughter's red Christmas stocking. We will roast a ham on Christmas day.

On Orthodox Christmas in January, we will have caviar sandwiches, chicken with potatoes, and kotletis.

Wow. Really festive even though you're not Christian.
Time is malleable

Gaon

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "Gaon"This may surprise some people, but my wife and I have a Christmas tree in our apartment.

We both bought small toys, games and candies to put in my daughter's red Christmas stocking. We will roast a ham on Christmas day.

On Orthodox Christmas in January, we will have caviar sandwiches, chicken with potatoes, and kotletis.

Wow. Really festive even though you're not Christian.

Your reaction is typical. Most people are shocked that we celebrate Christmas. I say when in Rome.

Hey, do you mind if I call you Van Guy?
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

This shocks me.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Zetsu"My brother and I have been kinda busy lately during the past few days, but we finally got nearly all the work done.

My sister in law and her mom will be coming over to Toronto during Christmas to see the aurora lights, though I won't be going with them.  Maybe it's time I should pay my best friend a visit this Xmas... only met up with him once every year since he moved to the US.  ac_unsure

So, are you going to the USA over Christmas?

tbh I haven't planned it out yet, but most likely he'll come over to Toronto during Christmas to visit him family, think it's time I give him a call and see how's things going for him.  ac_cool
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Zetsu"My brother and I have been kinda busy lately during the past few days, but we finally got nearly all the work done.

My sister in law and her mom will be coming over to Toronto during Christmas to see the aurora lights, though I won't be going with them.  Maybe it's time I should pay my best friend a visit this Xmas... only met up with him once every year since he moved to the US.  ac_unsure

tbh I haven't planned it out yet, but most likely he'll come over to Toronto during Christmas to visit him family, think it's time I give him a call and see how's things going for him.  ac_cool

You absolutely should  give him a call Zetsu.

ac_smile

Zetsu

Quote from: "Blazor"

Oooo, I would love to see the aurora lights some time in my life.

I feel ya, my brother was kinda like my best friend, and I only see him once a year, then he comes here once a year, which I think is in a few weeks. Which state he in?

He's working at New Jersey, he really like the life there, though stress at his work place has been creeping up to him lately, maybe it's time I should buy him something since I really haven't seen him in quite a while.

I'm not a big fan of the aurora, though I wouldn't mind going there in a tour group.  But if you're ever interested I believe there's some cheap tickets to visit northern Canada for a couple hundred USD and covers almost everything.  ac_cool

Zetsu

You absolutely should  give him a call Zetsu.

ac_smile

You're right Fash, plus he's a really nice guy, nice and friendly to a level sometimes I sometimes feel bad for being his friend due to the fact there's no challenge he ever gives me in our childhood.

Anonymous

I feel ya, my brother was kinda like my best friend, and I only see him once a year, then he comes here once a year, which I think is in a few weeks. Which state he in?

He's working at New Jersey, he really like the life there, though stress at his work place has been creeping up to him lately, maybe it's time I should buy him something since I really haven't seen him in quite a while.

I'm not a big fan of the aurora, though I wouldn't mind going there in a tour group.  But if you're ever interested I believe there's some cheap tickets to visit northern Canada for a couple hundred USD and covers almost everything.  ac_cool

What does your friend do in New Jersey Zetsu?

Zetsu

What does your friend do in New Jersey Zetsu?

He works in some kind of physio recovery related job, most of his patients are over 300 pounds and suffer from multiple health issues and passive injuries accumulated over time.  He told me he only works 8 hours a day but still sounds exhausted every time I see him since it's none stop physical related work.

Anonymous

He works in some kind of physio recovery related job, most of his patients are over 300 pounds and suffer from multiple health issues and passive injuries accumulated over time.  He told me he only works 8 hours a day but he still sounds exhausted every time I see him since it's none stop physical related work.

Health care pays very well in the USA..

It pays very well here too, but there's more wage variation South of the border..

I'm sure he sees a lot of patients who's health problems break his heart.

Zetsu

He works in some kind of physio recovery related job, most of his patients are over 300 pounds and suffer from multiple health issues and passive injuries accumulated over time.  He told me he only works 8 hours a day but he still sounds exhausted every time I see him since it's none stop physical related work.

It pays very well here too, but there's more wage variation South of the border..

What you say couldn't be any more true, iirc his starting wage was $95,000 annually, his dad was definitely smart and right to tell him to go for medical instead of a career that that he likes.  But yea as you mention working at the clinic can get pretty stressful and depressing sometime, dun think I got what it takes to do what he's doing, less alone have the right skills.

Anonymous

What you say couldn't be any more true, iirc his starting wage was $95,000 annually, his dad was definitely smart and right to tell him to go for medical instead of a career that that he likes.  But yea as you mention working at the clinic can get pretty stressful and depressing sometime, dun think I got what it takes to do what he's doing, less alone have the right skills.

I'm so thankful there are people like your friend who can handle the stress of front line health care delivery.

Zetsu

I'm so thankful there are people like your friend who can handle the stress of front line health care delivery.

I'm agree too, sometimes the stress in some jobs can be so heavy it's hard to convince many ppl, I know so many friends that are chartered accountants or specialized in archival science, but end up quitting their jobs or at least wanting to b/c of heavy work stress.  Now they see me running my own business they all want to do the same thing too, or some others trying to solicitate us.  :laugh:

Anonymous

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"How is your new enterprise doing Zetsu?

We're doing ok I guess, plus it's just me and my brother, we're still no were close to be called a large successful business lol.  Everyday is just my brother and I burning money for the business start up but still haven't earn a single penny.  All our friends assumed we're already super successful but they couldn't be any farther from the truth.  :001_tongue: