The best topic

Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Israel goes to the polls!!!

Started by Bricktop, May 29, 2019, 06:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Moonpie

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "ArabPrinCess"
Quote from: "Gaon"Netanyahu's bloc, comprised of right-wing and ultra-Orthodox parties that have agreed to negotiate together, currently stands at 55 seats. The center-left bloc has 57 seats. Avigdor Lieberman's Yisrael Beiteinu, who, with eight seats, has been confirmed as the election's kingmaker. We will know in a couple of days who he will make prime minister.

I see the religious parties are willing to compromise with Lieberman now. That guy is a frickin shrewd politician.

Is he?  I need to read up on him.  I may be eating my words.  Just pray my family is safe they are Christian surrounded by Muslims in the West Bank. Scary thought.

Old Gaon is the expert, but I have been to Israel. Lieberman is popular among the Russian diaspora in Israel. They aint very religious which pisses off the rabbis.

Well...that wall is religious and I'm sure they want someone religious in there protecting it.  I don't know.  Not looking good.  I take it back.

If you mean the Western Wall, it is a historic national monument. If you mean one of Israel's three border barriers, they are not religious either.

From what I have read about Netanyahu and from what old Gaon says, Netanyahu aint religious at all. I read he is a serial adulterer.

I meaning the border barriers and the holy ground in all. I think he is other things as well.

I was there recently and it seemed safe.  I just want my family safe Herman.  It frightens me.
Moonpies for your soul..

Moonpie

Moonpies for your soul..

Moonpie

And I'm sorry there aren't many non adulterous  men in power these Days.  Religious or not.
Moonpies for your soul..

Gaon

Quote from: "Gaon"Netanyahu's bloc, comprised of right-wing and ultra-Orthodox parties that have agreed to negotiate together, currently stands at 55 seats. The center-left bloc has 57 seats. Avigdor Lieberman's Yisrael Beiteinu, who, with eight seats, has been confirmed as the election's kingmaker. We will know in a couple of days who he will make prime minister.

I see the religious parties are willing to compromise with Lieberman now. That guy is a frickin shrewd politician.

Is he?  I need to read up on him.  I may be eating my words.  Just pray my family is safe they are Christian surrounded by Muslims in the West Bank. Scary thought.

Old Gaon is the expert, but I have been to Israel. Lieberman is popular among the Russian diaspora in Israel. They aint very religious which pisses off the rabbis.

Well...that wall is religious and I'm sure they want someone religious in there protecting it.  I don't know.  Not looking good.  I take it back.

If you mean the Western Wall, it is a historic national monument. If you mean one of Israel's three border barriers, they are not religious either.

From what I have read about Netanyahu and from what old Gaon says, Netanyahu aint religious at all. I read he is a serial adulterer.

I meaning the border barriers and the holy ground in all. I think he is other things as well.

I was there recently and it seemed safe.  I just want my family safe Herman.  It frightens me.

The West Bank barrier, the Israel-Gaza barrier or the Israel-Egypt barrier? They are all there for security purposes and serve no religious purpose at all.

And Netanyahu is not religious. He is a right wing nationalist. He has religious parties in his coalition. They do not like each other, but they need each other.
The Russian Rock It

Gaon

Unless Avigdor Lieberman has a change of heart, it looks like the centre left coalition will end the Netanyahu era.

The Arab parties recommendation to President Reuven Rivlin to give Gantz first crack at forming a new government, however, wasn't a simply symbolic gesture. It added the Joint List's 13 members of Knesset to Gantz's existing 44 (Kahol Lavan + Labor + Democratic Union), giving the center-left candidate 57 endorsers, two more than Benjamin Netanyahu's 55.  Given that Kahol Lavan also emerged from last Tuesday's election as the biggest party, the Joint List's endorsement virtually guarantees that Gantz gets first dibs on forming a new government.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"Unless Avigdor Lieberman has a change of heart, it looks like the centre left coalition will end the Netanyahu era.

The Arab parties recommendation to President Reuven Rivlin to give Gantz first crack at forming a new government, however, wasn't a simply symbolic gesture. It added the Joint List's 13 members of Knesset to Gantz's existing 44 (Kahol Lavan + Labor + Democratic Union), giving the center-left candidate 57 endorsers, two more than Benjamin Netanyahu's 55.  Given that Kahol Lavan also emerged from last Tuesday's election as the biggest party, the Joint List's endorsement virtually guarantees that Gantz gets first dibs on forming a new government.

Fuck, that is disappointing. Netanyahu is the best pm Israel has ever had by a country mile.

Thiel

Israel without Netanyahu as pm. That will take some getting used to.
gay, conservative and proud

Gaon

President Reuven Rivlin of Israel tapped Benjamin Netanyahu to form the next government, giving the prime minister a lifeline.

Netanyahu has the first chance to form a government, it is far from certain he will pull it off in the up to six weeks he has to do so. He couldn't secure the support of at least 61 members of the 120-member Knesset to govern after winning an election in April. To be successful this time around, he will need to win over at least one of several parties that promised not to join his government.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

The  right wing block won fewer seats, but Netanyahu gets first chance to form a government??

cc

Because he was (or may even still be considered) PM?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Gaon

Quote from: "seoulbro"The  right wing block won fewer seats, but Netanyahu gets first chance to form a government??

It's based on a vote among Knesset members.
The Russian Rock It

Gaon

Liberman agrees to speed up talks for minority government

Avigdor Liberman of the Israel Beiteinu party has agreed to accelerate negotiations to establish a minority government, one what would rest on the Arab vote, Israel Hayom reports on Sunday.

The Blue and White party confirmed on Saturday night that talks are advancing to establish such a government, Israel Hayom reports.

It is a major about-face for Liberman, who has called the Arab Joint List a "5th column" and has said he won't sit in a government that relies on them.

The Arab List, for its part, has expressed its reluctance to sit with Liberman, whom they've called a racist.

https://worldisraelnews.com/liberman-agrees-to-speed-up-talks-for-minority-government/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=push_notification&utm_campaign=vwo_notification_1573976517&vwo_powered=1">https://worldisraelnews.com/liberman-ag ... _powered=1">https://worldisraelnews.com/liberman-agrees-to-speed-up-talks-for-minority-government/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=push_notification&utm_campaign=vwo_notification_1573976517&vwo_powered=1

I am really disappointed in Liberman for even considering supporting a coalition with Arab parties.
The Russian Rock It

Gaon

Netanyahu: Israeli government based on Arab parties would be historic disaster

Israeli politicians on the right side of the political spectrum responded with concern to news on Sunday that a minority government may be established. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called an emergency meeting for Sunday morning with his coalition members to discuss their next steps.

Former Justice Minister Ayelet Shaked warned, "Everything has to be done to create a Zionist government, in no way a minority government that supports and rests on the Joint List."

The Minister of Culture and Sports, Miri Regev, was still harsher in her criticism.

"I am very upset and troubled for the people of Israel by the fact that three chiefs of staff and two defense ministers are selling the state to terror supporters and terrorists such as Ahmed Tibi and Ayman Odeh," Regev said, referring to two members of the Arab Joint List, Arutz7 reports.

Once they decided to go to a minority government, they spit on the bereaved families, spit on the IDF soldiers and IDF commanders. I remind them that Ahmed Tibi and Ayman Odeh once called former IDF chiefs of staff war criminals and today also call IDF soldiers war criminals," she said.

On Saturday, Netanyahu held a conference call with Likud ministers to talk about the possibility that Blue and White Chairman Benny Gantz would be prepared to establish a minority government.

Netanyahu said that Blue and White had not negotiated with the Likud for more than 10 days, Israel's Channel 13 reported.

"We are facing an emergency like no other in the history of the State of Israel. There is a conclusion in Blue and White to go to a minority government with the Joint List. We know for sure that such a decision was made there," Netanyahu said.

"Election is a disaster, but setting up a government that depends on the Arab parties is a bigger disaster. It is a historic danger and a serious violation of Israel's security, it's forbidden that such a government will rise for even an hour," he said.

https://worldisraelnews.com/netanyahu-israeli-government-based-on-arab-parties-would-be-historic-disaster/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=push_notification&utm_campaign=vwo_notification_1573978819&vwo_powered=1">https://worldisraelnews.com/netanyahu-i ... _powered=1">https://worldisraelnews.com/netanyahu-israeli-government-based-on-arab-parties-would-be-historic-disaster/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=push_notification&utm_campaign=vwo_notification_1573978819&vwo_powered=1

I can't believe Arab parties could hold the balance of power in the next government. This will be a disaster.
The Russian Rock It

cc

Yes. seems it goes against everything he has always claimed to believe

Even if he pulled it off, he could not govern with his party's established policy ... seems a desperation bid for power to me

Not sure of the numbers, but seems to me a deal with Netanyahu  would be the natural path ... and a lot more honest
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Gaon

Quote from: "cc"Yes. seems it goes against everything he has always claimed to believe

Even if he pulled it off, he could not govern with his party's established policy ... seems a desperation bid for power to me

Not sure of the numbers, but seems to me a deal with Netanyahu  would be the natural path ... and a lot more honest

Liberman pulled out of a coalition with Bibi over disagreements with the religious parties that were part of the coalition. And they were legitimate grievances. But, he is putting Israel's security in jeopardy just to teach Netanyahu a lesson. Liberman's base is the Russian community. There is no support for this among  Russian immigrants.
The Russian Rock It