The best topic

Replies: 8492
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:06:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Thanks to China, I am unemployed

Started by Gaon, March 18, 2020, 08:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
I don't know much about that CERB deal. The Vancouver Guy applied for EI too.

I think the Government is still working CERB out to be honest, set to initiate on April 6th.  It will kind of run side by side with EI, with some people getting EI, and others getting the CERB benefits, depending on timing and employment status.

I am self employed, for instance, and as such I cannot lay myself off.  The self employed do not pay into EI, since we cannot ever claim/receive it!  CERB has been brought in for people like me (and many others also), which (other than corporate bailouts) is the only time in Canadian history that I know of that such a program has ever been offered.

It tells you just how bad things are going to get...

caskur

Quote from: "Gaon"I applied for employment insurance benefits on Monday. I haven't heard anything yet.

You'll be backpaid.

I hope you had a bit put aside,...
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

So eligible companies, charities and nonprofits can apply for the wage subsidy of 75% of the first $58,700 of normal salary an employee would earn. That works out to a maximum of $847 a week per employee.

That would be great if the money were available now or next week but at best we are looking at payments coming in May, something Morneau admitted during his news conference.

"You can apply online through a Canada Revenue Agency portal that will launch soon. Funds will be available in approximately six weeks," Morneau said.

That means businesses that were told by governments to shut down with little warning in mid-March can get money to pay their employees by mid-May. That's two months, if that even works out.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-trudeaus-attempt-to-help-may-kill-many-small-businesses">https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnis ... businesses">https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-trudeaus-attempt-to-help-may-kill-many-small-businesses

That is a long wait.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"
I don't know much about that CERB deal. The Vancouver Guy applied for EI too.

I think the Government is still working CERB out to be honest, set to initiate on April 6th.  It will kind of run side by side with EI, with some people getting EI, and others getting the CERB benefits, depending on timing and employment status.

I am self employed, for instance, and as such I cannot lay myself off.  The self employed do not pay into EI, since we cannot ever claim/receive it!  CERB has been brought in for people like me (and many others also), which (other than corporate bailouts) is the only time in Canadian history that I know of that such a program has ever been offered.

It tells you just how bad things are going to get...

Now tell him something he doesn't already know. Herman is self employed too you pea-brained white bloodclot.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Now tell him something he doesn't already know. Herman is self employed too you pea-brained white bloodclot.

He could have asked me for something that he doesn't already know, if he wanted to.

I don't think Herman needs your help in asking for something that he doesn't already know?

I could be wrong though...

Vancouver

Quote from: "Gaon"I applied for employment insurance benefits on Monday. I haven't heard anything yet.
Did you get an access code in the mail? Service Canada will mail you a benefit statement, which includes a 4-digit access code. You need this code and your SIN to get updates about your application and to complete biweekly reports.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

He could have asked me for something that he doesn't already know, if he wanted to.

I don't think Herman needs your help in asking for something that he doesn't already know?

Old Shen Li aint wrong. I aint worked for a company since I moved back to Canada and bought land five years ago.

Vancouver

Old Shen Li aint wrong. I aint worked for a company since I moved back to Canada and bought land five years ago.

What goes on in your farm? What kind of.farm?
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"

What goes on in your farm? What kind of.farm?

I own a half section. I have a mixed farm. The lion's share of the land is devoted to canola, but I grow sunflower too. I also have organic beef, free range chickens and turkeys. As a sideline I grow Christmas trees and have honey bees.

Anonymous

Gaon

Did you get an access code in the mail? Service Canada will mail you a benefit statement, which includes a 4-digit access code. You need this code and your SIN to get updates about your application and to complete biweekly reports.

I got my access code. But, no final decision yet.
The Russian Rock It

Odinson

Quote from: "seoulbro"I have never stepped foot on a farm in my life.

You too good for it, nancyboy?

:laugh3:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "seoulbro"I have never stepped foot on a farm in my life.

You too good for it, nancyboy?

:laugh3:

I've never seen Seoul look down on farmers..

He's a city dweller, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Thiel

Quote from: "Gaon"

I got my access code. But, no final decision yet.

As long as you have the hours, you will be approved. Don't worry.
gay, conservative and proud

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview