The best topic

Replies: 8530
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 06:52:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Ungrateful kids

Started by Erica Mena, June 07, 2022, 07:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

weebles

Quote from: Blazor post_id=457719 time=1654713460 user_id=2221
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=457712 time=1654713082 user_id=3254
Quote from: Blazor post_id=457707 time=1654712723 user_id=2221
Beat their ass Erica!!!  ac_beating

That doesn't work on children let alone adults.

Mine turned out great  :laugh:

Thats the problem with kids these days, aint getting their asses beat enough!

My Mom would beat me with a belt, a switch, a fly swatter, a flip flop, or the worst... a hair brush!!!

Im sweeter than the girl that is sweeter than sugar  ac_dance

Used to get the belt and the wooden spoon till it broke I Laughed then right after got then metal strainer spoon  :laugh:

cw_

Quote from: Blazor post_id=457735 time=1654715768 user_id=2221

I was whooped until I was 12, the day I blocked my drunken step dad's hand, blocked his shove, and returned it. Fucker never touched me again. My karate was too powerful for him by then  :laugh:

It stopped for me at 12 too.  I said "That's it Dad, beat the fuck out of me!".  He looked stricken, and walked quietly away.

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=457733 time=1654715450 user_id=3226
I don't think it works at all. What worked for me was giving positive attention for good behaviour and not protecting against the natural consequences of poor behaviour, but learning from it.  There's enough punishment in the world already without manufacturing it.

I agree......one spank on the backside is okay for toddlers who might get hurt from something they are doing, but that's about it.

weebles

ac_umm I need to go visit my parents this summer

Dove

Quote from: cw_ post_id=457733 time=1654715450 user_id=3226
I don't think it works at all. What worked for me was giving positive attention for good behaviour and not protecting against the natural consequences of poor behaviour, but learning from it.  There's enough punishment in the world already without manufacturing it.

This is exactly correct.

Spanking may get immediately compliance....which if you are dealing with a toddler can be nessesary at times. But only for immediately compliance.....it teaches absolutely nothing positive.

I dont like to get into these debates or discussions about spanking kids because we have all done it and most of us are sensitive about it because it rips your heart out. And people are only trying to do their best and we already are hard on ourselves. I'm mercilessly hard on myself.  That's why nothing said to me online bothers me much. Odds are good I've been way meaner to myself long before some stranger took their shots.

I don't like making people feel bad or like they have failed and you never know how your words will be received. So I'll just be blunt hopefully readers will know where my heart is on it.  I'm just sharing knowledge.

When you spank your child.....if they are older, you are teaching them to be sneaky. And to be afraid of you....which is not a good thing as they start growing and driving and going out with friends. You want them to come to you if they screw up really bad....not try to hide it.

When they are toddlers? They have no idea why you hit them except that you are mad and frustrated. So guess what has just been taught?  That if they are mad and frustrated....the thing to do is hit.

Little toddler/child brains are so caveman level. Literal. They dont get nuance. And they watch us VERY closely and they will mimick us. And they will receive messages from our behaviour that are so simple. Spank or swat a toddler? They dont really think "oh man....I shouldnt have done that and I was just corrected"... they think "I made mommy mad somehow and she hit me. So when I feel mad, I should hit".

I taught pre school for some years and the biggest hitters and biters were kids I know got spanked by parents. I know because I saw them swat the kid.

If they grow up getting spanked....and are not otherwise disciplined....they have learned violence is an acceptable response to conflict AND theyve learned to be dishonest. Obviously not everyone ends up the same....we are individuals. But the things we learn as children are hard to unlearn later if they are toxic.

It gets immediate compliance, but it's not discipline. Disclipine is training and teaching.

You described positive reinforcement and it really is the most effective discipline. Rewarding good behaviour, complimenting good behavior....heads off a lot of undesirable behaviour.  And yeah removing or softening consequences for bad behavior and mistakes is also positive reinforcement and you definately dont want to reinforce that.  It can be hard though.

I also did time outs, removing priviledges and having them "earn" them back with extra chores. It's a bit harder with my youngest because shes the baby and everyone is wrapped around her devious finger.

The issue with Gen Z isnt that they were not spanked. The problem is they have not been disciplined.  I know everyone knocks the generation after their own....I'm not trying to do that. But I have been completely floored by the attitudes I've seen from kids in my daughters generation.  Schools dont even discipline kids anymore and they pass them through no matter what.  There are no real consequences for anything.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Dove

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=457738 time=1654716162 user_id=2845
I cried the two times I actually spanked. Their dad was the one who could spank them and not feel bad.

Probably cuz I used to get beat

My husband and I clash at times when it comes to discipline. My older girls tell me i went soft.

I probably have now that i have another parent with me to share these issues with. I can do the "i will call dad!" Lol.

Erica Mena

I feel bad and cave in. Dad won't.
<t></t>

Dove

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=457805 time=1654728846 user_id=2845

It takes a lot of pressure off when you can blame dad

Like "Sorry kiddo....even if I wanted to, dad said no" lol

Erica Mena

Quote from: Dove post_id=457810 time=1654729194 user_id=3266

It does! They'll bug me to no end. Dad tho? One no is enough lol
<t></t>

Blazor

Hahahah, you fuckers!!!!

I went through that shit!!! My wife always threatening my son with "you wait til your Dad gets home!" or "Im on the phone with your DAD! Want me to tell him how you being!" and shit like that lol. THEN, when I punish, they would unpunish while I was gone!!! Like WTF!!! You want him to act right or not! Cause he aint gonna respect you when you pull that weak ass shit! They think "I can do what I want, Mom lets me". At least from my experience lol. Later in life, he would NEVER listen to her! ALWAYS listened to me! He respected me. He didnt go around sneaking, cause he KNEW, I had a photographic memory, and he couldnt get away with shit lol. No matter what, I always caught him lol. He would tell his friends "bro, you dont understand, my Dad ALWAYS figures shit out!" lolol.

To be clear, he got his beatings early on, and later only got beatings for something REALLY bad. Otherwise, he simply got grounded. BUT, Mom would unground him, earning her "early" favortism, but later... I earned more respect. Also, he didnt get punished not even close to half of what I did, not even a quarter! And I was a good fucking kid!!!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Dove

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=457811 time=1654729314 user_id=2845

Yep!

My older ones will try to recruit me to talk dad into things they want because they think he does everything I want lol.

Blazor

Quote from: Dove post_id=457826 time=1654731219 user_id=3266
Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=457811 time=1654729314 user_id=2845

Yep!

My older ones will try to recruit me to talk dad into things they want because they think he does everything I want lol.

:roll:

Thats how they do!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: weebles post_id=457786 time=1654724442 user_id=2191
ac_umm I need to go visit my parents this summer

Don't get out of line or you'll get the belt.

Anonymous

My Mom would beat me with a belt, a switch, a fly swatter, a flip flop, or the worst... a hair brush!!!

I know all about that. My old man would beat me and my brother black and blue if we didn't do our chores around the farm. My sisters didn't get whooped, and my mom didn't hit us. Then I turned seventeen and I got into it with that old Ukrainian fucker. I moved out for a while, and then moved back, both us having new respect for each other.

I divorced my first wife when my boy was really young. I was living and working all over the frickin world. I would see him about once a year on a trip to Canada, My only presence in his life was money. So, only seeing him about three weeks a year and all at once, I didn't smack him.

Blazor

Quote from: Herman post_id=457867 time=1654734265 user_id=1689

I know all about that. My old man would beat me and my brother black and blue if we didn't do our chores around the farm. My sisters didn't get whooped, and my mom didn't hit us. Then I turned seventeen and I got into it with that old Ukrainian fucker. I moved out for a while, and then moved back, both us having new respect for each other.

I divorced my first wife when my boy was really young. I was living and working all over the frickin world. I would see him about once a year on a trip to Canada, My only presence in his life was money. So, only seeing about three weeks a year and all at once, I didn't smack him.

Lol, we were raised kinda the same lol. Only, I was the same size I am now at the age of 12, and I had taken 3 years of karate by then and was lifting weights. He fucked around and found out lolol. My step dad. Drunken asshole that he was.