The best topic

Replies: 8534
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:21:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Thanks to China, I am unemployed

Started by Gaon, March 18, 2020, 08:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Vancouver

We get $2000can a month. People are paying an average of $1200 for rent in BC. €700 would not be enough.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"We get $2000can a month. People are paying an average of $1200 for rent in BC. €700 would not be enough.

First of all, people must be paying more for a two bedroom apartment in Vancouver than that. They are paying more than that down in Toronto. Unless you mean a bedsit room with a shared washroom like Joe lives.

And if Odi means welfare, than 1300 Euros a month is generous for a single person. Welfare is meant to be subsistence.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
1309,76 euros..

You get a lot more than we do..

This is just a temporary measure, to inject cash into our society to keep it from totally collapsing!

A regular welfare bum cheque, that would normally be issued (and still is to a regular welfare bum) in this Province would currently be this for a single person with no kids:  $385/month (252 euro) for all expenses other than rent, and $375/month (245 euro) for rent...

So, $500 euro would be the max a single guy with no kids could get here, which isn't very much!  You'll be visiting the food bank, for sure!

$2,000 CDN/month, which is the temporary emergency stimulus here now, equates roughly to what one would earn working full time here (40 hours/week) for minimum wage, to put that in perspective...

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
First of all, people must be paying more for a two bedroom apartment in Vancouver than that. They are paying more than that down in Toronto. Unless you mean a bedsit room with a shared washroom like Joe lives.

A single person on welfare in Vancouver only gets $385/month for rent, and they live on that in the only apartments that rent for that:  Single Room Occupancy (SRO's), which are bedsits.  Flea, bug, cockroach, bed bug infested shitholes that are complete dumps.  You don't even have your own toilet, as each floor shares a washroom...  Hot water and heat may or may not work!  These dumps are run by East Indian slumlords, but then again...  There's no other way to keep rents that low for anyone in such an expensive city.

It's why the DTES is what it is...

Gaon

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"We get $2000can a month. People are paying an average of $1200 for rent in BC. €700 would not be enough.

And if Odi means welfare, than 1300 Euros a month is generous for a single person. Welfare is meant to be subsistence.

We pay a lot more than $1200 for our two bedroom apartment with a large storage room.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

One in three US rentals were still unpaid as of the 5th of April, double the figure for the same period last year.

Gaon

Quote from: "Guest"One in three US rentals were still unpaid as of the 5th of April, double the figure for the same period last year.

It is like that all over the developed world.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "Guest"One in three US rentals were still unpaid as of the 5th of April, double the figure for the same period last year.

It is like that all over the developed world.

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest. And it's the only reason why I suspect a few governments are going to attempt lift the whole lockdown shtick and its attendant social distancing bullshit too and take their chances with the uptick of cases.

Shit, it's barely been a month and look at the result.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"I have never stepped foot on a farm in my life.

...and it shows.

You're only interested in money not life.

See the light before its too late seoulbro

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "seoulbro"I have never stepped foot on a farm in my life.

...and it shows.

You're only interested in money not life.

See the light before its too late seoulbro

See a farm before it's too late?

I think Seoul is happy with golf, his trips to Florida and helping people have a secure retirement.

Odinson

All these videos of americans complaining about how they have to live from hand to mouth..

And in the background you see a nice kitchen, perfectly painted walls etc.

They dont seem to get that when you are poor, you cannot afford a certain lifestyle.

Odinson

I recorded this at night in my old apartment..

">

Vancouver

Quote from: "Odinson"All these videos of americans complaining about how they have to live from hand to mouth..

They dont seem to get that when you are poor, you cannot afford a certain lifestyle.
People in some parts of Asia have to go through with no hot shower and toilet paper. Over here people are depressed about not getting fast enough internet to stream their Netflix in 4K.
Time is malleable

Odinson

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "Odinson"All these videos of americans complaining about how they have to live from hand to mouth..

People in some parts of Asia have to go through with no hot shower and toilet paper. Over here people are depressed about not getting fast enough internet to stream their Netflix in 4K.

Thats a bit extreme.

Even by western standards, these "working class" protesters have an above average lifestyle..

Average workman Joe doesnt live like that.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview