The best topic

Replies: 8508
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:37:29 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Israel goes to the polls!!!

Started by Bricktop, May 29, 2019, 06:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Very interesting results..

I look forward to reading Gaon's thoughts on this.

Bricktop

He must be in trouble. If he cannot win TWO elections in less than a year, it is clear he has lost the confidence of the people.

cc

Well, same could be said for opponents I guess

Anyhow, one never gets a majority in Israel

If I recall correctly, over 20 years ago, 2 parties got together and leaders took turns being PM ... I think Perez was one of them
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"He must be in trouble. If he cannot win TWO elections in less than a year, it is clear he has lost the confidence of the people.

He lost the confidence of one of his coalition partners. He has secular Russian parties and ultra orthodox parties in his coalition. Frickin hard to get them all on the same page.

Moonpie

Quote from: "Fashionista"Very interesting results..

I'm interested as well.
Moonpies for your soul..

Anonymous

Quote from: "ArabPrinCess"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Very interesting results..

I'm interested as well.

Me too APC.

ac_smile

Gaon

https://images.jpost.com/image/upload/f_auto,fl_lossy/t_Article2016_ControlFaceDetect/446467">
The Russian Rock It

Gaon

According to Channel 12, 95% of the votes from Tuesday's elections have already been counted, Blue and White stands at 33 seats and Likud at 32 seats, with Blue and White leading by a narrow margin. It is important to note that these are still not the final results.

Overnight, the committee was counting the near quarter of a million soldiers' votes cast by Israeli soldiers.

The Central Election Committee (CEC) has been updating its website throughout the day. The last update, however, was at 04:49 a.m.: 4,030,843 votes had been counted – almost 95% of the ballots cast.

The current official results according to the CEC (with mandates/seats according to Channel 12):

Blue and White: 25.66% (33)

Likud: 25.03% (32)

The Joint List: 10.73% (12)

Shas: 7.57% (9)

Yisrael Beytenu: 7.12% (8)

UTJ: 6.23% (8)

Yemina: 5.72% (7)

Labor-Gesher: 4.81% (6)

Democratic Union: 4.30% (5)

Otzma Yehudit: 1.87% (did not pass the electoral threshold of 3.25%)

Based on these results, without Yisrael Beytenu's eight mandates, the Center-Left bloc would have counted on 56 seats and the Center-Right bloc 56.

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-Elections/Israel-elections-results-based-on-counted-ballots-12-am-602045">https://www.jpost.com/Israel-Elections/ ... -am-602045">https://www.jpost.com/Israel-Elections/Israel-elections-results-based-on-counted-ballots-12-am-602045

It will be up to my leader, Avigdor Lieberman if Mr Gantz or Mr  Netanyahu get to form government.
The Russian Rock It

Moonpie

Moonpies for your soul..

Gaon

Quote from: "ArabPrinCess"Who do you want?

I am a right winger, so I want the Likud coalition. But, I am a Russian secularist and I would like to see Yisrael Beytanu in the right wing coalition. But, the haredim parties will not compromise with right wing secularists. So, we could be stuck with Blue and White and their leftist partners.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"

I am a right winger, so I want the Likud coalition. But, I am a Russian secularist and I would like to see Yisrael Beytanu in the right wing coalition. But, the haredim parties will not compromise with right wing secularists. So, we could be stuck with Blue and White and their leftist partners.

Netanyahu has cancelled a trip to the UN and a meeting with Trump. It aint looking good for him. Benny Gantz could form a coalition with Arab parties.

Moonpie

Quote from: "Herman"

Netanyahu has cancelled a trip to the UN and a meeting with Trump. It aint looking good for him. Benny Gantz could form a coalition with Arab parties.

About time...just sayin...
Moonpies for your soul..

Anonymous

My understanding is the Arab parties in Israel are quite left wing meaning the economic reforms Netanyahu initiated could be in jeopardy.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"

My understanding is the Arab parties in Israel are quite left wing meaning the economic reforms Netanyahu initiated could be in jeopardy.

They do not care about that. The Arab parties are really islamist parties.