The best topic

Replies: 8534
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:21:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Thanks to China, I am unemployed

Started by Gaon, March 18, 2020, 08:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Vancouver

Quote from: "Gaon".

You must have gotten a second payment today. Maybe one for $1,000 and another for $2,000.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"

You must have gotten a second payment today. Maybe one for $1,000 and another for $2,000.

What is that? Is that EI or that CERB?

Vancouver

Quote from: "Herman"

Those who applied for EI seem to have gotten a $1000-$1500 EI payment and a $2000 CERB payment. I never applied for EI.

http://www.trailtimes.ca/news/canadians-awake-to-extra-covid-19-emergency-benefit-money-fear-its-a-mistake/amp/">http://www.trailtimes.ca/news/canadians ... stake/amp/">http://www.trailtimes.ca/news/canadians-awake-to-extra-covid-19-emergency-benefit-money-fear-its-a-mistake/amp/

Gaon doesn't seem very active here anymore.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Those who applied for EI seem to have gotten a $1000-$1500 EI payment and a $2000 CERB payment. I never applied for EI.

http://www.trailtimes.ca/news/canadians-awake-to-extra-covid-19-emergency-benefit-money-fear-its-a-mistake/amp/">http://www.trailtimes.ca/news/canadians ... stake/amp/">http://www.trailtimes.ca/news/canadians-awake-to-extra-covid-19-emergency-benefit-money-fear-its-a-mistake/amp/

A one off thing?

Vancouver

Quote from: "Herman"A one off thing?

I think the EI payment is a one off thing or funds for March. Gaon will still need to submit his bi-weekly EI report. The $2000 CERB fund will taxed. It's a fund for people to just get by for now that's why they call it Canadian emergency response benefit.

QuoteOf EACH $2000 you recieve, you will OWE approximately $385 come tax time next year (15% federal tax if you make $48,000 or less, PLUS 5.06% BC tax if you make $41,000 or less). If you make more, your tax bracket will have a higher percentage.

Just to clarify, this means you should treat your payment as $1615.00 and put away appropriately $385 in taxes from EACH $2000 you recieve to pay next tax season.
Time is malleable

Gaon

I will be paid 500 and something per week for EI. My wife is still working. Our rent is expensive, but we will cover our bills. I miss having a company truck.
The Russian Rock It

Gaon

I was working 6-7 days a week and I was too tired to post. Now that I have time, I am not in the mood to chat online because I am depressed about being unemployed. We came to Canada to work.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

My $2,000 welfare bum cheque was direct deposited into my account today.  I have to admit, the Government did act fairly fast on that...

And for those seeing any kind of double deposits?  The Gov knows a few people were issued more at once than they should have been, and anything additional you receive is noted and will simply count towards the maximum you are entitled to anyhow...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"
I was working 6-7 days a week and I was too tired to post. Now that I have time, I am not in the mood to chat online because I am depressed about being unemployed. We came to Canada to work.

Now you can relax a bit and enjoy the ride, knowing what happened wasn't your fault.

Since you seem to be a pretty White Jew, you can also now reflect on why the hell you chose Surrey as your first stop...  Now you can envision plans to move out of Little India, for Whiter Pastures...  (Langley Boy born and raised, so I know the deal.  Get out of Surrey if you can.  Remember:  Better safe, than Surrey! :laugh: )

Vancouver

Mel did you know there is a drive in movie theatre in the Langley township of Aldergrove. I might go with a friend in the upcoming weeks. We will be in our own cars. Put our phones on speaker and then it'll just be like going to the movies together. Unlike normal theatres, we can bring our own snacks and drinks.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Mel did you know there is a drive in movie theatre in the Langley township of Aldergrove. I might go with a friend in the upcoming weeks. We will be in our own cars. Put our phones on speaker and then it'll just be like going to the movies together. Unlike normal theatres, we can bring our own snacks and drinks.

Of course I know!  I've lived in Langley all my life!

The Twilight!

I still remember when the only drive-in left was in Surrey, the Hillcrest.

When the Hillcrest closed, it left a gap...  No drive-ins at all in busy GVRD!

That's why the Twilight opened, to fill that gap.  Of course at that point a large chunk of land was not cheap, so Aldergrove seemed to work for the operators!

Sit in your own car, have a drink, have a puff, and watch the movie!  If you have a decent sound system in you ride, audio should come in great on the FM dial!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"

I remember how happy you were when your trade was recognized in Canada..

I hope your province comes to it's senses and relaxes the lockdown in the next few weeks.

Odinson

Quote from: "Mel"My $2,000 welfare bum cheque was direct deposited into my account today.  I have to admit, the Government did act fairly fast on that...

And for those seeing any kind of double deposits?  The Gov knows a few people were issued more at once than they should have been, and anything additional you receive is noted and will simply count towards the maximum you are entitled to anyhow...

1309,76 euros..

You get a lot more than we do..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Mel"My $2,000 welfare bum cheque was direct deposited into my account today.  I have to admit, the Government did act fairly fast on that...

1309,76 euros..

Is that for a month or bi weekly?

Odinson

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Odinson"

1309,76 euros..

Is that for a month or bi weekly?

The welfare check for an unemployed "professional" is less than 500 euros after taxes.. Thats per month.

You can apply for the rent assistance which is a couple of hundred added to that.

Around 700 euros total.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview