The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Thanks to China, I am unemployed

Started by Gaon, March 18, 2020, 08:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Damn. The hippies will have to find something else to complain about.

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "Gaon"All projects are on hold. The man made Chinese coronavirus is causing mass unemployment all over the world.

Just take your EI for now. In 2-3 months the world will be back to normal. You are a skilled worker. Plenty of opportunities.

No it won't, TeeWee/VancouverGuy.

The world is headed fer Hard Times.

I could see this a Long Time Comin'.

The writin' was on the Wall.

A great many financial experts told us so for the past couple of years before this crisis hit.

Sorry, but Recovery will be slow & the economic pain in this one will be great.

Even tho the stock market may rebound a bit, the bottom might not hit for another 2, 3 or 4 years, eh?

I remember my Grandfather telling me about the Great Depression.

">

The World will now get a taste of what those times were like.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Gaon"All projects are on hold. The man made Chinese coronavirus is causing mass unemployment all over the world.

I'm very sorry Gaon..

I know how excited you were when you got your trade credentials recognized in Canada and now this happens.

:sad:

Yes. I am sorry too, Gaon and everyone who lost their job. Be alert though. Once this crisis is over, you might find yourself in better positions than before. Just look at the bright side. Have a good day everyone.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

I'm very sorry Gaon..

I know how excited you were when you got your trade credentials recognized in Canada and now this happens.

Yes. I am sorry too, Gaon and everyone who lost their job. Be alert though. Once this crisis is over, you might find yourself in better positions than before. Just look at the bright side. Have a good day everyone.

Exactly Azhya.

Gaon

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

I'm very sorry Gaon..

I hope this doesn't last long. I will be applying for employment insurance benefits tomorrow.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

https://scontent.fyxd2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/90601872_10157941038744590_4057969566087643136_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=KbkwbhAOrYQAX_DPaqu&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd2-1.fna&_nc_tp=7&oh=ca45bfe6b59aba957ad016b3f2cde66a&oe=5E9C05DB">

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"https://scontent.fyxd2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/90601872_10157941038744590_4057969566087643136_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=KbkwbhAOrYQAX_DPaqu&_nc_ht=scontent.fyxd2-1.fna&_nc_tp=7&oh=ca45bfe6b59aba957ad016b3f2cde66a&oe=5E9C05DB">

I expect the hospitality industry will be booming when this is over.

caskur

My cousin is married to a celebrated chef in a 5 star hotel... she has 4 children and one on the way. As of today, her husband has been laid off because all our businesses have been closed down by the government and she hysterical with worry.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

She'll be OK because she'll get over $1,000 a week off the government.

It'll all be over soon enough.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"
I hope this doesn't last long. I will be applying for employment insurance benefits tomorrow.

This will probably last longer than we want it to, so be prepared.

At your income level, you should be able to get max EI income, which will provide you with just over $2,000/month.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"

At your income level, you should be able to get max EI income, which will provide you with just over $2,000/month.

I'm guessing with his overtime he was grossing 12-15 grand a month.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Mel"

I'm guessing with his overtime he was grossing 12-15 grand a month.

Fantastic money in the trades. And they get paid while in a classroom.

@realAzhyaAryola

To anyone wanting to find work, apparently WALMART is hiring.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

caskur

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"To anyone wanting to find work, apparently WALMART is hiring.

Supermarkets are employing here and the welfare service is taking on more staff as today most of the workforce headed for the dole line.

All our surplus will be used up over the next 6 months but at least we have a surplus to back us up... FOR NOW.
- Andy Warhol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview