I love seeing my black brothers and sisters waking up

Started by Biggie Smiles, September 23, 2020, 01:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggie Smiles

It is truly awe inspiring.

They have courage and I salute them

">

Anonymous

Wow.  That was powerful.  I actually agree with a lot of what they are saying, but there are major problems and the media's constant speculation is detrimental to society as a whole.  

I am fearful that when the Floyd officers are acquitted, the US will burn.  We saw the same shit with King... the media spun that as a routine traffic stop that ended with that horrific beating.  Meanwhile, he was high on PCP leading them on a high speed chase endangering the lives of everyone in his path.  

It's a well known fact that juries do not typically convict police officers for killings committed while on duty.  Mark my words... we are fucked.

Anonymous

The public reaction to an acquittal is scary even the officer cannot be convicted murder..

In Canada, perhaps criminal negligence causing death or involuntary manslaughter..

Neither of these crimes involve federal penitentiary time(more than two years).

Anonymous

Floyd's death has resulted in the biggest protest turned riot in the history of the US.  I joined that protest supporting justice and the end of systematic racism.  I left when pipe bombs were thrown and it became a "fuck the police" rant.  I support my moral and ethical boys in blue.  

I also am a firm believer in due process, which many of these officers are demanding full compliance and or death.

Anonymous

My younger brother is an RCMP officer in a predominantly Aboriginal area of the province of Manitoba..

Being a policeman is a tough job, but he loves it..

Do you think racism was involved in the altercation with George Floyd?

Dove

I do not think racism was a factor in any of these police confrontations.

If these states burn....its because the governors of them allowed it. All it takes is a phone call and feds will clear it.

They rather let their cities be destroyed, sadly. Innocent people die and have their lives ruined. They dont care.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Anonymous

I believe these instances weren't racially charged as much as I believe that their prior arrest records were a factor when no DL/ID was produced or ran.  

It's not that the actual protestors don't care about the communities as much as it is the rioters being opportunistic and taking advantage during this time.

It is our second amendment right to demonstrate and protest peacefully.  It's also under this same amendment that we have the right to bear arms.  It is as illegal to riot as it is to stick a gun in someone's face.  I personally wish everyone would stay safe inside their homes and wear their masks during this pandemic, but it's not going to happen.

The military will eventually take over.  Mark my words.  That's when all of our rights as citizens of this Country are going to be impacted.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: Dove post_id=383873 time=1600890107 user_id=3266

If these states burn....its because the governors of them allowed it. All it takes is a phone call and feds will clear it.

They rather let their cities be destroyed, sadly. Innocent people die and have their lives ruined. They dont care.

Racism was a factor in the protests, but not in the confrontation between Floyd and the Minneapolis police.

cc

I dunno. As to that incident only, I found it weird that the one cop kept pressure on for so long  ,, even as others were saying stop

whether race caused such an act  or stupidity caused it we cannot know inside his head. It could have been either or a combination of both

And yes, Racism was a "trigger" in the protests which actually become destructive riots that end up being against current society as a whole, not just whitey

Certainly some police incidents are race driven ... often it's power tripping....  occasional bad apples exist in all sections of  society
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=383882 time=1600897309 user_id=2015
Quote from: Dove post_id=383873 time=1600890107 user_id=3266

Racism was a factor in the protests, but not in the confrontation between Floyd and the Minneapolis police.

We can speculate all day and night about whether or not that officer was racist.  The fact of the matter is I've never seen a hold that is taught in academy during training described as "inducing the immediate onset of cardiac arrest" used on a white man who then subsequently dies and the video is blasted all over the news for months in end.  

I know we need the police.   I also realize that systematic racism is an issue.  If we demilitarized the police, I believe we would see less complacent and complaint minority officers not reacting in these situations.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=383883 time=1600897663 user_id=88
I dunno. As to that incident only, I found it weird that the one cop kept pressure on for so long  ,, even as others were saying stop

whether race caused such an act  or stupidity caused it we cannot know inside his head. It could have been either or a combination of both

And yes, Racism was a "trigger" in the protests which actually become destructive riots that end up being against current society as a whole, not just whitey

Certainly some police incidents are race driven ... often it's power tripping....  occasional bad apples exist in all sections of  society

Police violence/murder of black people is the basis of the BLM movement.  BLM's purpose is to raise awareness and support the black community when it had been inflicted.

The riots are the result of Antifa merging and convoluting this  movement.  

Black Lives Matter ~ society has already failed when we have to mention that ANY lives matter.  It states in the Declaration of Independence that all men are created equal.

Odinson

Odinson

Quote from: Murdock post_id=383885 time=1600899894 user_id=3229

Police violence/murder of black people is the basis of the BLM movement.  BLM's purpose is to raise awareness and support the black community when it had been inflicted.

Black Lives Matter ~ society has already failed when we have to mention that ANY lives matter.  It states in the Declaration of Independence that all men are created equal.

Its stupid... They should raise awareness on the black on black murders.

White people are being killed for same reasons.

The whole BLM movement is based on a lie.

The media has twisted it so that it seems that its only happening to black people.

BLMs only purpose is to create division, hate, anarchy etc.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=383887 time=1600900312 user_id=136
Quote from: Murdock post_id=383885 time=1600899894 user_id=3229

Its stupid... They should raise awareness on the black on black murders.

White people are being killed for same reasons.

The whole BLM movement is based on a lie.

The media is twisted it so that it seems that its only happening to black people.

BLMs only purpose is to create division, hate, anarchy etc.

That last statement is absolutely NOT true.  You have the perfect storm of events that happened with Floyd inclusive of a worldwide pandemic, shelter in place orders, unemployment, and then ANOTHER black man is being killed by the police on the news.  Whatever you believe about the officers involved, this is detrimental to struggling black communities.  

Let them take your rights away then.  However, I would prefer to preserve as much of our rights as possible in the wake of such totalitarian ideologies being implemented.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview