The best topic

Replies: 8492
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:06:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Thanks to China, I am unemployed

Started by Gaon, March 18, 2020, 08:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Gaon

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Mel"
Quote from: "Gaon"
I hope this doesn't last long. I will be applying for employment insurance benefits tomorrow.

This will probably last longer than we want it to, so be prepared.

At your income level, you should be able to get max EI income, which will provide you with just over $2,000/month.

I'm guessing with his overtime he was grossing 12-15 grand a month.

Fantastic money in the trades. And they get paid while in a classroom.

In one 28 day continuation of working every day I earned $31,000.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
I hope this doesn't last long. I will be applying for employment insurance benefits tomorrow.

This will probably last longer than we want it to, so be prepared.

At your income level, you should be able to get max EI income, which will provide you with just over $2,000/month.

I'm guessing with his overtime he was grossing 12-15 grand a month.

Fantastic money in the trades. And they get paid while in a classroom.
mn.

In one 28 day continuation of working every day I earned $31,000.

Damn. So, when you return to work, you'll probably need professional financial planning. ac_biggrin

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"To anyone wanting to find work, apparently WALMART is hiring.

Supermarkets are employing here and the welfare service is taking on more staff as today most of the workforce headed for the dole line.

All our surplus will be used up over the next 6 months but at least we have a surplus to back us up... FOR NOW.

Cool, caskur! :thumbup:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

It looks like I'll be working remotely even though there are not many ladies working in my office.

Gaon

I applied for employment insurance benefits on Monday. I haven't heard anything yet.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"I applied for employment insurance benefits on Monday. I haven't heard anything yet.

And you won't for a while, since EI is overwhelmed with applicants.  

They are also ordered to stay home, but since they are Government Employees they don't get laid off.  They receive full pay and bennies while sitting at home deciding if they want to process your application.

Expect a lengthy delay.

Be prepared.  This Chinkenpox will separate those who can manage, and those who cannot.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"I applied for employment insurance benefits on Monday. I haven't heard anything yet.

And you won't for a while, since EI is overwhelmed with applicants.  

They are also ordered to stay home, but since they are Government Employees they don't get laid off.  They receive full pay and bennies while sitting at home deciding if they want to process your application.

Expect a lengthy delay.

Be prepared.  This Chinkenpox will separate those who can manage, and those who cannot.

I am afraid Gaon's wait for an answer and/or receiving benefits could be longer than normal. The CRA doesn't have agents to answer enquiries during this pandemic. The recording refers you to their website. I'm sure other federal departments are the same.

Gaon

I am supposed to get a decision from the employment insurance office by next week.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"I am supposed to get a decision from the employment insurance office by next week.

I'm sure it will be yes Gaon.

ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"I am supposed to get a decision from the employment insurance office by next week.

You may be processed through regular EI ($573/week due to your income) or CERB ($500/week across the board)...  Not sure under which scheme they'll process yours in these trying times, but I guarantee you will get one or the other knowing your work history here, even though you have not been here for that long.

Anonymous

And they will back-pay, so if it takes them two months to process and approve an application, you will get back-pay for that time when the cheques eventually come.

Anonymous

You may be processed through regular EI ($573/week due to your income) or CERB ($500/week across the board)...  Not sure under which scheme they'll process yours in these trying times, but I guarantee you will get one or the other knowing your work history here, even though you have not been here for that long.

I think you have to have 900 hours for a first time claim. Old Gaon likely had that in three and a half months.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"
I think you have to have 900 hours for a first time claim. Old Gaon likely had that in three and a half months.

More than likely, but if not it should transfer to a CERB claim instead, which is $73 less a week in his case...

And they will back-pay, so if it takes them two months to process and approve an application, you will get back-pay for that time when the cheques eventually come.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

More than likely, but if not it should transfer to a CERB claim instead, which is $73 less a week in his case...

I don't know much about that CERB deal. The Vancouver Guy applied for EI too.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview