The best topic

Replies: 10565
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:10:10 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Thiel

Thanks to China, I am unemployed

Started by Gaon, March 18, 2020, 08:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 44 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"You have a property... breed rabbits or something.

Rabbits don't pay the bills though!

caskur

Quote from: "Mel"
Quote from: "caskur"You have a property... breed rabbits or something.

Rabbits don't pay the bills though!

what would?
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"what would?

Ideally winning the lottery would be my best chance for lifelong happiness and security!

Anonymous

Let's say, even just a million bucks properly invested would probably be enough to sustain a comfortable lifestyle!

caskur

Quote from: "Mel"Let's say, even just a million bucks properly invested would probably be enough to sustain a comfortable lifestyle!

Let's hope you win one then.

I won 4th prize in a lottery 1981. It was only $2,000 but it was enough back then to buy a new fridge, a new washing machine, pay off my stereo, and have a few hundred left over to move to a nicer place.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I'd plan, I'm sure there is competition in the area.   Get a license for weed....grow it, sell some and then make THC products, sell them online.

Life, and what it holds, will always be a very precarious thing for people like me.  I don't do well in a classroom setting, and as such will never obtain any sort of professional designation.  Other than being licensed to drive a truck, I don't have much else going for me!

There's a chance that I could end up homeless in this life, but that's something I have to accept...  There's not much support out there for straight white males like me.  Injuns get all the free schooling they want, secure Government jobs now all hire nothing but women and minorities...  It's not like the good old days.

That's why I admire the 1950's through to the 1970's, when a guy like me could easily land a unionized factory job for life, complete with pension and benefits.  We have done a great job of eliminating those, however.

Ya, it worries me at times, but I'll try to not let it get me down until I actually do end up on the streets!

That's not a plan, that's just an excuse.   You have land, there is a lot you can do.

caskur

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I'd plan, I'm sure there is competition in the area.   Get a license for weed....grow it, sell some and then make THC products, sell them online.

Life, and what it holds, will always be a very precarious thing for people like me.  I don't do well in a classroom setting, and as such will never obtain any sort of professional designation.  Other than being licensed to drive a truck, I don't have much else going for me!

There's a chance that I could end up homeless in this life, but that's something I have to accept...  There's not much support out there for straight white males like me.  Injuns get all the free schooling they want, secure Government jobs now all hire nothing but women and minorities...  It's not like the good old days.

That's why I admire the 1950's through to the 1970's, when a guy like me could easily land a unionized factory job for life, complete with pension and benefits.  We have done a great job of eliminating those, however.

Ya, it worries me at times, but I'll try to not let it get me down until I actually do end up on the streets!

That's not a plan, that's just an excuse.   You have land, there is a lot you can do.

He has to get motivated...

the only thing stopping him is his own mind.

That is true of most of us... getting in the right headspace.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"That's not a plan, that's just an excuse.   You have land, there is a lot you can do.

There not really much that I could do with the land that would be viable, to be honest.  Small-scale farming is usually just done for a hobby or for personal consumption.  I do have a few apple trees that I could claim are organic, but so does everyone else!

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"That's not a plan, that's just an excuse.   You have land, there is a lot you can do.

There not really much that I could do with the land that would be viable, to be honest.  Small-scale farming is usually just done for a hobby or for personal consumption.  I do have a few apple trees that I could claim are organic, but so does everyone else!

I'm not talking about farming, there are other things you can do with land.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "caskur"

He has to get motivated...

the only thing stopping him is his own mind.

That is true of most of us... getting in the right headspace.

That is true.  I guess Mel living in the country with all this land is pointless.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"That is true.  I guess Mel living in the country with all this land is pointless.

I didn't buy a working farm!  I bought 5 acres, the majority of it being quite literally the base of the Selkirk mountain range, which although pretty, is very steep, rocky, and not usable land for anything other than to hike through and look at.

The rest is a proper yard, with lawn.  You make it sound like I'm sitting on 50 acres of ready-to-farm land...  I am not.

Berry Sweet

5 acres is still quite a bit.  I use to live on 3.  There are other things you can do with land besides grow veggies.   Use your imagination.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"5 acres is still quite a bit.  I use to live on 3.  There are other things you can do with land besides grow veggies.   Use your imagination.

Doesn't Herman have something like four hundred acres. He grows canola, and raises beef cattle. I think he has bees too.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"5 acres is still quite a bit.  I use to live on 3.  There are other things you can do with land besides grow veggies.   Use your imagination.

You have to read what I write:  About three of that five acres is literally the base of the Selkirks.  You know this area, and know what the Selkirks look like.  They are steep, and often pure rock.  You can NOT farm that.

Anonymous

Here's my back yard.  I challenge anyone to farm this...  It's steeper and rockier than it looks.

https://i.ibb.co/LkdpSmZ/Back.jpg">

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview