The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

Thanks to China, I am unemployed

Started by Gaon, March 18, 2020, 08:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=399310 time=1611557626 user_id=88
Quote from: Gaon post_id=399306 time=1611556293 user_id=3170
Canada has the worst prime minister of any developed country. But, Joe Biden as a leader could rival Justin Trudeau.

Yes. N America has not one leader left

Like him or loathe him, Stephen Harper was a pragmatic leader.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=399311 time=1611557874 user_id=56
Quote from: cc post_id=399310 time=1611557626 user_id=88
Quote from: Gaon post_id=399306 time=1611556293 user_id=3170
Canada has the worst prime minister of any developed country. But, Joe Biden as a leader could rival Justin Trudeau.

Yes. N America has not one leader left

Like him or loathe him, Stephen Harper was a pragmatic leader.

I never thought much about the federal government when Stephen Harper was prime minister..

He never deliberately caused people to lose their jobs like this prime minister routinely does..

He never brought in new taxes that takes money for things like our children's education and gives it to billionaire donors to the Liberal Party of Canada to spend on green retrofitting..

I miss not worrying about what goovernment will do to my family.

Anonymous

The best government is the smallest government possible. Trudeau grew the size of government and usurped provincial jurisdiction in a way the previous om never did. Therefore, he has more of an impact on your life than you would like any pm to have.

Gaon

Work is getting scarce again. Due to this third wave, jobs are cancelled.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: Gaon post_id=408455 time=1618539692 user_id=3170

I'm sorry about that Gaon.

Gaon

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=408457 time=1618540103 user_id=3254
Quote from: Gaon post_id=408455 time=1618539692 user_id=3170

I'm sorry about that Gaon.

So am I.
The Russian Rock It

Gaon

I still cannot work the hours I once did before the Chinese coronavirus started. I get overtime most weeks. It is no longer unlimited like it was in 2019.
The Russian Rock It

Berry Sweet

Are some of you still out on jobs?  I'd say fuck your degrees and find a trade  to get into.

I worked all pandemic.  I get about 30hrs/week...before, during and now.  They offered me more but I don't want it.  I'd love to, but I've got a kid and other things I have to attend to...I literally don't have the time...and if I do...I want to be alone and on my ass in bed with a good book or documentary on my tablet.

I hope some of you can find work or atleast try get into another career where you are guaranteed work...esp in the future....I bet a lot of job are going to go extinct and be taken over by AI.   A lot of degrees will become useless one day.

Gaon

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=420019 time=1630976239 user_id=164
Are some of you still out on jobs?  I'd say fuck your degrees and find a trade  to get into.

I worked all pandemic.  I get about 30hrs/week...before, during and now.  They offered me more but I don't want it.  I'd love to, but I've got a kid and other things I have to attend to...I literally don't have the time...and if I do...I want to be alone and on my ass in bed with a good book or documentary on my tablet.

I hope some of you can find work or atleast try get into another career where you are guaranteed work...esp in the future....I bet a lot of job are going to go extinct and be taken over by AI.   A lot of degrees will become useless one day.

I am a journeyman HVAC technician. This is the profession I had in Israel. I got my certification recognized in British Columbia before the pandemic started. Overtime was unlimited until the Chinese coronavirus went worldwide.
The Russian Rock It

Berry Sweet

One thing I hear a lot of complaints about is...people fresh out of school with their degrees looking for work...and they can't get anything cause whoever is hiring wants ypu to have a degree, have 2-3 years work experience in an entry level position and the pay is min wage or a dollar over min wage.  

Imagine trying to survive and pay off your student loan with that shit wage.  Some of these people end up working at McDs or Walmart cause they can't find anything in their area of study.

I know a woman who is over $100,000 in debt from her recent education and she can't find a job.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: Gaon post_id=420020 time=1630976543 user_id=3170

I am a journeyman HVAC technician. This is the profession I had in Israel. I got my certification recognized in British Columbia before the pandemic started. Overtime was unlimited until the Chinese coronavirus went worldwide.

Sorry to hear about that.

I met this woman a few years ago who immigrated from the Philippines...she was a doctor....really smart and intelligent woman....but her education is NOT recognized in Canada so sje has no choice but to take some shit job to survive.

I dpnt understand why Canada does this to immigrants??  Esp if they are a doctor and have been legit practicing in theor own country before coming here...we obviously have a huge shortage of doctors...let these people take some sort of test to transfer their smarts over to Canada and let them practice in Canada....fill the gaps in health care!!

What a slap in the face to come to Canada as a doctor and be told ypu can't work as one...better off going back.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=420021 time=1630976801 user_id=164
One thing I hear a lot of complaints about is...people fresh out of school with their degrees looking for work...and they can't get anything cause whoever is hiring wants ypu to have a degree, have 2-3 years work experience in an entry level position and the pay is min wage or a dollar over min wage.  

Imagine trying to survive and pay off your student loan with that shit wage.  Some of these people end up working at McDs or Walmart cause they can't find anything in their area of study.

I know a woman who is over $100,000 in debt from her recent education and she can't find a job.

It depends what one's degree is in..

A degree in the medical, engineering or business areas of study confer professional designations and good careers..

We're paying for our daughter's post secondary education because it is in a field that leads to a real profession.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=420022 time=1630977229 user_id=164
Quote from: Gaon post_id=420020 time=1630976543 user_id=3170

Sorry to hear about that.

I met this woman a few years ago who immigrated from the Philippines...she was a doctor....really smart and intelligent woman....but her education is NOT recognized in Canada so sje has no choice but to take some shit job to survive.

I dpnt understand why Canada does this to immigrants??  Esp if they are a doctor and have been legit practicing in theor own country before coming here...we obviously have a huge shortage of doctors...let these people take some sort of test to transfer their smarts over to Canada and let them practice in Canada....fill the gaps in health care!!

What a slap in the face to come to Canada as a doctor and be told ypu can't work as one...better off going back.

What a waste of human capital.....we all suffer because of it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=420021 time=1630976801 user_id=164

We should stop subsidizing liberal farts hobby degrees for lazy useless white assholes and redirect that money into real degrees.

Berry Sweet

I dunno fash....seems like a lot of people want to take courses that will get them a degree and a job without having to study hard for it...abd they want to sit behind a computer all day....I think these kinds of jobs are just disappearing??

I on the other hand don't care.  I don't want one of those boring jobs....I literally can not sit still....I prefer the active jobs....I get my job and workout done in one day....no stress to take home.  I don't make a killing...but its decent and I'm fulfilled....plus I dpnt have to deal with the public...which is a massive bonus!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview